Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When should you tap out
https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-justice-ginsburg-suffers-fall-fractures-three-142432167.html

Quote:Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a prominent liberal who at age 85 is the oldest U.S. Supreme Court justice, was hospitalized on Thursday after fracturing three ribs in a fall the night before at her office at the court, a court spokeswoman said.

My wish is that Trump would ask her to step aside and allow a liberal to take her place. Of course it will never happen, but this is sad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Given the current situation, she'll try to last 2 more years. I imagine she feels that ensuring that there's a judge on the bench for the next 30 years that isn't opposed to everything she stands for is worth more than her health at this point in her life.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Actually she is quite healthy (knock on wood) given her workouts.

This sounds like the fairly normal weakening of bones, but one of our band parents told us last night that her broken broke her rib by picking her up and squeezing her her too fast the other day!

So it happens.

Hoping for a quick recovery for her.

But as to when she should step down?  I would have wished she did it years ago.  I just think 70-75-85 is beyond time to have moved on and have newer people in.  That goes for any of them.  Or if there are appointed at an early age I think 30-40 years is just too long to serve.  If you serve more than two generations society has more than likely passed you by and your views and understandings no longer meet up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This is an over reaction. She is notorious for working out and being fit but at that age almost everyone will suffer broken bones from falls.
Meh, if Reagan can be president with Alzheimer's RBG can be a judge with broken ribs. I realize she's 85, but people aren't horses who simply get dismissed from their duties when they break a bone. Then again, if Trump twists his ankle the next time he goes golfing....hmm...maybe I'm turned around on this idea now.
If Trump gets a second term, she might not last...
The Dems will have to use the Weekend at Bernie props.
(11-09-2018, 02:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My wish is that Trump would ask her to step aside and allow a liberal to take her place. 

Why would you want a liberal when you think liberal ideology is bad for the country?

You act like you think abortion is murder, but now you claim you want a judge that would protect the right to murder.

Something doesn't add up here.
(11-09-2018, 10:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hoping for a quick recovery for her.

That is the problem at her age.  Bones don't heal fast. Sometimes not at all.

That's why a broken hip so often begins the end for an elderly person.

Hope she can hang on though.  
(11-09-2018, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would you want a liberal when you think liberal ideology is bad for the country?

You act like you think abortion is murder, but now you claim you want a judge that would protect the right to murder.

Something doesn't add up here.

I don't want a liberal; I just think it would be the fair thing to do in this case. Pretty sure she was betting on Hills. 

As to abortion being murder IDK, I think the intent of the parent plays a role in the definition; however, it is killing an innocent child. 

She’s a tough old bird that’s for sure.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

She's still hanging in there:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ruth-bader-ginsburg-undergoes-surgery/ar-BBRh3Kl?ocid=ientp

Quote:Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg underwent a pulmonary lobectomy today at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Two nodules in the lower lobe of her left lung were discovered incidentally during tests performed at George Washington University Hospital to diagnose and treat rib fractures sustained in a fall on November 7. According to the thoracic surgeon, Valerie W. Rusch, MD, FACS, both nodules removed during surgery were found to be malignant on initial pathology evaluation. Post-surgery, there was no evidence of any remaining disease. Scans performed before surgery indicated no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body. Currently, no further treatment is planned. Justice Ginsburg is resting comfortably and is expected to remain in the hospital for a few days. Updates will be provided as they become available.

(12-21-2018, 02:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: She's still hanging in there:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ruth-bader-ginsburg-undergoes-surgery/ar-BBRh3Kl?ocid=ientp

Good for her.
Quote:...both nodules removed during surgery were found to be malignant on initial pathology evaluation. Post-surgery, there was no evidence of any remaining disease. Scans performed before surgery indicated no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body. Currently, no further treatment is planned.
She called in her vote from her hospital bed, that is pretty impressive.
Why cause she a women? We don't say this about men ie McCain.

Reminds me of how Republicans mock Hillary for being old when Trump was older.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(12-21-2018, 06:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why cause she a women? We don't say this about men ie McCain.

Reminds me of how Republicans mock Hillary for being old when Trump was older.

Yes, you cracked the code; it's because she's a woman

(12-21-2018, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, you cracked the code; it's because she's a woman

I’m going to say that was an excellent dog whistle. Liberals usually hear and decide them within seconds, well before conservatives are even aware of them. This one stood strong for a month and a half.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-21-2018, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, you cracked the code; it's because she's a woman

(12-21-2018, 07:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m going to say that was an excellent dog whistle. Liberals usually hear and decide them within seconds, well before conservatives are even aware of them. This one stood strong for a month and a half.

I'm sure it wasn't because of her gender but simply because she is a liberal...or "the left" as is often used around here.

Same reason BOR said it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/12/24/view-meghan-mccain-slams-bill-oreilly-gross-ruth-bader-ginsburg-remark/2405784002/

Is it possible to swing the court to the right far enough to make divorce illegal?
(12-26-2018, 11:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure it wasn't because of her gender but simply because she is a liberal...or "the left" as is often used around here.

Same reason BOR said it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/12/24/view-meghan-mccain-slams-bill-oreilly-gross-ruth-bader-ginsburg-remark/2405784002/

Well my point  has more to do with being 85 and recently suffering a fall at home.

As to BOR comments: they are without class.

(12-26-2018, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is it possible to swing the court to the right far enough to make divorce illegal?

Are you asking for a friend or is the wife moving on?