Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JaMarr's Rookie Yr Vs Other Stars 1st TWO YEARS!
Check out Ja'Marr Chase's rookie stats compared to other star receivers' first TWO SEASONS!

[Image: 273302667_10227247966095137_844448100325...e=62047BB7]

That's INSANE! He has A LOT MORE YARDS in A LOT LESS GAMES! And he did it with his quarterback getting his ass kicked and having no time to throw because of a shitty offensive line!

I have a feeling he could be in an argument as The GOAT by the time his career is over and he and Burrow should do some AMAZING THINGS HERE!

I'm talking stat-wise and they'll bring us a few titles!
WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
A big part of that is the other guys came in lower on the depth chart than Jamarr.

The game favors the WRs now much more so than when TO and Chad were rookies, while Jordy Nelson was Rogers favorite target when Adams entered the league.

I'd be curious to see a target comparison over that same time line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 12:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: A big part of that is the other guys came in lower on the depth chart than Jamarr.

The game favors the WRs now much more so than when TO and Chad were rookies, while Jordy Nelson was Rogers favorite target when Adams entered the league.

I'd be curious to see a target comparison over that same time line.

Chase basically had less targets than almost everyone on that list.

Chase 155 targets
TO 161 targets
Davante Adams 160 targets
AB 141 targets
Chad 197 targets
Reply/Quote
Very impressive. I think the familiarity between Chase and Burrow has definitely helped both players. But I believe he is something like 3rd in the league with YAC so that should speak a lot about his talent level. Hopefully he has a good game next Sunday and adds to his stats and helps to secure a Bengals championship.
Reply/Quote
Just awesome. Please fix the Oline this offseason.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just awesome. Please fix the Oline this offseason.

& then watch as Burrow and Chase perform even better.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Check out Ja'Marr Chase's rookie stats compared to other star receivers' first TWO SEASONS!

[Image: 273302667_10227247966095137_844448100325...e=62047BB7]

That's INSANE! He has A LOT MORE YARDS in A LOT LESS GAMES! And he did it with his quarterback getting his ass kicked and having no time to throw because of a shitty offensive line!

I have a feeling he could be in an argument as The GOAT by the time his career is over and he and Burrow should do some AMAZING THINGS HERE!

I'm talking stat-wise and they'll bring us a few titles!

WHO-DEY!

I was on Team Chase from the start, but even I had tempered my expectations a bit given the fact that he sat out a year when he was 20.  I thought he might be rusty.  I though he might need a season to get his feel for routes back.  Wrong.  The kid is just such an amazing athlete.  His STRENGTH is so underestimated.  

I remember when I read that he did 225 lbs something like 23 times.  That is more than a lot of linemen!  And his lower body strength is insane.  He just makes it look like he is greased, but he is just that strong.  It is like trying to tackle a boar.  

I absolutely love his play, his demeanor, and his effort every single snap.  
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 12:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Chase basically had less targets than almost everyone on that list.

Chase 155 targets
TO 161 targets
AB 141 targets
Chad 197 targets

Put in that context, the numbers are even more impressive.

And these aren't WRs from the 80s when you could mug a WR all the way down the field.  These are contemporaries.  
Reply/Quote
The guy we need to compare him to is Randy Moss, his first 5 NFL seasons were astounding. 77 TD's around 7000 yards.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 12:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Chase basically had less targets than almost everyone on that list.

Chase 155 targets
TO 161 targets
AB 141 targets
Chad 197 targets
I'd also like to see stats like run after catch, as well as the amount of pressure that their quarterbacks were under because I think context like that makes it even more impressive!
(02-06-2022, 01:38 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Very impressive. I think the familiarity between Chase and Burrow has definitely helped both players. But I believe he is something like 3rd in the league with YAC so that should speak a lot about his talent level. Hopefully he has a good game next Sunday and adds to his stats and helps to secure a Bengals championship.
The familiarity and chemistry between the two definitely helps and is going to lead to bigger and even better things, especially when Burrow finally has a decent line a time to throw.
(02-06-2022, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just awesome. Please fix the Oline this offseason.
I can't even fully comprehend how amazing Chase, Burrow, and the entire offense will be with an even decent offensive line.

Let's just hope that this front office is smart enough to do the research on draft picks and go all-out in free agency.
(02-06-2022, 02:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & then watch as Burrow and Chase perform even better.
I can't even imagine. It will be like college kids on the playground against grade school kids.
(02-06-2022, 02:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was on Team Chase from the start, but even I had tempered my expectations a bit given the fact that he sat out a year when he was 20.  I thought he might be rusty.  I though he might need a season to get his feel for routes back.  Wrong.  The kid is just such an amazing athlete.  His STRENGTH is so underestimated.  

I remember when I read that he did 225 lbs something like 23 times.  That is more than a lot of linemen!  And his lower body strength is insane.  He just makes it look like he is greased, but he is just that strong.  It is like trying to tackle a boar.  

I absolutely love his play, his demeanor, and his effort every single snap.  
He's an absolute animal. He just comes out there and make plays with incredible abilities and then just lines up and says "let's do it again."

He celebrates and everything but you can tell he's all business on the field and always going 110%!
(02-06-2022, 02:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Put in that context, the numbers are even more impressive.

And these aren't WRs from the 80s when you could mug a WR all the way down the field.  These are contemporaries.  

It's pretty ridiculous............ 
Reply/Quote