Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the Bengals make the SB would you go?
I've had this debate with some of my buddies for a while now. As much as I love being at the games I think a Bengals SB would be just too crazy for me and not a good experience for a few reasons:

1. Unless you win the SB ticket lottery to sit anywhere with a good view (somewhere close the 30-50 yard line and not in the nosebleeds) you're going to have to mortgage your house and your wife is going to leave you.

2. There's so much fluff and non "real fans" at the game, i.e. businessmen, celebrities, just folks with too much money on their hands, etc. I feel like it would be just a weird situation when you're a die hard fan and some folks would be there just watching or casually rooting for a team just for that game. That said if the Bengals weren't playing I actually think a SB experience could be cool, if you could get a free ticket.

3. Even if you did go it would be really hard to go with more than a few people, when the Bengals go I want to be able to share that excitement with ALL my friends/family with everyone super invested in the game. The last time they were in the SB I was 8 years old and my dad had a SB/Bday party for me with all friends and family. P.S. Joe Montana ruined my childhood, worst day ever for me but I digress...

4. Lastly, the TV angles and quality of TV is so high now that you could see every play happen and not miss a thing. Now this is true for every game but especially with the SB I wouldn't want miss ANYTHING. This is the game to win it all and unless your the Pats is a blessing to be at and a rare occasion.

So question is, would you try and go just to be there or would you watch where you can see everything with all your family/friends?

P.S. I do have a pack with one buddy that no matter where the AFC Championship game is we are going when the Bengals make it, the stadium should be filled with real fans of both teams and a more "pure" experience IMO. Also might only have to sell one-kidney to get decent tickets for that game. Wink
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t go to the game itself. I would however spend the money to go to the city the super bowl was held, get a nice place to stay that has a good TV and have a super bowl party there With all my friends that could go.that way you get all the festivities and atmosphere without the outrageous prices for nosebleed seats where you will be surrounded by people who don’t really care. The HD TV experience is just too good to do it any other way.

But let’s face it, I’m never going to be faced with having to make this decision.

Reply/Quote
Depends on where it is and how busy i am at the time but i would love to just see a Bengals game live let alone a Bengals Superbowl. Still would probably just watch it on the TV in HD and could see it better anyways. Man, we need the stripes in the Superbowl. Getting sick of seeing those Pats and Stealers in there....
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 05:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Wouldn’t go to the game itself. I would however spend the money to go to the city the super bowl was held, get a nice place to stay that has a good TV and have a super bowl party there With all my friends that could go.that way you get all the festivities and atmosphere without the outrageous prices for nosebleed seats where you will be surrounded by people who don’t really care. The HD TV experience is just too good to do it any other way.

But let’s face it, I’m never going to be faced with having to make this decision.

Can drink cheaper and many more brewskies at home too...
Reply/Quote
Yes.

I might not make it into the stadium, but I will be nearby
Reply/Quote
“You’re going to have to mortgage your house soon your wife is going to leave you”

In my case, I am the wife. No way my husband will go with me. He hates crowds. But if I had the chance I would go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope because I won’t be alive 200 years from now

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I always said that I would go to Cincinnati and watch the game with fellow Bengal fans. If they win, imagine the atmosphere there after the game!
Reply/Quote
I don't think that I would want to be in the stadium, but definitely at the game. Maybe have an RV in the tailgate area, large canopy, couple of comfy recliners, big screen, Wyche's Warrior there with his smoker, cooking up all the game day eats. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Attended the first two. Might as well make it a trifecta.
Reply/Quote
I may go if it is an indoor stadium besides Detroit. Ugh. Detroit.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 05:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Wouldn’t go to the game itself. I would however spend the money to go to the city the super bowl was held, get a nice place to stay that has a good TV and have a super bowl party there With all my friends that could go.that way you get all the festivities and atmosphere without the outrageous prices for nosebleed seats where you will be surrounded by people who don’t really care. The HD TV experience is just too good to do it any other way.

It was 1989. We sat in the last row in the end zone, surrounded by 49 fans. It is one of the best experiences in my life.  10 of us ventured to the game and my wife was face painting anyone and everyone with tiger faces in the stadium. The 49 fans were boring but very polite. When Stanford Jennings ran back the kickoff for a touchdown my friend was slamming me against the concrete back wall going crazy. The events in Miami in the week before (and after) were just outstanding.  So many memories and, yes, I would mortgage the house, because it was something I will take to my death bed with a smile. Go ahead and watch on TV. I enjoy the memories of my experiences about the Super Bowls, Freezer Bowl, Scab Game 1988 Ickey, etc.!
Reply/Quote
I've watched both Bengals SBs. The 1st one I was 14 and remember the jingle on the radio, Bengals' 12 days of Christmas. Of course both ended in heartbreak fashion, but seeing your team there is a memory never to be forgotten!
Reply/Quote
It’s easier for me to wrap my head around attending an alien arrival a la Close Encounters, than a Bengals SB lol

Reply/Quote
I was at the last one. I'll sure try to go to the next one...if I don't die before they get there.
Reply/Quote
Watched the 1st 2 on tv, I guess it would depend on where it was.....
Reply/Quote
I actually "talked" with my brother about it a few years back and, if we weren't in Greater Cincinnati and all our friends weren't die-hard fans, we would go, but Cincinnati will just be insane when that happens!

It will just be one huge party and all our friends will be in Heaven and going crazy like only hometown fans and friends can.

If I didn't live in Greater Cincinnati, I'd go in a heartbeat, but the area would just be too intense and too good of a time to miss out on.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 07:49 PM)Okeana Wrote: Nope because I won’t be alive 200 years from now

This....

Not to mention I'm an hour away from PBS, and I can't be bothered to make that trip more often than not. Pfft I sure as hell ain't going to Tampa or Houston, or wherever to watch them... AND I'm supposed to break the bank to go?

Child please!!!

,- Chad Johnson
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I agree with many on here regarding TV coverage. Being at the game would be electric as long as we were not getting blown out. But factoring in the total cost for alcohol, hotel, tickets, etc. it would be a hard pass for me. Would prefer sitting in the mancave with family and friends.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 05:26 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I've had this debate with some of my buddies for a while now. As much as I love being at the games I think a Bengals SB would be just too crazy for me and not a good experience for a few reasons:

1. Unless you win the SB ticket lottery to sit anywhere with a good view (somewhere close the 30-50 yard line and not in the nosebleeds) you're going to have to mortgage your house and your wife is going to leave you.

2. There's so much fluff and non "real fans" at the game, i.e. businessmen, celebrities, just folks with too much money on their hands, etc. I feel like it would be just a weird situation when you're a die hard fan and some folks would be there just watching or casually rooting for a team just for that game. That said if the Bengals weren't playing I actually think a SB experience could be cool, if you could get a free ticket.

3. Even if you did go it would be really hard to go with more than a few people, when the Bengals go I want to be able to share that excitement with ALL my friends/family with everyone super invested in the game. The last time they were in the SB I was 8 years old and my dad had a SB/Bday party for me with all friends and family. P.S. Joe Montana ruined my childhood, worst day ever for me but I digress...

4. Lastly, the TV angles and quality of TV is so high now that you could see every play happen and not miss a thing. Now this is true for every game but especially with the SB I wouldn't want miss ANYTHING. This is the game to win it all and unless your the Pats is a blessing to be at and a rare occasion.

So question is, would you try and go just to be there or would you watch where you can see everything with all your family/friends?

P.S. I do have a pack with one buddy that no matter where the AFC Championship game is we are going when the Bengals make it, the stadium should be filled with real fans of both teams and a more "pure" experience IMO. Also might only have to sell one-kidney to get decent tickets for that game.  Wink

You are presenting a dilemma which doesn't exist in reality. Paul Brown's descendants still run the team and since his passing the team has failed miserably to advance in the post season.

There's no evidence that this team will improve sufficiently to advance. Since the team has failed utterly 28 times out of 28 times and it hasn't moved away from the Mike Brown front office philosophy (which varies widely from Paul's I might add) and the fact that Mike Brown doesn't see anything wrong with the way things are, there's no reason expect to a different outcome.

This team needs to reach the SB before ticket prices and seats become an issue. But personally, unless the game down here in Tampa I won't spend the money. Get a better view on TV.

Reply/Quote