Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the Bengals make the SB would you go?
Sounds like some mixed responses so far with most saying they wouldn't go. I guess my ideal scenario would be to watch in Cincinnati with family/friends. Maybe rent a big house and throw a big party since I don't live in Cincy, if we won the game go out into the city bars and just go bonkers with everyone else.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 10:14 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree with many on here regarding TV coverage. Being at the game would be electric as long as we were not getting blown out. But factoring in the total cost for alcohol, hotel, tickets, etc. it would be a hard pass for me. Would prefer sitting in the mancave with family and friends.

The exact same way i feel Harley...
Reply/Quote
Given the breaking news, I have a new question. If Bobby Hart was on fire would you pee on him to put him out?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 05:26 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I've had this debate with some of my buddies for a while now. As much as I love being at the games I think a Bengals SB would be just too crazy for me and not a good experience for a few reasons:

1. Unless you win the SB ticket lottery to sit anywhere with a good view (somewhere close the 30-50 yard line and not in the nosebleeds) you're going to have to mortgage your house and your wife is going to leave you.

2. There's so much fluff and non "real fans" at the game, i.e. businessmen, celebrities, just folks with too much money on their hands, etc. I feel like it would be just a weird situation when you're a die hard fan and some folks would be there just watching or casually rooting for a team just for that game. That said if the Bengals weren't playing I actually think a SB experience could be cool, if you could get a free ticket.

3. Even if you did go it would be really hard to go with more than a few people, when the Bengals go I want to be able to share that excitement with ALL my friends/family with everyone super invested in the game. The last time they were in the SB I was 8 years old and my dad had a SB/Bday party for me with all friends and family. P.S. Joe Montana ruined my childhood, worst day ever for me but I digress...

4. Lastly, the TV angles and quality of TV is so high now that you could see every play happen and not miss a thing. Now this is true for every game but especially with the SB I wouldn't want miss ANYTHING. This is the game to win it all and unless your the Pats is a blessing to be at and a rare occasion.

So question is, would you try and go just to be there or would you watch where you can see everything with all your family/friends?

P.S. I do have a pack with one buddy that no matter where the AFC Championship game is we are going when the Bengals make it, the stadium should be filled with real fans of both teams and a more "pure" experience IMO. Also might only have to sell one-kidney to get decent tickets for that game.  Wink

don't think I could afford to go.. so probly not would have a big ass party though
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 05:26 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I've had this debate with some of my buddies for a while now. As much as I love being at the games I think a Bengals SB would be just too crazy for me and not a good experience for a few reasons:

1. Unless you win the SB ticket lottery to sit anywhere with a good view (somewhere close the 30-50 yard line and not in the nosebleeds) you're going to have to mortgage your house and your wife is going to leave you.

2. There's so much fluff and non "real fans" at the game, i.e. businessmen, celebrities, just folks with too much money on their hands, etc. I feel like it would be just a weird situation when you're a die hard fan and some folks would be there just watching or casually rooting for a team just for that game. That said if the Bengals weren't playing I actually think a SB experience could be cool, if you could get a free ticket.

3. Even if you did go it would be really hard to go with more than a few people, when the Bengals go I want to be able to share that excitement with ALL my friends/family with everyone super invested in the game. The last time they were in the SB I was 8 years old and my dad had a SB/Bday party for me with all friends and family. P.S. Joe Montana ruined my childhood, worst day ever for me but I digress...

4. Lastly, the TV angles and quality of TV is so high now that you could see every play happen and not miss a thing. Now this is true for every game but especially with the SB I wouldn't want miss ANYTHING. This is the game to win it all and unless your the Pats is a blessing to be at and a rare occasion.

So question is, would you try and go just to be there or would you watch where you can see everything with all your family/friends?

P.S. I do have a pack with one buddy that no matter where the AFC Championship game is we are going when the Bengals make it, the stadium should be filled with real fans of both teams and a more "pure" experience IMO. Also might only have to sell one-kidney to get decent tickets for that game. Wink

My wife knows that if the Bengals make the Super Bowl.....We are going. No questions and regardless of money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

P.S. I do have a pack with one buddy that no matter where the AFC Championship game is we are going when the Bengals make it, the stadium should be filled with real fans of both teams and a more "pure" experience IMO. Also might only have to sell one-kidney to get decent tickets for that game.  Wink
Since I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery (even though I don't play) than the Bengals going to a SB in my lifetime I am going to say no. 
Reply/Quote
I would go if I get to live until they make it there. I am starting to believe I will never ever see them win a playoff game let alone make it to the Super bowl.
Reply/Quote
"Bengals" - "Super Bowl"

[Image: giphy.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Nah..I'll just wait for the cgi version customized for my tastes.. You know, when a real like Bengal tiger runs on the field and mauls the opposing team and eats several players on the 50 yardline and the superimpose hysterical fans trampling each other to get out of the stadium.. The announcers say, "It's the Bengals Tiger for the WIN!"
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Bengals" - "Super Bowl"

Despite your lack of faith that we'll get there at some point (hopefully next few years), you're still invited to my SB party.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Bengals" - "Super Bowl"

30 years ago this would have pissed me off.  You, know, back when we made two SBs within eight seasons.  Just try wrapping your mind around that, young'uns.

I was young and poor the first two SBs, and so attending was not an option.  Now, the wife knows what a long-suffering fan I am, so she'd probably say "YOLO, for Pete's sake, go to the game...alone."  Not sure I could convince anyone else to blow the kind of dough it would take to do that, so alone it would probably be.  Hard to get excited about doing that.

Right now, I'd settle for an AFCCG at PBS.  All I've seen in person is four disappointing first-round losses.  Enough of that noise.  To see a Championship game, where they win a trip to the SB?  Yeah, right now, that would be enough for me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote