Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the hell is our parade?
Unfortunately this matters not a jot to me in that even if we do achieve glory this year (which of course we will) living in the UK I'm not gonna see the parade.
That being said though I can admire from afar.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 11:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Headlines in February 2017:

CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES, FOLLOWED BY THE BENGALS WINNING THE SUBERBOWL???

WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK??

time to build a bomb shelter lol
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 10:43 PM)Shady Wrote: I've got alot of respect for Lebron, but he's still not as good as Jordan. When the Cavs win 5 or 6 rings, we can talk.

So you think Pippen is better than LeBron also?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 11:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I thought I was the only Old Timer in here!!

Many youngsters have no clue Cincinnati even had a pro basketball team and had a local boy (Bearcat) and one of the greats of all time (Oscar Robertson) played for them.

I was 15 when the Bengals came to town, and being from Dayton and a Reds fan, it was a no brainer to switch from the Browns to Bengals.

I believe Oscar Robertson to be the most underrated basketball player of all time.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think Pippen is better than LeBron also?

Dumb question. Who is the Cavs second best player?

Compare that guy to Pippen.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dumb question. Who is the Cavs second best player?

Compare that guy to Pippen.

Not a dumb question at all,

If all that matters is rings then you would have to say that Pippen is better than Jordan.

And Jordan would not even be close to Bill Russell.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not a dumb question at all,

If all that matters is rings then you would have to say that Pippen is better than Jordan.

And Jordan would not even be close to Bill Russell.

Fletch is still better than them all.

[Image: 512M0oQZ3FL._SY445_.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 03:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Watching my friends videos and seeing their pictures from the Cavs championship parade makes me sick. Cincinnati is now one of the cities with the longest professional sports championship drought.

Win us a damn championship, Bengals. We have suffered long enough!

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I'm not jealous at all. I am very happy for Cleveland. Consider it. 1.3 million come out to celebrate in a city of less than 500k people. No looting, no riots, no destruction. Just celebration. They invite Bernie Kosar to participate because of how close they came and how much he means to the city. He shows up in his old Browns jersey.

That's class Cleveland. Well done. All around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 02:38 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm not jealous at all.  I am very happy for Cleveland.  Consider it.  1.3 million come out to celebrate in a city of less than 500k people.  No looting, no riots, no destruction.  Just celebration.  They invite Bernie Kosar to participate because of how close they came and how much he means to the city.  He shows up in his old Browns jersey.

That's class Cleveland.  Well done.  All around.

true I like the fact they didn't destroy their city after the victory.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 11:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Headlines in February 2017:

CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES, FOLLOWED BY THE BENGALS WINNING THE SUBERBOWL???

WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK??

That's a dream come true scenario.......that's why it'll never, EVER happen. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 05:28 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That's a dream come true scenario.......that's why it'll never, EVER happen. 
Awe c'mon now. Even your Hawkeyes had a great season (til the postseason cough cough). It could happen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe Oscar Robertson to be the most underrated basketball player of all time.
I think Scottie Pippen is....

People act like he rode Jordan's coattails. In the season and a half Jordan was gone, Pippen was an MVP caliber player. He could guard 4 positions back then, and in today's league, he could guard all 5.... and shut you down.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 05:39 PM)jason Wrote: I think Scottie Pippen is....

People act like he rode Jordan's coattails. In the season and a half Jordan was gone, Pippen was an MVP caliber player. He could guard 4 positions back then, and in today's league, he could guard all 5.... and shut you down.

I just met him last week too

Attached Files Image(s)

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Guys. Think about this:

Pittsburgh wins the Stanley Cup (CHECK)
Cleveland wins the NBA Championship (CHECK)
Baltimore wins the World Series (They are in 1st place right now but the Cubs look tough)
CINCINNATI WINS THE SUPER BOWL

All 4 cities are in the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 02:38 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm not jealous at all. I am very happy for Cleveland. Consider it. 1.3 million come out to celebrate in a city of less than 500k people. No looting, no riots, no destruction. Just celebration. They invite Bernie Kosar to participate because of how close they came and how much he means to the city. He shows up in his old Browns jersey.

That's class Cleveland. Well done. All around.

Consider me clueless but why would there be a riot after a basketball championship to where "they" would destroy their city?
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 05:45 PM)jason Wrote: I just met him last week too

I agree 100%, he was an animal when Jordan left.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 03:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Watching my friends videos and seeing their pictures from the Cavs championship parade makes me sick. Cincinnati is now one of the cities with the longest professional sports championship drought.

Win us a damn championship, Bengals. We have suffered long enough!

Where's Marge Schott when you need her?

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 06:40 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: Consider me clueless but why would there be a riot after a basketball championship to where "they" would destroy their city?

Yep clueless then. 

It is far too common among pro sports (mostly hockey) that their fans get out of hand celebrating the victory.  My line of thought, which others clearly followed, was that I would not have been surprised if that happened in Cleveland after nothing to cheer for in so long.  My post was a kudo to Cleveland for not being that classless.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe Oscar Robertson to be the most underrated basketball player of all time.
Most have Oscar in their top 5-10 ALL TIME NBA Greats ! The Big O's AVERAGING A TRIPLE DOUBLE for an entire season will never be matched.
Reply/Quote