Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When will Christians Figure It Out?
This is just one topic that annoys the crap out of me...Interracial Marriage.

Seriously, I know it seems daunting but the Bible is fairly straight forward on everything, and yes, even interracial marriage. I know people will point to Deuteronomy 6 I think it is as justification for being against interracial marriage but if you read it you will understand that it backs up the Scripture I have below.

It's about a Believer marrying an unbeliever, not about RACE!

No where in the Bible does God put one race above another, not even the Israelites are above others, it's about GOD, not you!

Numbers 12
1. And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
2. And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.
3. (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
4. And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
5. And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
6. And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
7. My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
8. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
9. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.
10. And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.
11. And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned.
12. Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb.
13. And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee.
14. And the LORD said unto Moses, If her father had but spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seven days? let her be shut out from the camp seven days, and after that let her be received in again.
15. And Miriam was shut out from the camp seven days: and the people journeyed not till Miriam was brought in again.
16. And afterward the people removed from Hazeroth, and pitched in the wilderness of Paran.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Colossians 3:11
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
(09-06-2017, 09:36 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: This is just one topic that annoys the crap out of me...Interracial Marriage.

Seriously, I know it seems daunting but the Bible is fairly straight forward on everything, and yes, even interracial marriage. I know people will point to Deuteronomy 6 I think it is as justification for being against interracial marriage but if you read it you will understand that it backs up the Scripture I have below.

No where in the Bible does God put one race above another, not even the Israelites are above others, it's about GOD, not you!

Numbers 12
1. And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
2. And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.
3. (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
4. And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
5. And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
6. And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
8. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
10. And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.
11. And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned.
12. Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb.
14. And the LORD said unto Moses, If her father had but spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seven days? let her be shut out from the camp seven days, and after that let her be received in again.
15. And Miriam was shut out from the camp seven days: and the people journeyed not till Miriam was brought in again.
16. And afterward the people removed from Hazeroth, and pitched in the wilderness of Paran.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

If you're relying on the bible to figure this one out, well that's just sad.  I figured out a long time ago that interracial marriage is just fine.  All without looking at a bible.  Look I don't hate Christians, as a whole they are fine people (my parents are Christians).  However there certainly a few that use their religion to justify their overt racism.  Those are the ones I don't really like.
If a lot of Christians are marrying their own race, I think it has more to do with the simple fact that most people marry their own race regardless of their religion. Not what their faith teaches them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-06-2017, 10:39 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: If you're relying on the bible to figure this one out, well that's just sad.  I figured out a long time ago that interracial marriage is just fine.  All without looking at a bible.  Look I don't hate Christians, as a whole they are fine people (my parents are Christians).  However there certainly a few that use their religion to justify their overt racism.  Those are the ones I don't really like.

What you have to say means nothing especially right from the start you get a dig in on the Bible and Christianity. So I am going to ask nicely that you just leave the thread and not post. You can read and learn since I'm sure the discussion might turn to other theological debate, but being a jerk right from the start isn't cool.
(09-06-2017, 11:44 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What you have to say means nothing especially right from the start you get a dig in on the Bible and Christianity. So I am going to ask nicely that you just leave the thread and not post. You can read and learn since I'm sure the discussion might turn to other theological debate, but being a jerk right from the start isn't cool.

My apologies  I wasn't trying to be a jerk.  You telling me to "read and learn" I take offence to. Maybe you need to "read and learn".  Honestly I would embrace any theological discussion.  

I just think that it's common sense that interracial marriage is OK.  I didn't need the bible to tell me that.
(09-06-2017, 10:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If a lot of Christians are marrying their own race, I think it has more to do with the simple fact that most people marry their own race regardless of their religion. Not what their faith teaches them.

I pretty much agree with this.
(09-06-2017, 10:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If a lot of Christians are marrying their own race, I think it has more to do with the simple fact that most people marry their own race regardless of their religion. Not what their faith teaches them.

Yeah, I didn't know where he got that it was even a Christian thing. I mean, Puerto Rico's population is like 97% Christian, Haiti is like 96%, Poland is 94%, Micronesia is like 95%. Four countries with different vast majority ethnicity, all vast majority Christians.

Christianity is really a melting pot.

Wonder where this weird rant thread even came from.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Speaking of Christians, I saw this Trump Prayer Group page on facebook. So many people going on about having a man of god in the White House and prayer back.

I just don't understand how a family man who regularly went to church is the antichrist while a foul-mouthed adulterer who doesn't go to church is the man of god. I guess it's that whole trying to save a soul thing.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-07-2017, 08:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Speaking of Christians, I saw this Trump Prayer Group page on facebook. So many people going on about having a man of god in the White House and prayer back.

I just don't understand how a family man who regularly went to church is the antichrist while a foul-mouthed adulterer who doesn't go to church is the man of god. I guess it's that whole trying to save a soul thing.

Nice of you to stick up for George W Bush.
(09-07-2017, 09:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nice of you to stick up for George W Bush.

No doubt Bush was a good man also.  Whether I disagreed with him on issues or not.

I think he is a good person who made some bad decisions.

What's it like to just have so much hate that nothing good can be said about a Democrat?  Or maybe it's just a Obama?  Or maybe it's just a black democrat?

Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-07-2017, 09:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nice of you to stick up for George W Bush.

W is also a family man and regular church goer (I'm actually a big fan of who he is as a person, not politician, and have said so repeatedly) but Christians as a political bloc didn't decry him so your snark fails. 

(09-07-2017, 09:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: No doubt Bush was a good man also.  Whether I disagreed with him on issues or not.

What's it like to just have so much hate that nothing good can be said about a Democrat?  Or maybe it's just a Obama?  Or maybe it's just a black democrat?

Whatever

The name too

(09-07-2017, 09:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: No doubt Bush was a good man also.  Whether I disagreed with him on issues or not.

Whatever

Didn't obama go to the black church equivalent of the westboro Baptist church.

He was in an extreme church. Not quite he same.
(09-07-2017, 11:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Didn't obama go to the black church equivalent of the westboro Baptist church.  

He was in an extreme church.    Not quite he same.

I thought most of his opposition was screaming that he was Muslim? And demanding a birth certificate? So which is it, Christian or Muslim?

It's hard to keep up with the hyperbole.
(09-06-2017, 10:39 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: If you're relying on the bible to figure this one out, well that's just sad.  I figured out a long time ago that interracial marriage is just fine.  All without looking at a bible.  Look I don't hate Christians, as a whole they are fine people (my parents are Christians).  However there certainly a few that use their religion to justify their overt racism.  Those are the ones I don't really like.

I may be wrong but I feel you're looking at this thread the wrong way. It doesn't seem to me that Nebuchadnezzer started this thread to argue that you need the bible to figure out whether interaccial marriage is wrong.

Rather he is arguing about what the Bible says in terms of interracial marriage which I believe is a valid discussion as obviously people interpret scripure in different ways.
(09-07-2017, 12:43 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I may be wrong but I feel you're looking at this thread the wrong way. It doesn't seem to me that Nebuchadnezzer started this thread to argue that you need the bible to figure out whether interaccial marriage is wrong.

Rather he is arguing about what the Bible says in terms of interracial marriage which I believe is a valid discussion as obviously people interpret scripure in different ways.

That is precisely my point.  I don't need the bible to tell me that interracial marriage is ok.  I understand that his post is validating that interracial marriage is Ok according to the bible.  However if you (not meaning you personally) didn't realize this "ah ha" thought until after reading scripture...well that's just sad.  You can have positive morals despite not being Christian.

I guess I should say that my biggest complaint with religion is interpretation.
(09-07-2017, 01:07 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: That is precisely my point.  I don't need the bible to tell me that interracial marriage is ok.  I understand that his post is validating that interracial marriage is Ok according to the bible.  However if you (not meaning you personally) didn't realize this "ah ha" thought until after reading scripture...well that's just sad.  You can have positive morals despite not being Christian.

Religious interpretation has always been used to give some people dominion over other people.

It was used to promote slavery, block interracial marriage. block gay marriage (all of homosexuality actually), etc.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-07-2017, 01:07 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: That is precisely my point.  I don't need the bible to tell me that interracial marriage is ok.  I understand that his post is validating that interracial marriage is Ok according to the bible.  However if you (not meaning you personally) didn't realize this "ah ha" thought until after reading scripture...well that's just sad.  You can have positive morals despite not being Christian.

But you must understand that human morality is not exactly "Godly" morality, which is why people seek scripture for understanding or guidance because of their belief in God and his role as the ultimate authority. If God exists, then what anyone "feels" is "good" is irrelevant to whar is actually good in the sight of God.
(09-06-2017, 09:36 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: This is just one topic that annoys the crap out of me...Interracial Marriage.

Numbers 12

As far as I know, the vast majority of Christians aren't against interracial marriage anymore. Curious as to the reason behind this thread?
I don't know that many people care about it anymore.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall