Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look At Peter King's 180
(10-09-2015, 02:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Bengals got blown out by the Colts in the playoffs last winter, Jackson said he told Dalton: "We're gonna fix this. We don't want to be in this situation again. Whatever it takes to be the best, we're gonna do. But it has to start with you first. You've got to do more than you've ever done. You have to be at the forefront of everything we do. He knew I trusted him, because he hears it from me. But I asked him to be different. I thought he had to be different.”

I think Dalton has stepped up to the challenge and will take us to a Super Bowl before he retires... althought fans may complain during the ride to the superbowl.

A caller to Sirius' Movin' the Chains today mentioned he was worried about tomorrow as we started hot at 3-0 last season before the NE debacle, then got waxed by the Colts in the post-season and therefore was concerned.

Pat Kirwan's response was a reminder that we were a beat up shell of the team that started 3-0 due to the injuries, and as such that game in January shouldn't be considered any kind of a reflection of what the players or coaches can do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 03:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: In all fairness, teams makes the playoffs, not QBs. And Dalton has played very poorly in most of the big games and in all the playoff games. People were not incorrect in pointing this out. A QB can play really well and the team still lose, but that really hasn't been the case for Andy Dalton when it comes to the playoffs. The only defense for Dalton's past playoff performances is that the entire team played equally as poorly leading to questions about Marvin Lewis.

This weekend is a big game and we should have a better indication if the new Dalton is going to keep going. Currently I'm cautiously optimistic and will probably remain that way until we get to the playoffs.

Where people were obviously wrong is trying to put a ceiling on his ability to get better as if he was unable to improve his game after only 4 seasons in the league.  (Especially after a 4th year when we had major injuries and a coaching change.)  To them it was clear this team needed a new QB if the team ever wanted to win a playoff game or win a SB.  Well, it should be clear by now that isn't the case.

The fact that it looks like we will probably make the playoffs for a 5th time in a row shows there shouldn't be too much concern on your part about the QB position.  Teams with hopeless QBs typically don't do that.
Reply/Quote