Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you're hobbled and can't do anything, what do you do?
According to what I read yesterday from Lou, if your name is Joe Burrow, you start attending all the defensive meetings. I imagine this will help Joe be even more brilliant in being able to dissect what defenses are doing and get into their mindsets.
Reply/Quote
Counterpoint, perhaps he is in there assessing the weak spots he sees in our defense to help them shore things up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:13 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Counterpoint, perhaps he is in there assessing the weak spots he sees in our defense to help them shore things up.

Probably both
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:14 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Probably both

At least hopefully both!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:13 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Counterpoint, perhaps he is in there assessing the weak spots he sees in our defense to help them shore things up.

If we start noticing a sharp upturn in route diagnosis by our young secondary defenders, you just might be onto something.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: 51H1OnqJECL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: According to what I read yesterday from Lou, if your name is Joe Burrow, you start attending all the defensive meetings. I imagine this will help Joe be even more brilliant in being able to dissect what defenses are doing and get into their mindsets.

I read this about  Browning, that he was attending the defensive meetings. There was also an article on this on bengals.com.

https://www.bengals.com/news/game-within-the-game-why-bengals-dbs-are-among-jake-browning-s-biggest-fans
Reply/Quote
I usually just booze
Reply/Quote
This will help him be even more prepared for next season in case Browning
gets hurt and Burrow has to start some games…
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: I read this about  Browning, that he was attending the defensive meetings. There was also an article on this on bengals.com.

https://www.bengals.com/news/game-within-the-game-why-bengals-dbs-are-among-jake-browning-s-biggest-fans

Browning, now Burrow. On their days off. CULTURE!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: According to what I read yesterday from Lou, if your name is Joe Burrow, you start attending all the defensive meetings. I imagine this will help Joe be even more brilliant in being able to dissect what defenses are doing and get into their mindsets.

The one thing about Burrow, he is all about ball and all about the team. Dude is crazy smart and has been helping Browning as
much as he can as well, but the Defense needs a lot of help, especially the youth and reading Zones and the routes of the WR's 
so they can jump on some once in a while. We never jump routes anymore it seems with CTB out.

Hopefully this starts to change. Also I saw some better play from our DL and our LB's last game. BJ Hill, Reader and Hubbard 
played pretty great against the Jags. Pratt and Wilson still need to take better angles but they were tackling better too.
Reply/Quote
Most likely seeing which defenders could become the best olinemen.

Looking at you Jason Shirley
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 07:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The one thing about Burrow, he is all about ball and all about the team. Dude is crazy smart and has been helping Browning as
much as he can as well, but the Defense needs a lot of help, especially the youth and reading Zones and the routes of the WR's 
so they can jump on some once in a while. We never jump routes anymore it seems with CTB out.

Hopefully this starts to change. Also I saw some better play from our DL and our LB's last game. BJ Hill, Reader and Hubbard 
played pretty great against the Jags. Pratt and Wilson still need to take better angles but they were tackling better too.

That tends to happen, when the offense holds the ball and keeps it for a significant portion of game clock time.  Sure, the defense has taken a lot of fire this season, but how many times have they been out there 1.5 and even 2x the number of snaps that the offense held the ball?  Even good athletes get fatigued, and the lack of depth at some front 7 positions doesn't help.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

He was in the defensive meetings prior to the Jags game, so don't think it did anything yet lol. Seems like nothing will stop the explosive plays this year and will end their season.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 07:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely seeing which defenders could become the best olinemen.

Looking at you Jason Shirley

....has anyone ever seen Joe Burrow and Marvin Lewis in the same room together?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

(12-08-2023, 11:14 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Probably both

This impresses me. He don't have to do this, but it shows his desire to win and be the best that will ever be placed in Canton, and he's doing it as a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 10:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This impresses me. He don't have to do this, but it shows his desire to win and be the best that will ever be placed in Canton, and he's doing it as a Bengal.

We have a long, long, long way to go, to talk about canton. Even longer stretch to assume “the best that will ever be placed in canton”.

Carson Palmer has an iffy resume and is top 15 all time in yards, completions and touchdowns. One better would be Philip rivers, who is no lock to get in… he is top 7 ALL time in all of those categories.

Then you want to talk best ever, and I just can’t. Tom Brady has that locked up, probably for a long time. If anything, I am thinking that burrow may be more on the Brees career arc. Bad injury after year 4, comes back even better, high completion percentage, lots of yards. The team is always interesting, but bad defense is typical due to the nature of a high paid qb. Likely one Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote