Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you realize your own memory was wrong.
(12-04-2015, 01:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You dont have to remember it accurately... but if not it changes your reality.

Yep.

In my case I seriosuly doubt that I would forget being present for what this guy described happening.  It is much more likely that he was wrong about who was there than I would forget something like that.

But my reality is defined by my memory.
Reply/Quote
In my lin be of work I am exposed to a lot of information about how how people's memories can be flawed.

Not all witnesses are lying when they don't tell the truth on the stand. Sometimes they are just mistaken. Especially when it come to eye witness identification of an individual. Once a witness has positively identified a person from a photo or lineup then their brain inserts the person identified into the memory. The witness becomes certain of the identification even when it is wrong.
Reply/Quote
I remember that one night with Halle Berry very vividly. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
His memory:

BengalHawk62

His reality:

BengalHawk62
I remember that one night with my Halle Berry poster very vividly.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 07:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: His memory:

BengalHawk62

His reality:

BengalHawk62
He is thinking about that one night with Barry Hall.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 07:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: His memory:

BengalHawk62

His reality:

BengalHawk62

Did I say Halle Berry?  I'm sorry I meant Beaker's mom.    Pervert

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote