Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are You Watching Each Day Of The Draft?
(04-27-2021, 02:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I will watch the first 5-10 picks at home before following the rest of the draft online. Ain't nobody got time for how long they have drawn that shit out for.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yrw3h5ktt83o9hkpmx...y.gif&ct=g]

I like the suspense in the first few picks but, even then, it's like "take your thumb out of your ass and turn in the pick!"

Gets so boring was you get further and further down because some of the highlights after the picks in the first few rounds are good but then it's like they're just putting them up to waste time and try to keep the audience watching.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yrw3h5ktt83o9hkpmx...y.gif&ct=g]

I like the suspense in the first few picks but, even then, it's like "take your thumb out of your ass and turn in the pick!"

Gets so boring was you get further and further down because some of the highlights after the picks in the first few rounds are good but then it's like they're just putting them up to waste time and try to keep the audience watching.

Got to make your marketing and commercial money commitments somehow :/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
First 2 nights at home, then listening on 700wlw Saturday while leaving for vacation.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Camper season, gotta open the place at lake Erie. Leave Thursday at 6 PM, listen on SiriusXM on the way up and finish off the night in the hotel room with a couple cold ones. Friday, opening day, will have camper opened by 7 and pull out a TV for the deck for a cookout and some cold ones. Saturday, have some things to do but will watch from camper and then track on phone from there. I love having the draft and camper season start on the same weekend. Really enjoyable because it is the start of my summer home away from home and that will lead right into the next football season.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 09:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I periodically check the results, but I don't watch any of it. I don't understand the appeal.

its not for everyone..  One could easily just check on sunday who we drafted.

But watching how teams move up and down the draft board and seeing their strategys to improve their teams while learning about the young players joining the league is why i generally watch.

We pick 5   so our pick should be in the first 50 minutes to an hour.

But we could trade back or trade back in at the end of 1  (unlikely but it can happen)   Watchnig players you think can help your team fall to your selection the next round (then your team pick someone else....) is always fun too.

and watching the draft experts try to make excuses as to why one of their Favorites is falling.
Reply/Quote
I'll likely forget about it and check results later. i don't have cable so i can't watch it anyway.
Reply/Quote
Sadly, round 1 and round 2 viewing is super convenient since the Bengals pick comes much sooner than other teams. I'll comfortably watch from my couch on the big screen with good food and a drink. For the later rounds, I'll check in from time to time via my phone to see who was picked.

I fully admit I don't recognize most college players drafted outside of the top 10 to 15 picks so it's fun to read online info about who the Bengals grab in rounds 2-7.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 05:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And what will you be doing?

My Russian friend deals at Hard Rock in downtown Cincinnati...........

Meth, Smack, Weed?????? Hilarious

I'll probably have some chicken wings, beer, and watch from the living room. May watch it all or may turn it off after our pick. Thursday night, so not much else on. May take the tv out on the patio and watch it outside while having a cigar. A lot depends on the weather.
Reply/Quote
It's somewhat fun watching the later rounds of the draft where they have more goofy and gimmicky ways of announcing the pick. You also get to hear the announcers attempt to hype up players they have zero info on. OOOOOhhhhh man...Johnny Johnjohn Joey Shabbado out of Pottsville Barber College with the 754th pick? You get this kid in the right situation and coach him up...could be a sneaky good pick!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Sadly, round 1 and round 2 viewing is super convenient since the Bengals pick comes much sooner than other teams. I'll comfortably watch from my couch on the big screen with good food and a drink.  For the later rounds, I'll check in from time to time via my phone to see who was picked.

I fully admit I don't recognize most college players drafted outside of the top 10 to 15 picks so it's fun to read online info about who the Bengals grab in rounds 2-7.

thats part of the fun almost every draft pick has a video package... Unless its past round 3 and the bengals pick then its generally commerical. lol

then round 5-7 they are always 10 picks or so behind cause they are busy talking to someone
Reply/Quote
Home. Porterhouse steak and potato on the grill. Black bean and corn salsa and chips. Beer, maybe bourbon.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 09:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Camper season, gotta open the place at lake Erie.  Leave Thursday at 6 PM, listen on SiriusXM on the way up and finish off the night in the hotel room with a couple cold ones.  Friday, opening day, will have camper opened by 7 and pull out a TV for the deck for a cookout and some cold ones.   Saturday, have some things to do but will watch from camper and then track on phone from there.  I love having the draft and camper season start on the same weekend.  Really enjoyable because it is the start of my summer home away from home and that will lead right into the next football season.

Awesome draft plan. Plus, if they tick you off you can just outside and scream
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Meth, Smack, Weed?????? Hilarious

I'll probably have some chicken wings, beer, and watch from the living room. May watch it all or may turn it off after our pick. Thursday night, so not much else on. May take the tv out on the patio and watch it outside while having a cigar. A lot depends on the weather.

LOL..deals at Hard Rock..Rep!!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote