Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Things Stand-1st Depth Chart

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks. So odd seeing Joe Burrow not even listed on the depth chart. 
Reply/Quote
My boy Charlie Jones only has to beat out Trent Taylor to see the field as the 2nd slot. Love that. He's gonna be a weapon for us in 4 and 5 WR sets especially on long drives when defenses get tired from chasing the big 3 around. Little gym rat type who can run a 4.4 and crisp routes. Burrow gonna find him a lot.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
The Bengals first round pick is in the 3rd string column. Haven't seen a lot of that recently lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 03:28 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: My boy Charlie Jones only has to beat out Trent Taylor to see the field as the 2nd slot.  Love that.  He's gonna be a weapon for us in 4 and 5 WR sets especially on long drives when defenses get tired from chasing the big 3 around.  Little gym rat type who can run a 4.4 and crisp routes.  Burrow gonna find him a lot.

I think Charlie Jones will make the roster over Trent Taylor.  Trent Taylor can be put on the practice squad and you dont need to worry about some team taking him.  If you put your 4th round draft pick on your practice squad, there is a real possibility some other team is going to snag him even if just for depth as the season goes along and more injuries happen.
Reply/Quote
The first one is more of a Bengals seniority list that a depth chart. But at oeast it is a place to start.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 05:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The first one is more of a Bengals seniority list that a depth chart. But at oeast it is a place to start.

Yep. I didn't read through the whole list but what i did, i saw several draft picks being the caboose. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 05:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I didn't read through the whole list but what i did, i saw several draft picks being the caboose. 

I'm' getting a nervous vibe on Murphy...havent heard much buzz on him...and they extended Trey
I hope he shows us some edge sizzle in Preseason
Reply/Quote
solid team. Can't help but wonder if we'd be the odds on favorite to win it all had one or both of the safeties had stayed. Please be good new safeties...please be good
Reply/Quote
I got high hopes for this secondary
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 08:17 PM)bonesaw Wrote: solid team. Can't help but wonder if we'd be the odds on favorite to win it all had one or both of the safeties had stayed. Please be good new safeties...please be good

In the media’s eye Zac Taylor is not Andy Reid and Joe Burrow is not Patrick Mahomes. It’s that simple. We beat KC at home and in the playoffs we will be the favorite. Cincy has never won a SB. Until it happens it is what it is.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Tanner Hudson is making a lot of noise, from what I keep hearing from TC.
It wouldn't surprise me to see him claim the TE3 or even TE2 spot.
He's apparently so versatile, can block, and looks decent as a receiver (for a backup TE).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 08:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: In the media’s eye Zac Taylor is not Andy Reid and Joe Burrow is not Patrick Mahomes. It’s that simple. We beat KC at home and in the playoffs we will be the favorite. Cincy has never won a SB. Until it happens it is what it is.

I honestly don't think the bold is even true, as it's already happened and the Bengals were still being doubted in favor of the Chiefs.
It's really the last part of what you said...win a Super Bowl and then people will start favoring the Bengals truly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No real surprises here, nice to see Battle and Turner listed as 2nd team on the first chart.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly don't think the bold is even true, as it's already happened and the Bengals were still being doubted in favor of the Chiefs.
It's really the last part of what you said...win a Super Bowl and then people will start favoring the Bengals truly.

Exactly - win the Super Bowl and stuff will change.

As to the depth chart I wouldn't get broke up about anything just yet.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 03:28 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: My boy Charlie Jones only has to beat out Trent Taylor to see the field as the 2nd slot.  Love that.  He's gonna be a weapon for us in 4 and 5 WR sets especially on long drives when defenses get tired from chasing the big 3 around.  Little gym rat type who can run a 4.4 and crisp routes.  Burrow gonna find him a lot.

I think he makes the team but one concern I have is his lack of production ( except his breakout senior year.. He is same age as Higgins now so a bit of an unknown on his overall ability over time.  He will still need to show something in preseason and that he has a good grasp of playbook to jump taylor, his punter return ability could give him the add in the end. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 08:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: In the media’s eye Zac Taylor is not Andy Reid and Joe Burrow is not Patrick Mahomes. It’s that simple. We beat KC at home and in the playoffs we will be the favorite. Cincy has never won a SB. Until it happens it is what it is.

I don;t think it is just the media's eyes,, Reid is a future HOF coach and so is Mahomes as a player,  Taylor has a long way to go to be at Reid level, Burrow can get to that discussion soon especially with a SB championship but for now no team has a better proven combo of HC and QB than Reid and Mahomes.. and that is stats and fans view not Media. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 12:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think he makes the team but one concern I have is his lack of production ( except his breakout senior year.. He is same age as Higgins now so a bit of an unknown on his overall ability over time.  He will still need to show something in preseason and that he has a good grasp of playbook to jump taylor, his punter return ability could give him the add in the end. 

This is why Charlie Jones had only one year of production. These are the ranks for Iowa's offense (before transferring to Purdue). They were close to the worst in all of college football. 

Year Iowa points per game National Rank
2017 28.2 66
2018 31.2 43
2019 25.8 t-88
2020 31.8 40
2021 23.4 99
2022 7.0 131
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 12:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think he makes the team but one concern I have is his lack of production ( except his breakout senior year.. He is same age as Higgins now so a bit of an unknown on his overall ability over time.  He will still need to show something in preseason and that he has a good grasp of playbook to jump taylor, his punter return ability could give him the add in the end. 

Charlie Jones is a lock to ,make this team...

Not sure what some of you folks have been reading?

Jones and Irwin are both on the 53, and for common sense reasons.  Jonah is definitely the starting RT and Mike Thomas was released last year....  

Reply/Quote
After reading some Charlie Jones comments, I need education on this one.....

In my mind, you have WR1, WR2, WR3, then a whole pool of backups in order...not specific to any WR position.

Why wouldn't Tee Higgins be listed as #2 on the WR1? Is he just not allowed to play WR1?

With Charlie Jones being #3 on WR3, does that imply Isoivas, Morgan, Jackson, and Carter are all better?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote