Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Things Stand-1st Depth Chart
(08-08-2023, 12:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t think it is just the media's eyes,, Reid is a future HOF coach and so is Mahomes as a player,  Taylor has a long way to go to be at Reid level, Burrow can get to that discussion soon especially with a SB championship but for now no team has a better proven combo of HC and QB than Reid and Mahomes.. and that is stats and fans view not Media. 

I’d agree it’s not just the media. And IT’s understandable
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 01:32 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: This is why Charlie Jones had only one year of production. These are the ranks for Iowa's offense (before transferring to Purdue). They were close to the worst in all of college football. 

Year Iowa points per game National Rank
2017 28.2 66
2018 31.2 43
2019 25.8 t-88
2020 31.8 40
2021 23.4 99
2022 7.0 131

still is production was just horrible with Iowa even with them being weak.. he had a breakout year yes with Purdue and i feel he will make the team but his age and lack of production overall in his college career brings a bit of question is all.. and we also know how pre season practice is in modern NFL.. really have to wait to Friday to start to see where these players are on the NFL level. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 03:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: still is production was just horrible with Iowa even with them being weak.. he had a breakout year yes with Purdue and i feel he will make the team but his age and lack of production overall in his college career brings a bit of question is all.. and we also know how pre season practice is in modern NFL.. really have to wait to Friday to start to see where these players are on the NFL level. 

You can't just say "still" and disregard the reason. His production was horrible because the Iowa passing game was horrible. Look what Hendon Hooker became when he got good coaching. Lots of players transfer and then get better production due to much better coaching and surrounding players. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly don't think the bold is even true, as it's already happened and the Bengals were still being doubted in favor of the Chiefs.
It's really the last part of what you said...win a Super Bowl and then people will start favoring the Bengals truly.

I think we need to make the SB. Winning it seals it for sure. But if we win 2 this year from KC and puts us in the SB we will be the favorite in ‘24 unless we lose key components
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 04:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think we need to make the SB. Winning it seals it for sure. But if we win 2 this year from KC and puts us in the SB we will be the favorite in ‘24 unless we lose key components
I'm sorry, but just getting to the Super Bowl will not change many peoples' minds that the Bengals are the favorite.
The Chiefs have been in three of four Super Bowls since 2019, winning two of them.
About the only way most people will put Bengals as favorites over Chiefs will be if Mahomes and/or Reid leaves the team, and/or if the Bengals actually win a Super Bowl themselves.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm sorry, but just getting to the Super Bowl will not change many peoples' minds that the Bengals are the favorite.
The Chiefs have been in three of four Super Bowls since 2019, winning two of them.
About the only way most people will put Bengals as favorites over Chiefs will be if Mahomes and/or Reid leaves the team, and/or if the Bengals actually win a Super Bowl themselves.

Gonna disagree. That scenario would mean advancing farther than KC 2 of the last 3 years. Oh of course not everybody will recognize them but the media will.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 04:25 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: You can't just say "still" and disregard the reason. His production was horrible because the Iowa passing game was horrible. Look what Hendon Hooker became when he got good coaching. Lots of players transfer and then get better production due to much better coaching and surrounding players. 

I agree Iowa was not a throwing team but he had a total of 21 catches in three years until his  a breakout senior year which I did state but im not sold just one 1 year that a total lock to make roster. I still believe he makes the team  and will rest easier once i see some production in the preseason..
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 09:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree Iowa was not a throwing team but he had a total of 21 catches in three years until his  a breakout senior year which I did state but im not sold just one 1 year that a total lock to make roster.  I still believe he makes the team  and will rest easier once i see some production in the preseason..

4th round picks rarely get cut or put on the practice squid.  Only the guys that are complete zeroes have that happen.

Jones is a lock, not only based on where he was drafted, but on his work so far in camp,
Reply/Quote
The punter spot is funny. I expect the next depth chart will list Robbins as the starter.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 05:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The first one is more of a Bengals seniority list that a depth chart. But at oeast it is a place to start.

Yes, expecting some rookies to fly up the depth chart as we get closer to the season. MM, DJ Turner, Charlie Jones, Chase Brown, Ivey etc.

Murphy is still behind Ossai but he can play either side and be a 3-tech in pass rushing situations on 3rd and long. DJ Turner has been getting
like a pick every day of camp for heck sake. Chuck Sizzle only has Trent Taylor in front of him. Chase Brown has Mixon who will probably be 
suspended at least 3 games, a banged up Trayveon Williams and a seldom used Chris Evans in front of him. Ivey sounds like at the very least
he will be a stud ST'er with his length, speed and aggression.

Ivey has surprised me the most as a rookie in a great way.

Kirkland I also see making a push for a backup Guard spot. Scharping showing he can play Center is huge. Also like Ben Brown.

Iosivas will make the team and maybe even get some snaps on some deep passes the way he is playing.
Reply/Quote
FWIW, last year's initial 53 after our cuts. We picked up some guys before final roster was due (Scharping, Tufele, etc).

QB (2): Burrow; Allen
RB (4): Mixon; Perine, Evans, T. Williams
WR (5): Chase, Higgins, Boyd; Taylor, Morgan
TE (3): Hurst; D. Sample, Wilcox
OT (4): J. Williams, Collins; Prince, Smith
OG (4): Cappa, Volson; Carman, Adeniji
C (2): Karras; T. Hill
-----------
DE (6): Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, Kareem, C. Sample, Gunter
NT/DT (4): Reader, BJ Hill; Tupou, Carter
LB (4): Wilson, Pratt; ADG, Johnston
CB (7): Awuzie, Apple, Hilton; CTB, Flowers, Davis, George
S (5): Bell, Bates; D. Hill, M. Thomas, Anderson
--------
PK: McPherson
P: Huber
LS: Harris

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/bengals-blog/2022/08/30/tracking-cincinnati-bengals-53-man-roster-cuts-on-cutdown-day/65463602007/

By week 1, we had added Mike Thomas (WR), Asiasi, Scharping, Tufele, and Bailey.

We cut/IR'd Prince, Kareem, CTB, George, & Anderson.

QB: 2
RB: 4
WR: 6
TE: 4
OL:10
--------
DL: 10
LB: 5
CB: 5
S: 4
--------
PK: 1