Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Was Mixon on the Last Drive ?
(02-14-2022, 11:08 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I was hoping for a Chase Jet sweep on those 3rd & short downs. 

A jet sweep requires an athletic offensive line who can pull and block. Unfortunately we don’t have one of those.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A jet sweep requires an athletic offensive line who can pull and block.  Unfortunately we don’t have one of those.

It does but they've ran that play this year for success, even in the playoffs. Sometimes a team has to run a particular play here and there, take it on the chin, just to make the opponent play honest and to give them something to think about for later on in the game.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A jet sweep requires an athletic offensive line who can pull and block.  Unfortunately we don’t have one of those.

It worked before, and that was because Chase was already in motion (easier to hit full speed sooner than from a still position) and it relied more on his speed than blocking. It's only 1 yard they needed, he could have gotten a couple on the upturn.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:29 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We need that powerback, someone who is a definite 2 yards most of the time. But we also need an oline.

If we had an OLine, we'd probably get that sorta job done with Mixon. But certainly wouldn't hurt to have a real bruising back instead of Perine (I don't mind Perine btw).
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:40 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: If we had an OLine, we'd probably get that sorta job done with Mixon. But certainly wouldn't hurt to have a real bruising back instead of Perine (I don't mind Perine btw).

Is there a Corey Dillon-sized RB FA available? Just someone to soften up the defense and make the OLine's job easier.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:56 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Is there a Corey Dillon-sized RB FA available? Just someone to soften up the defense and make the OLine's job easier.

I say draft the biggest, fattest man you can in the 7th round and teach him to carry a football.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:35 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: I mean, if Mixon gets stuffed it would be "We telegraphed the run by deviating from our 3rd down back".

I just don't understand why they didn't go for a quick pass on both plays. get the 1st, but easy to say in hindsight.

While you're at it, let's count the 2nd and 1 throwaway that they tried when the OL was being beaten play after play.  That play looked like it was a one designed depending on decent pass protection as it was slow developing.

On 3rd down, Samaje shuffled his feet and is just too slow hitting the hole I think.  Donald was able to grab him with 1 arm and make the tackle.  Mixon was the #3 in yards this year.  Perine was #82.  It's not quite a Marshawn Lynch situation, but that's who came to mind as I waited for the upcoming 4th down debacle, which looked like Perine was slow to react to Burrow trying to get him the ball.

Take Mixon out of the game for both 3rd and 4th down?  Just a little hard to believe that's all.  Mixon's blocking must suck so bad that he gets completely yanked out of the last chance drive of the game.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:17 AM)Science Friction Wrote: If you can't trust your $12 million dollar RB to be in the game on the last drive of the game in the Superbowl, then why have him at all?

What was up with that?   Perine on 3rd and 1?    Folks, where was Joe?

Yes, Mixon is our main back, but Perine is just as capable. Mixon gets stuffed a lot at the line of scrimmage or behind too, the reason Perine was stopped was the Donald himself, making the tackle with one arm while engaging Prince I think (what a beast). The real question is.. why run by Donald? Guy was on fire towards the end of the game. Perine or Mixon, it would have been the same result I think.
Reply/Quote
I know I probably don't know football like most of you or certainly the coaches do, but I think I would have rather seen Chris Evans than Perine.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: While you're at it, let's count the 2nd and 1 throwaway that they tried when the OL was being beaten play after play.  That play looked like it was a one designed depending on decent pass protection as it was slow developing.

On 3rd down, Samaje shuffled his feet and is just too slow hitting the hole I think.  Donald was able to grab him with 1 arm and make the tackle.  Mixon was the #3 in yards this year.  Perine was #82.  It's not quite a Marshawn Lynch situation, but that's who came to mind as I waited for the upcoming 4th down debacle, which looked like Perine was slow to react to Burrow trying to get him the ball.

Take Mixon out of the game for both 3rd and 4th down?  Just a little hard to believe that's all.  Mixon's blocking must suck so bad that he gets completely yanked out of the last chance drive of the game.

I agree. despite me understanding why they would not want to deviate from their usual personnel, I would rather lose with our best players out there than not give them the opportunity to win us the game.

You have to find a way to get that ball in the hands of your playmakers.
Reply/Quote
The Rams couldn't run and needed a yard and gave it to Kupp on a Jet Sweep.
Reply/Quote