Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance?
Hue's now 1-23 as the Brown's HC and they are going into the bye. Looks like we might be able to bring him back into the fold,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This team needs a coach from outside. We need a change of scenery I would keep our coordinators but we need an outside head coach. I want Jon Gruden, that is the kind of fire this team needs to motivate this whole team..the players have seen Gunther and Simmons..its time for something new, but if I had to choose between Geunther and Simmons is say Simmons because I see him getting in players ass.
Reply/Quote
I'm not quite as sold on Lazor after this game. Hard to fault him or anyone other than this line and Ivory Tickler though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The second best thing that could happen is to replace every coach on the team. The actual best thing that could happen won't happen (Brown and his family sell the team and cut all ties with the organization).
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not quite as sold on Lazor after this game. Hard to fault him or anyone other than this line and Ivory Tickler though.

I know how you feel, but you gotta remember, he's not truly running "his" offense. I fully believe he's using Zampese's offense and just tweaking what he can where he can. I think if he had a whole offseason to install his own offense, things might be different, probably even better. He'd probably have more plays to use to mask his offensive line deficiencies. Maybe have better audibles to take advantage of Dalton's pre-snap defensive reading, too. 

The line would still suck, but Lazor would probably do a better job of covering for it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2017, 05:44 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If they hire in-house- which they should not- Lazor would be the best pick because he is really a new guy with a new perspective.

Forest Gregg was the best coach in the history of the franchise and he came from the outside. That team was tough mentally and physically and Gregg held people accountable.

They need an outside hire who does not accept anything short of excellence and with a winning pedigree like Gregg ( who played for Lombardi and won several championships)

Sam Wyche
Bill Walsh
Paul Brown

All better than Gregg. If you're going on simply guys that were HCs and nothing else, take out Walsh.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2017, 03:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Guenther deserves it, but my opinion is that we need an offensive minded coach after all these years of Marvin.

Doesn't matter.

Marvin was a defensive coach and we built our team on offense back when he got here.

We just need the right coordinator.  To me, it's more important than the head coach.
Reply/Quote
The only option from within is Lazor if this happens I hope they let him add some downfield plays. They don't have to be 40 yard bombs but some 15 to 20 yard routes would be nice and free Andy thinking up to push the ball downfield a little more. And trying to hit a guy running down the sideline 50 yards downfield is killing us they are running up the sideline like on a tightrope any little step or shove and they are out of bounds or if the pass is not perfect its out of bounds. The WR can not adjust to the ball if its out of bounds. Put some post routes and let the guys run more towards the center of the field 5 yards or so from the sideline so every pass does not need to be perfect and the WR can adjust to the ball. They don't have to completely redo the play book but our downfield stuff is pretty bad. I know the oline is a big problem with giving Andy time to throw it deep but these was issues before the line was stinking it up.

Get an offensive minded coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 11:01 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I know how you feel, but you gotta remember, he's not truly running "his" offense. I fully believe he's using Zampese's offense and just tweaking what he can where he can. I think if he had a whole offseason to install his own offense, things might be different, probably even better. He'd probably have more plays to use to mask his offensive line deficiencies. Maybe have better audibles to take advantage of Dalton's pre-snap defensive reading, too. 

The line would still suck, but Lazor would probably do a better job of covering for it.

I think this is still Grudens Offensive play book for the most part Hue and Zamp most likely added wrinkles here and there. But for the most part I think they are keeping the same playbook so Andy does not need to learn a new offense from scratch. If we still roll with this same oline next year I will throw a fit some of these oline guys are just terrible no vision at all no smarts at all zero football IQ no awareness. That is pretty bad when all you got to do is block and you leave gaping holes cause two guys decide to block one guy and let guys run free to the QB. Defensive linemen running stunts are not new to the league but we cant seem to block a stunt at all. A new oline coach might fix it but I think we need a few new linemen as well.
Reply/Quote
Promote Paul Alexander to the unemployment line. I've had enough.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote