• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where We Are and Best Case Scenario
This is what we have right now

27 on O
QB Burrow, Finley, Shurmur
RB Mixon, Gio, Trayveon, Patrick
WR Boyd, Higgins, Tate, Morgan, Irwin, Washington
TE Sample, Uzi, Schreck
OL Jonah, Adeniji, Price, X, Fred, Hopkins, Hart, MJ, Prince, Finney, Sutherland

19 on D
DT Geno, Reader, Tupou, Wren
DE Hubbard, Kareem, Akinmoladun
LB Pratt, Wilson, ADG, Bailey, Jones
CB Waynes, Phillips, Lewis, Rose
S Bates, Bell, Henderson

ST
Godsil
Seibert

48 on the roster 43 mil in cap space if the cap is 185 mil plus our rollover

ERFAs roughly 800k each
DE Bledsoe
DT Mckenzie
TE Wilcox

40.6 mil left

cut hart, x, and finney to save around 12 mil.

52.6 mil to spend and a ton of holes to fill

15.3 mil per to Thuney
8.3 for Havenstein after trading for him. Trade our 5th and Fred Johnson for Havenstein. Apparently he may be available. Rams need to shed cap along with a lot of other teams. Draft picks should be valuable this year.
9 mil per for a Lawson contract
9 mil per for a Mackensie Alexander contract

Those figures are all based on spotrac numbers and sportrac's projected free agent values. 11 mil left 52 players on the roster.

Trade back with Washington in the first to start things off. Get their 1, 2, and 3. #'s 19, 51, 74. This deal is actually in their favor on the trade value chart. We should get something thrown in for next year too.

1- Liam Eichenberg OL Notre Dame - 6'6" 302lbs - Backup plan for Jonah at LT but I'm plugging him in at RG. He is the best offensive linemen from arguably the very best offensive line in the country. We are in the market for good offensive linemen. It was really hard to not go with Jackson Carman here.

2- Joseph Ossai - EDGE/LB Texas - 6'4" 253lbs - We are unsettled at LB and we are unsettled at DE. He could do either. I just want to find a way to get this guy on the field because he is going to be an impact player.

2- Landon Dickerson - OL Alabama - 6'6" 325lbs - Our new starting C if he is ready to go. Recovery from a torn ACL is the only reason he falls to this pick. Best offensive linemen (I think he is better than Leatherwood) from one of the very best offensive lines in the country.

3- Paulson Adebo - CB Stanford - 6'1" 190 - It would be a gift to get him in the 3rd. Had he played this year and performed well he would be in the 1st round discussion. He opted out. We benefit.

3- Tommy Togiai - DL Ohio State - 6'2" 300lbs - Geno insurance. Our next great undersized freaky strong DT possibly. Not a finished product, he came out early. In a couple years this could end up being considered stealing drafting him at this juncture.

4- Amari Rodgers - WR Clemson - 5'9" 211lbs - He is a weapon. Same recruiting class as Tee Higgins. Clemson has been producing solid WRs lately. Amari contributed to 4 straight BCS playoff teams right? Son of Tee Martin National Champ who played with Peyton Manning and Jamal Lewis in college, and became the Ravens WR coach this year. I always go back to Amari when I am looking for a mid round WR to plug in to a mock. I hope he falls through the cracks for our sake.

5- traded for Havenstein

6- Daelin Hayes - DE Notre Dame - 6'3" 261lbs - I thought he looked great at the Senior Bowl. Then you watch ND vs Clem and ND vs Bama at the end of the year and he is barely on the field, but he looks good when he is. Makes me feel he was under used but idk the whole story. Shoulder injury cut short his 2019 and made him stay for a 5th year. Team captain grad student.

7- James Wiggins - S Cincinnati - 6' 205lbs - Wore #1 and started for one of the best secondaries in college football this year. Made Bruce Feldman's Freaks List multiple times, he very well could be the most athletic safety in the draft, idk haven't done much safety research. Had a great 2018. Missed 2019 with an ACL. Would love to keep this guy in town.

7- Simi Fehoko - WR Stanford - 6'4" 227lbs - Declared for the draft after his redshirt sophomore season. 2019 12 games 24 catches for 566 yards and 6 TDs. 2020 6 games 37 catches for 574 yards and 3 TDs with a first team All Pac 12 Selection. He has great production in his abbreviated college career. Might be the year we finally hit on a 7th round WR again.

53 Man guesstimate

QB Burrow, Finley
RB Mixon, Gio, Trayveon,
WR Boyd, Higgins, Tate, Rodgers, Fehoko, Morgan
TE Sample, Uzi, Shrek, Wilcox
OL Jonah, Thuney, Dickerson, Eichenberg, Havenstein, Hopkins, Price, MJ, Adeniji

DT Reader, Atkins, Togiai, Mckenzie, Wren
DE Lawson, Hubbard, Ossai, Kareem, Hayes, Bledsoe
LB Pratt, ADG, Wilson, Baliey, Jones
CB Waynes, Alexander, Phillips, Adebo, Lewis
S JB3, Bell, Wiggins, Henderson
Reply/Quote
First and foremost I think the trade back with Washington is an incredible idea as I’ve done it before. I think it’s the best spot to load up on picks and still be able to land a top tackle in round 1 while also adding a couple more picks Ehhhh not a huge fan of Havenstein so losing a draft pick and cap to a player I don’t like is a bad taste for me. Only reason I’m ok with it is cuz we have hart which is quite dubious. Also all day I’m going Ronnie Perkins in the second all day before the kid from Texas... also I’ve seen Basham jr available early in the second as well so I’m def taking him wayyyyyyyy before joseph as well. also Perkins is the Only player to score above 90 in pass rush and run stop. Plus has the size and athletic ability to never come off the field playing stand up linebacker as well. I like Milton Williams over tommy in the 3rd he’s supremely stout but also provides that pass rush element that geno has plus he can move up n down the line.
Love Liam tho and adebo. Adebo I’m a huge fan of. Amari Rogers to me is just a draft pick I don’t think Rogers does anything in this league.
It’s good work just giving my honest opinion on personnel.
Thanks brother
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 4- Amari Rodgers - WR Clemson - 5'9" 211lbs - He is a weapon. Same recruiting class as Tee Higgins. Clemson has been producing solid WRs lately. Amari contributed to 4 straight BCS playoff teams right? Son of Tee Martin National Champ who played with Peyton Manning and Jamal Lewis in college, and became the Ravens WR coach this year. I always go back to Amari when I am looking for a mid round WR to plug in to a mock. I hope he falls through the cracks for our sake.

Absolutely love the pick and he is the type of weapon people keep saying we need. Also, a great spot to go WR as we can use the front of the draft to load up on starters that need to be replaced, and add in a 3rd WR later who will develop.

Rodgers is going to be a special weapon at the next level and having watched all the Clemson games this season, I have no clue why he isn't getting the attention as a higher round pick.

Runs a 4.4 40 yard dash and doesn't drop many passes.

In 130 targets he had 4 drops.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well done. I can tell that you put a bit of thought into that scenario. 19 might be perceived as a bit early for Eichenburg, but if the Bengals see him as a good fit, so be it. Hard to make a case against any of your other first 6 picks, as I see them all as really good prospects. Love the 7th round pick on the WR.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 11:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well done. I can tell that you put a bit of thought into that scenario. 19 might be perceived as a bit early for Eichenburg, but if the Bengals see him as a good fit, so be it. Hard to make a case against any of your other first 6 picks, as I see them all as really good prospects. Love the 7th round pick on the WR.

I thought about switching Ossai to the first and Eichenberg to the 2nd. Hard to say who teams will value more.

Need to do another already. This was a draft I was procrastinating on and stuff started happening like Harris resigning and Finley getting cut. Had to get it out before it was outdated already
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:38 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: First and foremost I think the trade back with Washington is an incredible idea as I’ve done it before. I think it’s the best spot to load up on picks and still be able to land a top tackle in round 1 while also adding a couple more picks Ehhhh not a huge fan of Havenstein so losing a draft pick and cap to a player I don’t like is a bad taste for me. Only reason I’m ok with it is cuz we have hart which is quite dubious. Also all day I’m going Ronnie Perkins in the second all day before the kid from Texas... also I’ve seen Basham jr available early in the second as well so I’m def taking him wayyyyyyyy before joseph as well. also Perkins is the Only player to score above 90 in pass rush and run stop. Plus has the size and athletic ability to never come off the field playing stand up linebacker as well. I like Milton Williams over tommy in the 3rd he’s supremely stout but also provides that pass rush element that geno has plus he can move up n down the line.
Love Liam tho and adebo. Adebo I’m a huge fan of. Amari Rogers to me is just a draft pick I don’t think Rogers does anything in this league.
It’s good work just giving my honest opinion on personnel.
Thanks brother

I haven’t looked at Perkins much. At first glance I still like Ossai better. He is longer and probably the better athlete of the two.

I was all aboard the Basham bandwagon until I was watching some of his games. I still like him just not as much. His play recognition and biting on fakes put images of Lamar Jackson dancing to the endzone in my head.

Amari isn’t the prototype WR that’s for sure. I think he is the perfect fit here though. He played with Tee and his Dad is named Tee. Wtf? His dad is also now the WR coach of the Ravens. I think it would be a great rivalry and a lot of motivation for Jr getting to play twice a year against the team his dad coaches for.

I’ll have to take a look at Milton and closer look at Perkins. I see Jeremiah has him going in the first. But I think he also has the LB from mizzou going in the first. I sure hope he does because I don’t want anything to do with that guy. Looks like another Malik jerfferson IMO
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 04:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely love the pick and he is the type of weapon people keep saying we need. Also, a great spot to go WR as we can use the front of the draft to load up on starters that need to be replaced, and add in a 3rd WR later who will develop.

Rodgers is going to be a special weapon at the next level and having watched all the Clemson games this season, I have no clue why he isn't getting the attention as a higher round pick.

I think double dipping at WR on day 3 solves our depth issue and it is supposedly a deep WR class so there is talent to be had. Plus Joe is going to make a good WR look great.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 04:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely love the pick and he is the type of weapon people keep saying we need. Also, a great spot to go WR as we can use the front of the draft to load up on starters that need to be replaced, and add in a 3rd WR later who will develop.

He's undersized, not very shifty, not great in and out of his breaks, and has torn an ACL in college.  That's why he's down the draft boards.

I think he's a good overall prospect.  Problem is, he's primarily been a slot WR in college, so he's not a good option for a team that's paying it's slot WR $11 mil a year and desperately needs an outside receiver, which he doesn't project to.   You can use him outside some, but he's not the full time outside WR we need.
Reply/Quote
Can't really get behind this one. After getting a couple of great OL adds through FA/trades, we trade down, reach for a T that we're going to have switch sides and learn a new position as a rookie and spend the extra 2nd we get on an injury riddled C. Ossai is a kind of jack of all trades, master of none and I'd really like to see more of a pure edge rusher.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 04:38 AM)Whatever Wrote: He's undersized, not very shifty, not great in and out of his breaks, and has torn an ACL in college.  That's why he's down the draft boards.

I think he's a good overall prospect.  Problem is, he's primarily been a slot WR in college, so he's not a good option for a team that's paying it's slot WR $11 mil a year and desperately needs an outside receiver, which he doesn't project to.   You can use him outside some, but he's not the full time outside WR we need.

People said the exact same thing about Antonio Brown.

Undersized or not, I watched every Clemson game and the kid is a Pro-ready weapon.

They used him in the slot, but that doesn't mean he has to stay there, plus with the way the team lines up anymore with the bunch formation and the empty sets, it really isn't about slot or x or y, it's about a guy that can just get open and make plays and in that aspect, Rodgers can absolutely do it and wouldn't force us to waste an early round pick on a Chase or Pitts.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 07:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: People said the exact same thing about Antonio Brown.

Undersized or not, I watched every Clemson game and the kid is a Pro-ready weapon.

They used him in the slot, but that doesn't mean he has to stay there, plus with the way the team lines up anymore with the bunch formation and the empty sets, it really isn't about slot or x or y, it's about a guy that can just get open and make plays and in that aspect, Rodgers can absolutely do it and wouldn't force us to waste an early round pick on a Chase or Pitts.

People said the same thing about Mario Alford, too.  I don't think you really want to get into a comparison of Day 3 undersized WR busts vs success stories.

If he's a pro ready weapon, why Is he being evaluated as a Day 3 pick?  Because he doesn't run a full route tree, either.  How can you predict he's going to be able to move outside if he can't run a full route tree, yet?  Even in bunch formations and empty sets, there are still outside WR's.  Hoping a Day 3 pick can change roles and be immediately productive is not a formula for success.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 08:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: People said the same thing about Mario Alford, too.  I don't think you really want to get into a comparison of Day 3 undersized WR busts vs success stories.

If he's a pro ready weapon, why Is he being evaluated as a Day 3 pick?  Because he doesn't run a full route tree, either.  How can you predict he's going to be able to move outside if he can't run a full route tree, yet?  Even in bunch formations and empty sets, there are still outside WR's.  Hoping a Day 3 pick can change roles and be immediately productive is not a formula for success.

Why if we are still so in love with a tiny fast guy in a big mans game are we not just gonna resign John Ross. Guys the fastest ever in the nfl and has def shown the ability to play in the league....I know the guy has a bunch of question marks in regards to health wanting to be here etc but y not if small and fast is what we want just resign Ross if u can and I know that’s a big if but I def don’t buy into all the Amari Rogers hype at all and I think there’s a much bigger if on a day 3 tiny little guy like Rogers than the if in regards to Ross wanting to play here and him getting on the field. I’d much rather take my chances on a talent like Ross than the completely unknown in A day 3 pick like Rogers. Just saying.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 09:02 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Why if we are still so in love with a tiny fast guy in a big mans game are we not just gonna resign John Ross.  Guys the fastest ever in the nfl and has def shown the ability to play in the league....I know the guy has a bunch of question marks in regards to health wanting to be here etc but y not if small and fast is what we want just resign Ross if u can and I know that’s a big if but I def don’t buy into all the Amari Rogers hype at all and I think there’s a much bigger if on a day 3 tiny little guy like Rogers than the if in regards to Ross wanting to play here and him getting on the field.  I’d much rather take my chances on a talent like Ross than the completely unknown in A day 3 pick like Rogers.  Just saying.

Because I'd much rather have a Elijah Moore or Jaelon Darden or a Tylan Wallace or a Dyami Brown.....you know guys who actually produced and stayed healthy  unlike Ross in college or the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Beautiful Mock is all I can say. Love all the picks and love the FA in getting Thuney and Havenstein.

I would bring back Spain though, cut Geno and bring in Sheldon Rankins.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 11:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Beautiful Mock is all I can say. Love all the picks and love the FA in getting Thuney and Havenstein.

I would bring back Spain though, cut Geno and bring in Sheldon Rankins.

Yea I kind of left it open ended. There was still about 11mil left but that was before resigning Harris and whatever the rookies would cost. and then there are other high priced vets who could get the axe like Geno Gio and Uzi which would open up a bunch more options
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 08:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: People said the same thing about Mario Alford, too.  I don't think you really want to get into a comparison of Day 3 undersized WR busts vs success stories.

I'll just leave this here.....

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-have-met-clemson-receiver-amari-rodgers-multiple-times

A team that is better at NFL talent evaluator then you or anyone else on this board is meeting with him several times.... so let's just go ahead and say that if the hoodie sees something in him, then the rest of the league should probably take notice. Unless of course you believe you know more then the most successful NFL coach in recent history. Whatever

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 09:02 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Why if we are still so in love with a tiny fast guy in a big mans game are we not just gonna resign John Ross.  Guys the fastest ever in the nfl and has def shown the ability to play in the league....I know the guy has a bunch of question marks in regards to health wanting to be here etc but y not if small and fast is what we want just resign Ross if u can and I know that’s a big if but I def don’t buy into all the Amari Rogers hype at all and I think there’s a much bigger if on a day 3 tiny little guy like Rogers than the if in regards to Ross wanting to play here and him getting on the field.  I’d much rather take my chances on a talent like Ross than the completely unknown in A day 3 pick like Rogers.  Just saying.

Because John Ross can't catch and can't stay healthy.

This guy, does both.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 03:10 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'll just leave this here.....

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-have-met-clemson-receiver-amari-rodgers-multiple-times

A team that is better at NFL talent evaluator then you or anyone else on this board is meeting with him several times.... so let's just go ahead and say that if the hoodie sees something in him, then the rest of the league should probably take notice. Unless of course you believe you know more then the most successful NFL coach in recent history. Whatever

Edelman is 35 and in a contract year, so it makes sense to look at slot WR's that they can develop behind him for a year.  We aren't in the market for a developmental slot WR because Boyd is in his 20's and has several years left on his deal.

Just because the Pats are meeting with him doesn't mean he will be able to move outside or be an immediate contributer, either.  Teams meet with Day 3 prospects all the time.  It doesn't mean they think they are immediate starters or even that they are going to draft them.  Oftentimes, when teams have multiple meetings with a prospect, it's because they have interest, but have a number of questions they need to get answered.  
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 11:18 AM)Whatever Wrote: Edelman is 35 and in a contract year, so it makes sense to look at slot WR's that they can develop behind him for a year.  We aren't in the market for a developmental slot WR because Boyd is in his 20's and has several years left on his deal.

Just because the Pats are meeting with him doesn't mean he will be able to move outside or be an immediate contributer, either.  Teams meet with Day 3 prospects all the time.  It doesn't mean they think they are immediate starters or even that they are going to draft them.  Oftentimes, when teams have multiple meetings with a prospect, it's because they have interest, but have a number of questions they need to get answered.  

All this talk about Boyd in the slot... so, where did Boyd line up when A.J. missed the entire year? Wait... he lined up outside....

Higgins, lines up... yup outside.

I love how people like you keep moving the goalposts on discussions about needs. The statement is the team needs a WR that can stretch the field and make defenses respect the deep ball so we have to draft Chase at 5. Meanwhile, there is guys in round 2, 3, and 4 that can come in and...stretch the field and make a defense respect them.... but now they have to be none developmental, and not slot only outside and... yawn... 

Every single draft pick is a developmental guy. They haven't played in the NFL...so they have to develop and adjust. Just because you have your mind set that Chase is the only way to go at 5, doesn't mean that a late round WR wouldn't actually fix the problems we have. The mock draft that NATI posted would actually be an amazing outcome for this team even though it doesn't include your preferred guy.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 09:15 PM)pulses Wrote: Because I'd much rather have a Elijah Moore or Jaelon Darden or a Tylan Wallace or a Dyami Brown.....you know guys who actually produced and stayed healthy  unlike Ross in college or the NFL.

Dude I’m not a die on the hill fan for Ross I just honestly would rather sign him to a 1 year last chance deal instead of spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a tylan Wallace although I’m a fan or a brown(fan as well) etc. if ross could give us a year of snaps healthy I think the return would be much more than any mid round draft pick or day 2 guy. Non are the talent Ross is and before I see this kid possibly go off on another team if we can keep him for a year I’d rather do that and build the trenches in our early rounds. That’s all I’m saying.
Reply/Quote