Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Were You on 9/11?
I was in Somalia when this all went down. Within a week I was in Kuwait City getting ready for the hunt. I had been in some shit before, but nothing like this. I knew something big was about hit the fan. I ended up in strategy meetings for 2 weeks, plans changed daily because of policies and ROE. Honestly after all the planning, I was never so happy to just go do my job..
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 12:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was in Somalia when this all went down. Within a week I was in Kuwait City getting ready for the hunt. I had been in some shit before, but nothing like this. I knew something big was about hit the fan. I ended up in strategy meetings for 2 weeks, plans changed daily because of policies and ROE. Honestly after all the planning, I was never so happy to just go do my job..

Kind of off topic, but after I graduated from law school and before I got a job as an attorney I did all sorts of stuff.  One job was working with a friend of mine who was going an environmental clean up from some leaking underground gas tanks at the Raytheon plant in Bristol TN.  The job only lasted a couple of weeks, but I was there when the Gulf War in Kuwait started.  Instead of my boss just having to show his ID to get inside the facility we all individually had to go through about three check points.   We knew it would be different when we saw the jeeps with machine guns in front of the gates.
Reply/Quote