Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the LBs?
(03-21-2020, 09:06 AM)bengaloo Wrote: We need LB's and S's both imo. Its cool that Shawn Williams played a bunch of LB last year I suppose, except he wasnt that good at it. I know pff is just a guideline that doesnt show the entire story, but his 54 grade on there is a little weak. Bates at least got to 59 lol. Lets just say I dont think anyone is scared to go over the middle of our defense and in fact exploit it for the weakness it is.

My last corona boredom mock said:
1. Burrow
2. Baun
3. Chinn
4. Davis-Gaither
5. Lemeiux
6. Runyan
7. Jauan Jennings

Who is this Jauan Jennings?

Really like the rest of this Mock just don't even know this name.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is this Jauan Jennings?

He's a big physical WR from Tenn. Big body, good hands, super physical, good blocker. Not very fast tho, but honestly I figured him to be more of a 4th or 5th rounder. I took him because he was bpa on the tdn site at the time lol. I was already happy with the rest of the haul.
Reply/Quote
Josh Bynes seems to be down to the Bengals and the Ravens. Would be huge to steal him.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:16 PM)bengaloo Wrote: He's a big physical WR from Tenn. Big body, good hands, super physical, good blocker. Not very fast tho, but honestly I figured him to be more of a 4th or 5th rounder. I took him because he was bpa on the tdn site at the time lol. I was already happy with the rest of the haul.

Nice, I just did my first fan speak Mock and he was there in the 6th and I took Lawrence Cager out of Georgia over him.

Sounds a lot like Auden Tate this Jennings does.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:53 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Josh Bynes seems to be down to the Bengals and the Ravens.  Would be huge to steal him.

Him or Ogletree I would be fine with.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is this Jauan Jennings?

He seems to be kind of a thicker framed Housh, but can't beat the press off the line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He seems to be kind of a thicker framed Housh, but can't beat the press off the line.

Good to know, I think I remember seeing him play at Tennessee once...
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good to know, I think I remember seeing him play at Tennessee once...

The problem that I would have with Jennings, is that he very similar to what we already have been developing in Auden Tate.  He brings nothing unique to the WR room.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 05:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem that I would have with Jennings, is that he very similar to what we already have been developing in Auden Tate.  He brings nothing unique to the WR room.

That is what I am thinking.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is what I am thinking.

Yep, that is why I keep going back to Michael Pittman in most of my mock drafts.  I think he's got the body style and physical skill set to be a good backup to AJ Green at WR1, along with the straight line speed to back it up.  4.52 from a 6'4" 232# man with good body control is a special kind of package.

Edit: Oops, my apology for going way off topic. I forgot which thread that we were in.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 05:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, that is why I keep going back to Michael Pittman in most of my mock drafts.  I think he's got the body style and physical skill set to be a good backup to AJ Green at WR1, along with the straight line speed to back it up.  4.52 from a 6'4" 232# man with good body control is a special kind of package.

Edit:  Oops, my apology for going way off topic.  I forgot which thread that we were in.

Yeah really like Pittman, for some reason he just hasn't been around in the 3rd or 4th for me in my Mocks yet.

I got Lawrence Cager WR out of Georgia in the 6th in my last mock at Fanspeak. I remember liking the guy.

Just cannot remember what stood out about him.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 05:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Edit:  Oops, my apology for going way off topic.  I forgot which thread that we were in.

Oh yeah, would like to bring in Bradham, Bynes or Ogletree please... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:53 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Josh Bynes seems to be down to the Bengals and the Ravens.  Would be huge to steal him.

Bynes would be ideal, but where are these rumors from?
Reply/Quote

Even the die hard delusional Bengals fan in me has to wonder how we get chosen over the Ratbirds without throwing a bunch more money at him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 06:17 PM)McC Wrote: Even the die hard delusional Bengals fan in me has to wonder how we get chosen over the Ratbirds without throwing a bunch more money at him.

Same here, oh well, will take Bradham or Ogletree when the shit dies down no prob.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 06:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, oh well, will take Bradham or Ogletree when the shit dies down no prob.

Unless he wasn't a starter and he wants to be one, which it embarrasses me to say didn't occur to me until now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 06:21 PM)McC Wrote: Unless he wasn't a starter and he wants to be one, which it embarrasses me to say didn't occur to me until now.

It is different cause of the state of our LB position at the moment true.

Still think players like to be on the best Defense rather than the worst one. 

Them Ratbirds were playing pretty damn good last year.

Making the Reader, Waynes and Alexander moves can change minds for the good as well.

Reader sure helps out Linebackers big time. What a great pick up. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Him or Ogletree I would be fine with for depth

Fixed
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 08:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fixed

Thanks. Mellow 

Was going to say that, thanks Ocho lol
Reply/Quote