Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the moves?
(08-31-2019, 11:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote:

That song was playing in my mind when I typed that.... excellent call Nately.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But we have made big moves...we're really going out on a limb with this coaching staff and people are over the moon about it, and that is what amuses me.

Bengals go all in on a young HC and his short-resumed underlings:
Holy moly!  NEW DEY!!!!  Time to change our fortunes, and fortune favors the brave!!!! Shake things up!  Rattle some cages!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Bengals do very little in regards to personnel/players:
This is fine...if they changed things things might become worse.

I'm trying to figure out if we are just throwing coaching under the bus for 2016-2018 and telling ourselves the players never had a real shot, or we just see what changed and what didn't and are being optimistic about what changed and being sour grapes about the changes we can't/won't make.  It's interesting.

So a guy who has made the case that we should move on from Andy and hand control over to an unproven young guy has has a problem with the organization moving on from Marvin and handing control over to an unproven young guy?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:50 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Anyone ask for moves?

[Image: source.gif]

I got it from my daddy.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote:

But the Lord can’t make ya boin.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:34 AM)NKURyan Wrote: So a guy who has made the case that we should move on from Andy and hand control over to an unproven young guy has has a problem with the organization moving on from Marvin and handing control over to an unproven young guy?

I only say we should start Dolegala for the yucks and I wanted to get rid of Marvin after 2013 or so.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 09:43 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I only say we should start Dolegala for the yucks and I wanted to get rid of Marvin after 2013 or so.

We should still draft an unproven rookie to replace Andy in the future, but any head coaching hire then or now has to be a grizzled veteran of the coaching scene?
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown was traded for an owner to be named later from a coal company now defunct in bankruptcy trying to avoid paying all former employees. 
Oh wait.. Pics or it didn't happen, eh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 12:51 PM)NKURyan Wrote: We should still draft an unproven rookie to replace Andy in the future, but any head coaching hire then or now has to be a grizzled veteran of the coaching scene?

SUPER grizzled. Any coaches with a hook for a hand available?
Reply/Quote
We made some moves, didn't snag a OT or LB tho, tnd they're pretty lackluster. But trust in the process right. It's on to the practice squad now. We'll see if there is any new faces taking some spots.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: We made some moves, didn't snag a OT or LB tho, tnd they're pretty lackluster. But trust in the process right. It's on to the practice squad now. We'll see if there is any new faces taking some spots.

Brilliant! We need to come up with our own 'Trust the Process' phrase that relates to the past 28 years.
Reply/Quote
I want to note that generally scouts are the ones who would identify players who may be cut that could help your team.

Without a lot of scouts, you get a special teamer in Cooper who ZT knows and Perine who is a name people know.
Reply/Quote
I’m fine with these two pickups. Kinda surprised it’s not OL or LB but this is the Bengals after all so not shocked. These are 2 relatively young players that add some depth and much needed help on ST. So all in all I can’t complain we’re not making moves then complain when we do.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I’m fine with these two pickups. Kinda surprised it’s not OL or LB but this is the Bengals after all so not shocked. These are 2 relatively young players that add some depth and much needed help on ST. So all in all I can’t complain we’re not making moves then complain when we do.

It's not like a bunch of starting offensive lineman and LB's got waived. Most of the names you see out there are UDFA's from college.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not like a bunch of starting offensive lineman and LB's got waived. Most of the names you see out there are UDFA's from college.

True but there are some out there that I’m sure are better than what we have, or at least better than some of the guys we have as depth players. There’s also other ways instead of searching threw the scrap heap like making a trade. The Dolphins just traded Kiko for another LB. straight up. Not sure I get it, I always thought Kiko was a decent player and don’t think the guy they brought in is very good at all, but I guess they wanted to go younger. I would have loved for us to get Kiko. We just need to find a way to get a couple quality OL & LBers, and if our staff has the same attitude as some on this board that oh well no good ones were cut, then they shouldn’t be on the staff. We have to be aggressive and attack our weakness now or it’s going to be a long season watching other teams attack them every Sunday.
With this Cooper and Perone pickup maybe Bernard is still being considered for a trade? Who knows. But we have to try to fix our issues.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I’m fine with these two pickups. Kinda surprised it’s not OL or LB but this is the Bengals after all so not shocked. These are 2 relatively young players that add some depth and much needed help on ST. So all in all I can’t complain we’re not making moves then complain when we do.

I bet they make a move for a Linebacker TKUHL.

No way they go into the season with just 4 Linebackers.

I do like the pickups of Cooper and Perine though for sure.

Both are good players unlike Nickerson who was not.
Reply/Quote
I still think Trent Williams is in play for the Bengals. I don't know what it will take but GIO may be involved. The Gruden Bengal connection may play a role.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I still think Trent Williams is in play for the Bengals.  I don't know what it will take but GIO may be involved.  The Gruden Bengal connection may play a role.

Might be spendy but would probably be worth it.

Trent can run block unlike Cordy.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I still think Trent Williams is in play for the Bengals.  I don't know what it will take but GIO may be involved.  The Gruden Bengal connection may play a role.

No way. Washington wants too much and Williams is hurt A LOT.

So you think they'll trade for Trent Williams and bench Glenn?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No way. Washington wants too much and Williams is hurt A LOT.

So you think they'll trade for Trent Williams and bench Glenn?
Sounds like Williams plays through injuries. This article is from 2016... 

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/28165/trent-williams-history-includes-lots-of-pain-few-games-missed

Also, sounds like Williams will not play this year for Redskins if he has his way and he is back at full health...

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/12684/trent-williams
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sounds like Williams plays through injuries. This article is from 2016... 

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/28165/trent-williams-history-includes-lots-of-pain-few-games-missed

Also, sounds like Williams will not play this year for Redskins if he has his way and he is back at full health...

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/12684/trent-williams

No way will MB pay Glenn, Williams, AND Hart big bucks. Unless we could trade Glenn for Williams somehow...but I don't know that I'd want Williams. We have Jonah coming back next year as the LT.
Reply/Quote