Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the weaknesses?
After seven games what are the weaknesses of this team?  
OL.  Not a huge weakness with the mobility Burrow has showed lately as the sacks have gone down considerably.
DL.  Hell nah.
RBs.  Mixon and Evans in the second half.  No.
LBs.  Budding all Pro and speed galore.  No
Wrs.  Hell no.
Dbs.  Apple maybe, but has played above average lately.  Not responsible for the ones.  We have a shutdown corner on the other side.
Best safety’s in the league!
Coaching offense.  Early they tried to protect Burrow, now he’s been unleashed.  He will be QB1 in the NFL very soon.
Defensive coaching.  Hell no.
ST.  Very weak punt returners.  Great kicker, and above average coverage.  Average overall.
Fans.  The stadium will be sold out for the rest of the season.
Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
Short yardage situations.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Short yardage situations.

I would hope that it’s an easier problem to fix then long.  To predictable for the most part.
Give the call to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
IOl- Carmen is good for a rookie and Hopkins has improved the last two weeks but it still far from great.

Pass Rush- Hendrickson has been nice but the rest of the group has been just Ok.( in terms of pass rush run defense their excellent)

CB- Wayne's has a troubling Hamstring injury. Eventually Apple injury will effect us
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Inexperience - we is a young team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:06 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: After seven games what are the weaknesses of this team?  
OL.  Not a huge weakness with the mobility Burrow has showed lately as the sacks have gone down considerably.
DL.  Hell nah.
Wrs.  Hell no.
Dbs.  Apple maybe, but has played above average lately.  Not responsible for the ones.  We have a shutdown corner on the other side.
Coaching offense.  Early they tried to protect Burrow, now he’s been unleashed.  He will be QB1 in the NFL very soon.
ST.  Very weak punt returners.  Great kicker, and above average coverage.  Average overall.
Who Dey.

Depth at secondary and RB is my major concern ...really hoping Mixon goes the full season.

Aside from injuries and if you are trying to  really nit-pickg then perhaps Burrow's INTs?  

Aside from Chicago not really hurt us but worry he tries to do too much at times and tries to force it perhaps
Reply/Quote

I would hope that it’s an easier problem to fix then long.  To predictable for the most part.
Give the call to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
We have 2 linemen graded in the mid 40s by PFF and ESPN says we're 22nd in pass block win rate (ability to hold blocks for 2.5 seconds). I still think o-line is a weak point, but (a) not as weak as last year and (b) Joey is doing a better job avoiding pressure.

I'd be lying if I said I'd be confident in Hopkins and Carmen against the league's best in the playoffs.

As good as Mixon has been, we're only 21st in yards/carry.

Also, no one on this defense other than Wilson is forcing any turnovers.

The other guys have 1 INT in 7 games, and we're 30th in fumble recoveries.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:14 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: I would hope that it’s an easier problem to fix then long.  To predictable for the most part.
Give the call to Burrow.

A 2nd/3rd and 1 is like being on the goal line. For whatever reason there is no push in those situations.

If this team is better in the short yardage then we are likely 6-1 right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  I still think o-line is a weak point, but (a) not as weak as last year and (b) Joey is doing a better job avoiding pressure.

Same.  Much improved but still needs work.

Joe looked like a statue the first couple of games.  He was sacked 10 times but had at least 2.5 seconds to throw on every one of them.

Now that he is moving better our line is good enough to keep him pretty clean.

Ravens got a lot of pressure, but they are one of the best teams in the league at doing that.
Reply/Quote
For me:

Offense:

1) Short yardage situations, we need to win those more than we are.

2) C/RG- still average here, but we are improving weekly.

3) CB depth, dont really trust Phillips

4) Punt returns, Wonder if we could get Gunner Olzewski(WR,Pats) for a 6th round pick, he has been among the league leaders here, but offers nothing in receptions. or just give Trent Irwin more chances.
Reply/Quote

Beat me to it.  Hopkins is a liability here and the play selections have been disappointing.  I have faith that Hopkins can get to his old self by year's end, but I need to see a lot better play design.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This won’t be received well but here goes …..

1. Chase shouldn’t have to be Superman. We shouldn’t “need” these incredible plays to win games.

We have 3 extremely talented receivers. Boyd and Higgins need to do a much better job of getting separation/open.

We have the talent to put 40 up every game. No D should be able to cover all 3 WR’s and CJ. I still think the O is only playing at 70% max capacity.

2. OLINE opening up running lanes.

3. I love the D, but covering TE’s and the middle of the field could use some help if I’m going to find something w the D.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Inexperience - we is a young team.

depth for DBs and Edge rushers
more speed at WR (what if chase goes down?) no other deep threat on roster. I hear Deshaun Jackson is available? 
Center and G

other then that, I think we are solid
Reply/Quote
3rd down conversion: We're 20th in the league

Drops: We have 8 as a team, Chase has 3 and Higgins has 2

Slow starts: Burrow has a passer rating of 79.4 and the runner average only 2.9 YPC in the 1st quarter

INTs by DBs: We have 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
ST return game is OK in my book being the real number one job of the return guy is to NOT put the ball on the ground and they've been solid in that. A lost fumble in a punt return or kickoff is the cardinal sin of all sins in football,,
Short yardage is a real problem and needs fixed PDQ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Weak points are as they have been. It's just the strong points are very, very strong.
Reply/Quote
Inconsistency is our biggest weakness.

The ground game is very inconsistent on both sides of the ball, and the offense tends to struggle with being in sync early in games.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:06 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: After seven games what are the weaknesses of this team?  
DL.  Hell nah.
Wrs.  Hell no.
Who Dey.

IOL could use an upgrade next year if Hopkins and/or Carman don't become good by season's end.
Outside CB if Waynes doesn't return to form.
Other than that, depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Need better DBs and more pass rushers.

Need Center, hope no regressing from the LB position moving forward
Reply/Quote