Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are you guys getting
The idea that the Bengals are going to start Og at RT to replace Whitworth and Fisher on the right?

I've heard OG is a number 2 LT now, but there's no way we actually move on from Whitworth.

Is there?
Reply/Quote
[Image: Magic-8-Ball.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 10:27 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: The idea that the Bengals are going to start Og at RT to replace Whitworth and Fisher on the right?

I've heard OG is a number 2 LT now, but there's no way we actually move on from Whitworth.

Is there?

Huh? I think you are referring to the Hobson article that says Ced is the new back-up left tackle and the team might bring back Whit to be the LG next year to help Ced as a LT.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 11:17 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Huh? I think you are referring to the Hobson article that says Ced is the new back-up left tackle and the team might bring back Whit to be the LG next year to help Ced as a LT.

What?

No.

Og isn't good enough to be accomodated likes that.

Your'e nuts.
Reply/Quote
Og is barely good enough to keep the bench warm. Good enough to protect Daltons blind side? I've never heard of a worse idea than that.
Reply/Quote
Bad pick, glad we got a backup though
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 10:27 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: The idea that the Bengals are going to start Og at RT to replace Whitworth and Fisher on the right?

Is there?

Just as we moved on from Munoz, we will have to move on from Whitworth.....I'm sure the Bengals HOPE  that OG or Fisher fill the void....but we also lost Andre Smith.....I'm going to guess Bengals end up forced to draft more than OG and Fisher. ....but what if they lose Zeitler....many of you don't like Bodine at center but the O Line coach does....The O Line is a huge problem that needs addressed.  It could actually get worse, a lot worse.  We could soon have the worst O Line in the NFL and we would be going 0-16 with many injured QBs.....or they make all the right moves and we go Super Bowl....THAT is how important O Line is.

I hope we keep Zeitler to go with Bodine and Boling...That gives us OG and Fisher at tackle...You know this is  a team that carries 4 tight ends.  That is a luxury we may have to say good bye to....Just looking at Bengals O Line depth  other than Whit and Winston we have Westermann and TJ Johnson...This is why I want an O Lineman in Round 1 or Round 2.  ...I think we can get a great LB in round 1 though.....but the number one rule of coaching football is : PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK. ...Everything else is secondary.....Keeping your QB out of the hospital is the coaches primary objective. ...I would draft a true Left Tackle, a pass blocking LT as much Munoz like as possible. If I can get a good LT in round one, then I take LB in round 2.

Mike Brown has us in a mess on free agency. Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick all become free agents in 3 weeks, plus others....I'm telling you, Thanks to Mike Brown, this team could get a lot worse than 5-7-1 record.....You can only franchise tag one player. We could use about 3 or 4 franchise tags. ....Why Zeitler wasn't resigned before this season I do not know. Mike Brown is an idiot....Mike Brown passes on the top guard to draft Kirkpatrick. Steelers draft the top guard but when we draft Zeiler we say he was the one we wanted anyway. Now just a couple years later both top draft picks are not even sighed and becoming free agents. What a waste of a draft that will be. MIKE BROWN IS AN IDIOT....Oh, there goes that extra pick for Carson also. You can wright off the great move Mikey made on that if we lose both this early.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 01:34 AM)kevin Wrote: Just as we moved on from Munoz, we will have to move on from Whitworth.....I'm sure the Bengals HOPE  that OG or Fisher fill the void....but we also lost Andre Smith.....I'm going to guess Bengals end up forced to draft more than OG and Fisher. ....but what if they lose Zeitler....many of you don't like Bodine at center but the O Line coach does....The O Line is a huge problem that needs addressed.  It could actually get worse, a lot worse.  We could soon have the worst O Line in the NFL and we would be going 0-16 with many injured QBs.....or they make all the right moves and we go Super Bowl....THAT is how important O Line is.

The o line coach is a big part of the problem.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 01:36 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The o line coach is a big part of the problem.

The biggest problem, he takes credit for so many good offensive lineman that have played in Cincinnati.

They're badass players, but apparently teaching piano makes them better
Reply/Quote
Do not believe there is a person on the roster that can fill Whit's shoes adequately.

Going to have to draft that guy this year and beg him to not retire yet.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 12:45 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What?

No.

Og isn't good enough to be accomodated likes that.

Your'e nuts.

Cedric may be better suited at LT. I remember this was mentioned frequently during that years draft. Honestly that was my thoughts when we drafted him. I thought he was gonna sit behind Whit for a year or two. I was a little surprised when they put him in at RT.

Cedric may just be a case of Paul Alexander, aka Piano Man, aka Tackle Whisperer, aka Lineman Guru, trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 10:47 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Cedric may be better suited at LT. I remember this was mentioned frequently during that years draft. Honestly that was my thoughts when we drafted him. I thought he was gonna sit behind Whit for a year or two. I was a little surprised when they put him in at RT.

Cedric may just be a case of Paul Alexander, aka Piano Man, aka Tackle Whisperer, aka Lineman Guru, trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

No, No!  He would NEVER do anything like that...... :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 09:57 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not believe there is a person on the roster that can fill Whit's shoes adequately.

Going to have to draft that guy this year and beg him to not retire yet.

Agreed, but I could see Zimmer tapping him to help in Minnesota.  We haven't done a very good job retaining vets of late...tried to sign Hall, Jones, and Nelson...all gone.  And it wasn't the money...
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who thinks one of the big reasons why the Bengals kept 3 QBs on the roster this year is because they knew their OL was bad, and Dalton and McCarron could have both been injured behind it? The only other reason why they could have done that is because they know that McCarron is gone next year. If he doesn't leave then I'm going to think it's the former and not the latter.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 12:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed, but I could see Zimmer tapping him to help in Minnesota.  We haven't done a very good job retaining vets of late...tried to sign Hall, Jones, and Nelson...all gone.  And it wasn't the money...

We already know Zimmer is going to snake a couple players from us. 

But pray it is not Whit. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 02:58 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks one of the big reasons why the Bengals kept 3 QBs on the roster this year is because they knew their OL was bad, and Dalton and McCarron could have both been injured behind it? The only other reason why they could have done that is because they know that McCarron is gone next year. If he doesn't leave then I'm going to think it's the former and not the latter.

I think it's the latter personally. I don't see Mccarron staying when he could be a serbicabld starter in league.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 10:27 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: The idea that the Bengals are going to start Og at RT to replace Whitworth and Fisher on the right?

Is there?

doesn't mean OG wont see more LT snaps as the season finishes out... Whit has been slowing down...   hopefully OG can play LT much better than right,.
Reply/Quote
I believe Ogbuehi has bust written all over him.

There's probably some truth in the right arm anchor, LT vs. RT stuff. But all of that has nothing to do with his desire to play the game, his desire to not get beat, his heart, his determination or whatever you want to call it.

Watch him block, he quits blocking 1 second into every play. I don't think it's gonna matter one bit whether he's on the left, right, center, or upside down.

Hope he proves me wrong because Whit's on his sunset tour.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 01:34 AM)kevin Wrote: Just as we moved on from Munoz, we will have to move on from Whitworth.....I'm sure the Bengals HOPE  that OG or Fisher fill the void....but we also lost Andre Smith.....I'm going to guess Bengals end up forced to draft more than OG and Fisher. ....but what if they lose Zeitler....many of you don't like Bodine at center but the O Line coach does....The O Line is a huge problem that needs addressed.  It could actually get worse, a lot worse.  We could soon have the worst O Line in the NFL and we would be going 0-16 with many injured QBs.....or they make all the right moves and we go Super Bowl....THAT is how important O Line is.

I hope we keep Zeitler to go with Bodine and Boling...That gives us OG and Fisher at tackle...You know this is  a team that carries 4 tight ends.  That is a luxury we may have to say good bye to....Just looking at Bengals O Line depth  other than Whit and Winston we have Westermann and TJ Johnson...This is why I want an O Lineman in Round 1 or Round 2.  ...I think we can get a great LB in round 1 though.....but the number one rule of coaching football is : PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK. ...Everything else is secondary.....Keeping your QB out of the hospital is the coaches primary objective. ...I would draft a true Left Tackle, a pass blocking LT as much Munoz like as possible.  If I can get a good LT in round one, then I take LB in round 2.

Mike Brown has us in a mess on free agency.  Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick all become free agents in 3 weeks, plus others....I'm telling you, Thanks to Mike Brown, this team could get a lot worse than 5-7-1 record.....You can only franchise tag one player.  We could use about 3 or 4 franchise tags. ....Why Zeitler wasn't resigned before this season I do not know.  Mike Brown is an idiot....Mike Brown passes on the top guard to draft Kirkpatrick. Steelers draft the top guard but when we draft Zeiler we say he was the one we wanted anyway. Now just a couple years later both top draft picks are not even sighed and becoming free agents.  What a waste of a draft that will be. MIKE BROWN IS AN IDIOT....Oh, there goes that extra pick for Carson also. You can wright off the great move Mikey made on that if we lose both this early.

Actually we had two 1st round picks that year and DeCastro was there when our second pick came up, but we traded back with NE leaving DeCastro for the Steelers. We took Zietler with the NE pick. We received NE's 3rd round pick in the deal and we used that pick to select Brandon Thompson.

This was the year that used a 2nd round pick on Devon Still, but we did select Sanu with our own 3rd round pick and Marvin Jones in the 5th. So, overall, it was a decent draft.

I agree though that Mike Brown is an idiot.

Reply/Quote