Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did all the bengal fan brash talk go?
(01-05-2016, 08:55 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Face it, Beaker: the stakes are much higher for you guys.  

Keep repeating that to yourself Saturday morning.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:27 AM)Beaker Wrote: Keep repeating that to yourself Saturday morning.

You're the one who was publicly pining for this matchup.  Most of us really didn't care who we got. Seriously.  We just don't put the emotional investment into the Bengals that you do to the Steelers, because they haven't bullied our team for as long as ours has bullied yours.  

You guys (understandably) see this as a way to get playoff revenge on Kimo's Steelers, and it's a revenge you've been waiting 10 years to get.  And it is simultaneously a way to end 25 years of playoff frustration.  That's a lot of emotion to channel into one game.  

The thing is, we don't have NEARLY the amount of emotion invested in this one as you do.  Heck, if you win, a small part of me (largely related to the part that has rooted for the Pirates for the last 35 years) will be happy for you because you'll finally get to experience just a small fraction of the playoff joy we've experienced over the last decade.  There's zero chance that you would feel the same way for us if the Steelers win, because it would just be more of the same pain and frustration.   

So, yeah, the emotional stakes are WAAAY higher in this one for you than they are for us.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 01:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So, yeah, the emotional stakes are WAAAY higher in this one for you than they are for us.  

Nope. When the Bengals win, the steelers will be the team that gave them their first playoff win since 1990.....in prime time. Way harder for steeler fans to take.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 07:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nope. When the Bengals win, the steelers will be the team that gave them their first playoff win since 1990.....in prime time. Way harder for steeler fans to take.

Ah.  I see why you don't understand.  You think that we derive vicarious pleasure from your failures the same way you do ours.  

That's funny. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 09:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Ah.  I see why you don't understand.  You think that we derive vicarious pleasure from your failures the same way you do ours.  

That's funny. LOL

While it be hilarious to see them lose again, I'd cheer for them to win in the playoffs if they didn't get matched up with us in the first game.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:36 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This has been my theory all along.  ThumbsUp

Not a bad theory......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:34 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I've been thinking Steelman/Taz/burghman, etc.  But I'm not 100%.  

Hhmmmmmmm....don't remember burghman..but I do the other two.  You might be onto something....Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 09:31 PM)6andcounting Wrote: While it be hilarious to see them lose again, I'd cheer for them to win in the playoffs if they didn't get matched up with us in the first game.

Heck, if they win on Saturday I'll root for them the rest of the way.  I'd be disappointed the Steelers were done, but it wouldn't even remotely be my 'worst nightmare'. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 08:36 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Heck, if they win on Saturday I'll root for them the rest of the way.  I'd be disappointed the Steelers were done, but not even remotley 'devastated'. 
Winner of this game vs the Panthers for the Super Bowl.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 09:00 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Winner of this game vs the Panthers for the Super Bowl.

Sounds good to me.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 07:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nope. When the Bengals win, the steelers will be the team that gave them their first playoff win since 1990.....in prime time. Way harder for steeler fans to take.

Let's stop talking in generalities here and talk about you and me.  

After hearing you pine for weeks to play the Steelers again, and hearing you talk about how great it would be to end the streak and beat the Steelers all in one fell swoop, I think it's pretty clear that this game is way more important to you than it is to me.   
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 10:16 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Let's stop talking in generalities here and talk about you and me.  

After hearing you pine for weeks to play the Steelers again, and hearing you talk about how great it would be to end the streak and beat the Steelers all in one fell swoop, I think it's pretty clear that this game is way more important to you than it is to me.   

Smack aside, of course the game is bigger to Bengals fans than Steelers fans as we try and get the monkey off our back. But, it is not so much beating the Steelers, we have done that at home and at Hines, it is beating any team in the playoffs. Now back to smack, Ben is a rapist and his fans lack class and dignity. Sad
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Smack aside, of course the game is bigger to Bengals fans than Steelers fans as we try and get the monkey off our back. But, it is not so much beating the Steelers, we have done that at home and at Hines, it is beating any team in the playoffs. Now back to smack, Ben is a rapist and his fans lack class and dignity. Sad

That may be considered smack, but it has nothing to do with what was being discussed here.  

Between this and the McDonald's-Wendy's thing, you are displaying a disturbing tendency to argue with people about stuff they aren't talking about.  Are you sure you're okay?  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 10:16 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Let's stop talking in generalities here and talk about you and me.  

Funny coming from the guy in another thread posting generalities, but at least you corrected yourself later.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 04:53 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: That may be considered smack, but it has nothing to do with what was being discussed here.  

Between this and the McDonald's-Wendy's thing, you are displaying a disturbing tendency to argue with people about stuff they aren't talking about.  Are you sure you're okay?  

I could have sworn I did address your point to Beaker about this game's importance you were going back and forth on? Is there a rapist in your head or something?

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 04:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could have sworn I did address your point to Beaker about this game's importance you were going back and forth on? Is there a rapist in your head or something?

It's not the begging of your posts that concern me.  It's your inability to stay on track.  
Reply/Quote

I wanted the steelers to be our opponent because I wanted an opponent we knew if we had to play the game with a new QB. But get real, the steelers fans will be way more upset at giving up a win to the Bengals. Like I've maintained all along, we won't be anywhere we aren't already if we managed to lose. Stakes way higher for steeler fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 07:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: I wanted the steelers to be our opponent because I wanted an opponent we knew if we had to play the game with a new QB. But get real, the steelers fans will be way more upset at giving up a win to the Bengals. Like I've maintained all along, we won't be anywhere we aren't already if we managed to lose. Stakes way higher for steeler fans.

No.

The longer you wait for something, the more disappointing it is when you get THAT close and have it snatched away, especially if you hate the one doing the snatching.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 08:01 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: No.

The longer you wait for something, the more disappointing it is when you get THAT close and have it snatched away, especially if you hate the one doing the snatching.  

I can think of a snatch that i get, all the time.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Smack aside, of course the game is bigger to Bengals fans than Steelers fans as we try and get the monkey off our back.

Beaker should listen to his dad.
Reply/Quote