Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did our dominant offense go?
Steelers, Browns, and Texans. We've looked pretty rough at times in these games. I thought we had something special brewing on offense, but I'm not sure after these outings.

Next week will be a good test.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:34 AM)Utts Wrote: Steelers, Browns, and Texans. We've looked pretty rough at times in these games. I thought we had something special brewing on offense, but I'm not sure after these outings.

We're an offense built on the running game and we haven't run the ball that much in the Texans or Steelers game. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:34 AM)Utts Wrote: Steelers, Browns, and Texans. We've looked pretty rough at times in these games. I thought we had something special brewing on offense, but I'm not sure after these outings.

there was a lack of killer instincts right from the starting gate. we started the game like Houston had no business being on the same field as us.
Reply/Quote
Hue isnt running it anymore, when he does he goes in jumbo packages which makes it predictable, think he needs to get a bit more creative in the runs like we know he can
Reply/Quote
90% of the time we run it we get no where. Perhaps that's why Hue has lost confidence is the Run.

It's obvious Hill has lost a step (or 10!) and the O line is not helping w these runs.

GIO has earned many of the yards on his own w little help from blocking.
Reply/Quote
Gio can run inside and out, I don't understand Hill running 20 yards sideways to get 1 yard up the middle. They must train each of these backs the same when they are obvious individual talents. Hill has got to go up the middle and deliver a beating that Gio can take advantage of at the end of the 4th.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They went to Texas, thought it was an away game. That was the practice squad we saw last night.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm convinced this team does something crazy during the bye week. I read in the media somewhere that for the first week they were doing self-scouting so maybe Paulie G has spotted something in our offense and Hue has decided to change his gameplans on the off chance that other teams spotted it too.

Seems weird to change away from a winning formula for no reason when it was working.
Reply/Quote
If Dalton had time, there were no open receivers, if there were open receivers, Dalton had no time, if there was time and open receivers, Dalton would make a poor throw, if Dalton made a good throw, the receivers would drop it.

Just an all around atrocious night from our offense. Hue better right the ship.
Reply/Quote
There was a lot of drops but the eye test tells you that Dalton has lost his mojo. The pre bye offense may be long gone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 09:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: There was a lot of drops but the eye test tells you that Dalton has lost his mojo. The pre bye offense may be long gone.

Yeah, he's lost it alright....now he's only hitting his recieivers in the hands....
Reply/Quote
That game last night was pathetic on almost every front. Dalton should have had at least three interceptions, Eifert flat out dropped three passes, Hill looks like he should be playing on a j/v team somewhere, the Green fumble, numerous false start penalties, and some of the play calling (how do you have Eifert line up to block JJ Watt one on one??)... the offense had absolutely no rhythm, and when they did start to get any it would be quashed by a penalty or drop.

They laid a big egg against an opponent who was vastly inferior.
Reply/Quote
I think that's a closed mind way to look at it. Look at his deep ball inaccuracy. That wasn't there the first 8 weeks. Look at his pocket presence (or lack thereof), not as sound. The offense is more dink and dunk (look at his average per attempt, severely down after the bye), yards per game (down after bye), Passer rating in three games after bye (gulp). 3td's, 3Int's. This is no longer an attacking offense. The offense is being dictated to, not doing the dictating. Blame the play calling/running game, etc, but it's not good football knowledge to act like you don't see the difference. The difference is clear, and there's no denying it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 09:41 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That game last night was pathetic on almost every front.  Dalton should have had at least three interceptions, Eifert flat out dropped three passes, Hill looks like he should be playing on a j/v team somewhere, the Green fumble, numerous false start penalties, and some of the play calling (how do you have Eifert line up to block JJ Watt one on one??)... the offense had absolutely no rhythm, and when they did start to get any it would be quashed by a penalty or drop.

They laid a big egg against an opponent who was vastly inferior.

It literally looked like they forgot how to play football over the past week. Not because they lost, but how they lost. It was a familiar reminder that this team has not progressed as far as we've thought. Prime Time monkey is still firmly on their backs. Just disappointing. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 09:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: There was a lot of drops but the eye test tells you that Dalton has lost his mojo. The pre bye offense may be long gone.

How so? 

I wouldn't put this game solely on Andy. One thing I haven't noticed anyone talk about yet though, is the fact that Andy wasn't getting the ball out quickly enough and, in my opinion, he didn't step up in the pocket quickly enough on ( more than ) a few plays. 

I doubt Andy thought it was a good idea to pick on JJ22, but somebody sure did! Why do that when there's a rookie out there? 

The long ball wasn't there all night. That happens to every team from time to time. Other than those throws, the only poor throw Andy attempted was the one where he missed Eifert wide open, and that may not have been on Andy, as Tyler possibly didn't get to the spot he needed to be at. Besides that, with the way (Eifert) played, there's a good chance he drops that pass as well. 

Maybe Andre Smith coulda helped. Eric Winston shoulda been called for holding Watt at least three more times that I noticed, as JJ was having his way with him. 
Reply/Quote