Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does that Tee Higgins TD catch rank all time considering the what was at stake?
I've seen alot of big time TD catches by Bengals
WRs that either tied a game or was a game winner
Carl Pickens vs the Steelers
Carl Pickens opening day vs Arizona
Peter Warrick vs the Chiefs
Jamar Chase vs the Ravens
Jamar Chase playoff game vs the Chiefs

But that Tee Higgins catch to tie
The game had to be the most clutch
Improbable catch I've ever seen in
A Bengals game
How many other NFL WRs could have did
What Tee Higgins did?
Jefferson ....Chase....Sutton maybe?
Reply/Quote
I know that Tee made himself some money yesterday. If he explodes the rest of the season theirs going to be some big money demands we probably can't afford. However, just like Browning, teams are going to be salivating over these two. But back to your post, that catch was elite. He was aware of his surroundings and did what he needed to do. It was fantastic. I think he broke the Twitter with that catch.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tee's arm length and awareness were keys, thank God the defender didn't knock the ball out of his hand!
Reply/Quote
One of the smartest plays you'll ever see. And to happen in the last minute of a must-have game, to tie the game... I mean it's a huge play. I know Tee hasn't had the big year hoped, but I personally just think its been one of those years. He's still a great WR.
Reply/Quote
It was awesome!! I was already trying to talk myself into not feeling bad at the loss. And then YES

It's up there
Reply/Quote
That was probably the greatest catch by a Bengal in terms of physical skill. The Jerome Simpson Flip was the only other one that was close
Reply/Quote
Hell, the Tyler Boyd catch in the same game was close. That required some focus and then great YAC after
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The catch was really good, but they still have the ball at the one if he doesn’t make the TD. As mentioned above, the catch by Boyd was a tough one. Guy’s arm was right there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Greatest in terms of impact on a game or greatest based how athletic the catch was?

Tee’s catch was special, but my favorite of all time was when Ocho, on a bomb, leaped head first around the 10 yard line came down on top of two Steeler players at the two and rolled into the end zone for a TD. At the time I couldn’t believe it and I still can’t. Ocho had incredible body control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The play happened on 2nd down at the Vikings 21 with 48 seconds left and the Bengals still having all three timeouts. So clutch, but not AJ Green Hail Mary vs Baltimore clutch. Not really as improbable, either. Hail Mary's are the lowest of the low % plays.

The catch wasn't really that difficult, as the DB just plays Tee's body and not the ball or his hands. The extension to get the TD is extraordinary, but once again, only possible because the defender doesn't play the ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, the Tyler Boyd catch in the same game was close. That required some focus and then great YAC after

It's honestly probably the tougher catch.  
Reply/Quote
Can't remember if it was a game winning score, but Jerome Simpson's front somersault into the endzone was pretty spectacular at the time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 09:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can't remember if it was a game winning score, but Jerome Simpson's front somersault into the endzone was pretty spectacular at the time.

I don't believe it was.  Certainly spectacular and the NFL still uses that clip in packages from time to time.  
Reply/Quote
Caldwell vs the Ravens...
The Flip by Simpson

Tees catch is up there
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Caldwell vs the Ravens...
The Flip by Simpson

Tees catch is up there

XenoMorph spitting facts. ThumbsUp

BTW, say it don't spray it. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nobody remembers the AJ Green TD that answered Steve Smith's long go ahead TD vs Baltimore in 2015? AJ Green's game tying hail Mary reception vs Baltimore in 2013? AJ Green dunking on Polamalu and Ryan Clark his rookie year? AJ's one handed hail Mary grab vs Cleveland.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Quite honestly - that was a very routine catch. I wouldn't really put it anywhere on the "most important" or "best" of all time.

The move after the catch was great.
Reply/Quote
I just got home and turned on the TV and the NFL channel was on from GMFB when I left this morning. The Bengals and Vikings game was on replay. It was late first quarter. Of course I dozed off on the couch but awoke and it was late in the third. Saw Tee Higgins TD and reach over the pylon. I’ve seen it countless times but this was the first time I noticed he had the incredible savvy and talent to switch the ball to the other hand and bend over the pylon.Hes a difference maker and I don’t know if we keep him but that play made him a boat load of money. Those plays are the difference in super bowls and conference titles.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
For me, it will always be the Jerome Simpson "flip." Just incredible with him sticking the landing. Tee will be my #2.
Reply/Quote
TB scoring the TD on 4th and forever to boot the Ravens out of the playoffs was pretty sweet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote