Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does the team sit post draft?
Chase is going to be in the slot a lot. I’d expect Burton to play some outside receiver. They will have to account for him. Double covering Chase is gone. Gesicki will also contribute there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 08:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He also needs to stay healthy.  Like Hudson, he isnt a great blocker but shows much more effort, and when he does catch the ball he runs hard like Hurst, but with more much more speed and agility.

I saw a couple clips of him hurdling dudes and Hurst was the first thing I thought of.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd like to see another running back brought in. I can't believe Williams and Evans have survived on the roster for as long as they have.
Reply/Quote
We’ll have to wait and see how it plays out. Pretty sure this time every year, everyone is penciling in rookies as improvements to their rosters but half will bust more likely than not (I’m old enough to remember when posters were penciling in Jackson Carmen as an improvement and starter without logging one snap). As long Burrow is healthy, we have a shot.
Reply/Quote
I think DE could be better with better health and if Murphy takes a second year jump.

Also what if Jackson Carman moved to LG and battled Volson out for it? Sorry I still love Carman's good violent plays.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow is Burrow then this is a generational offense. I'm talking 2007 Patriots, 98 Vikings, and 2013 Broncos level offense. With that being said none of those teams won a Superbowl because of defense or bad luck.

I'm more worried about the defense though at best I see an average defense. We need a top level player on that unit and we just don't have it. We have good to very good players but no truly great players.

Also Tee and Hendrickson situations are annoying me to not have a resolution on either player at this point is mind blowing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 09:48 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: We’ll have to wait and see how it plays out.  Pretty sure this time every year, everyone is penciling in rookies as improvements to their rosters but half will bust more likely than not (I’m old enough to remember when posters were penciling in Jackson Carmen as an improvement and starter without logging one snap).  As long Burrow is healthy, we have a shot.

Last year all our rookies besides Robbins shown good things. Carman is just a LT as he shown in the Playoffs. Good backup LT.

Sucks as I was a guy propping up Carman, but he just cannot play on the right side. Happy we have Trent Brown and even better Amarius 
Mims who can play on the right side at very high levels. Murphy, DJ Turner, Battle especially shown some good things last year and Iosivas 
and Chuck Sizzle still have a chance to shine.

I like the chances of this Draft this year being just as good down the road if not more so.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 06:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: While nothing is sure I suspect the IDL rotation is Rankins and Hill rotating as 3T and Jenkins and Jackson rotating as "NT". So I expect Jackson and Jenkins to get more snaps than some expect.

For Boyd's spot we have Gesicki (who basically lines up slot mostly anyway), Chuck Sizzle and even Burton as he gets acclimated to the NFL and readied to replace Tee.

It’s Rankins & Hill as starters. Jackson coming in situationally and Jenkins rotating in for Rankins & Hill. Chase and Gesicki will get a lot of slot action.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This team is in a better state than I thought it would be back in January.

Really, as good as you could hope for, IMHO. Offseason: nailed.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I'd say:

Unchanged: QB, DE, PK, LS.

Better: S, TE, 3T/DT, OT.

Worse: DT/NT, CB.

About this same: RB (more solid, less upside), WR (less solid, more upside), LB & G (thinner but mostly the same).

Edit: Punter & C could be upgrades, too.
Reply/Quote
People saying CB is worse is kind of interesting. Chidobe was not very good when he played last year. He gave up the worst passer rating of his career when targeted, almost double from what he had given up the year before. He missed more tackles than he had since his second year playing almost half the snaps.

Familiarity is nice, but in reality the difference between Turner and Awuzie as he played last year is not significant. Hopefully Turner is on the rise and is better by virtue of more experience. I'd have the CB room at pretty much the same.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 02:45 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I'd say:

Unchanged: QB, DE, PK, LS.

Better: S, TE, 3T/DT, OT.

Worse: DT/NT, CB.

About this same: RB (more solid, less upside), WR (less solid, more upside), LB & G (thinner but mostly the same).

Edit: Punter & C could be upgrades, too.

How could we have less upside at RB? Zack Moss is younger than Mixon and a much better blocker and runner out of the Shotgun and 
in short yardage. Chase Brown shown his talent as a rookie with crazy speed and acceleration. Don't you expect Chase Brown to be better
after his rookie year when he didn't get many opportunities?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 02:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: People saying CB is worse is kind of interesting. Chidobe was not very good when he played last year. He gave up the worst passer rating of his career when targeted, almost double from what he had given up the year before. He missed more tackles than he had since his second year playing almost half the snaps.

Familiarity is nice, but in reality the difference between Turner and Awuzie as he played last year is not significant. Hopefully Turner is on the rise and is better by virtue of more experience. I'd have the CB room at pretty much the same.

We also could very well add another Corner at any time. Agree even though I wanted to bring back Chido as he should be completely 
healed up now finally. Expecting Chido to have a good year with the Titans, but also expecting DJ Turner to really improve and CTB 
back to being a very good leader and player for us this year. 

Should be about the same or could improve with the youth growing as players, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 12:39 AM)J24 Wrote: Also Tee and Hendrickson situations are annoying me to not have a resolution on either player at this point is mind blowing.

Tee has been tagged and Trey signed an extension 9 months ago. They'll both be Bengals this season. That is the resolution.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 04:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tee has been tagged and Trey signed an extension 9 months ago. They'll both be Bengals this season. That is the resolution.

Yep

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How could we have less upside at RB? Zack Moss is younger than Mixon and a much better blocker and runner out of the Shotgun and 
in short yardage. Chase Brown shown his talent as a rookie with crazy speed and acceleration. Don't you expect Chase Brown to be better

Absolutely. People forget exactly what the draft is all about especially if a player doesn't produce like a 5 year veteran in year 1.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 12:39 AM)J24 Wrote: If Burrow is Burrow then this is a generational offense. I'm talking 2007 Patriots, 98 Vikings, and 2013 Broncos level offense. With that being said none of those teams won a Superbowl because of defense or bad luck.

I'm more worried about the defense though at best I see an average defense. We need a top level player on that unit and we just don't have it. We have good to very good players but no truly great players.

Also Tee and Hendrickson situations are annoying me to not have a resolution on either player at this point is mind blowing.

Resolution? Each player's resolution has already been confirmed. Up to them to quit their beetching, GTFU and bet on themselves for another contract. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 04:30 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Absolutely. People forget exactly what the draft is all about especially if a player doesn't produce like a 5 year veteran in year 1.

Expecting a lot more opportunities for Chase Brown this year for sure. Should be more of a RBBC this year, Mixon got a ton of snaps last season.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How could we have less upside at RB? Zack Moss is younger than Mixon and a much better blocker and runner out of the Shotgun and 

I should have been more precise. I think we have a higher floor but lower ceiling on the field. 

Mixon is a better player than Moss. Fairly handily in my view. Better receiver and a better runner in my view. But he's also more likely to miss a block and get us a negative play. Hope I am proven wrong. If you push me, I'd put RB & OG & WR & LB all in the "worse" bucket.

We have less playmaking upside. We have less boneheaded downside. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 04:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I should have been more precise. I think we have a higher floor but lower ceiling on the field. 

Mixon is a better player than Moss. Fairly handily in my view. Better receiver and a better runner in my view. But he's also more likely to miss a block and get us a negative play. Hope I am proven wrong. If you push me, I'd put RB & OG & WR & LB all in the "worse" bucket.

We have less playmaking upside. We have less boneheaded downside. 

Guess I could see that, but Mixon misses a lot of holes with poor vision and loses out on big plays at times because of his poor balance.

I agree that Mixon is more talented, especially as a pass catcher and playmaker in this regard though.

Might even out or be much more productive. I am guessing it will be more productive at RB this year.

We should also run the ball a lot more. It isn't saying a lot, we were about the worst rushing team in the NFL last year and ran it the least.
Reply/Quote