Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where is Ross?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26815593/ginn-nflers-race-40-yards-gold

You would think Ross would have been invited.
Reply/Quote
Who knows? You'd think they would ask him? Maybe he declined?
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 11:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who knows? You'd think they would ask him? Maybe he declined?

I'd rather have him just concentrate on playing football anyway.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 01:41 PM)McC Wrote: I'd rather have him just concentrate on playing football anyway.

End thread!
Reply/Quote
really? you want him risking injury in what amounts to a publicity stunt?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 02:21 PM)pally Wrote: really? you want him risking injury in what amounts to a publicity stunt?

That was initially my reaction too...then I thought about it more. If running in a straight line with no contact fast is a large injury risk for Ross...he's never going to make it in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
He would pull a hammy man....
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He would pull a hammy man....

We both know he would. That illustrates a huge issue. We don't have a legit #3 WR that can be counted on.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 02:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was initially my reaction too...then I thought about it more. If running in a straight line with no contact fast is a large injury risk for Ross...he's never going to make it in the NFL.

Exactly.  As a young man with much to prove, Ross should be chomping at the bit to have the opportunity to show the world that his combine 40 was no fluke.  Guys like Ted Ginn and Darrell Green don't need 6 weeks of track workouts to prepare for one 40 yard dash, as that is their natural talent and competitiveness that allows them to claim, issue challenges, and defend titles such as "NFL's fastest man".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 02:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We both know he would. That illustrates a huge issue. We don't have a legit #3 WR that can be counted on.

I am probably the biggest Ross defender on here but yeah, he needs to stay healthy and grow mentally before he can be counted on. Great talent, but until he can do these things you are correct. Morgan honestly could be a great grab, he is like the complete opposite of Ross.

Morgan is no freak athlete but he is polished and just solid.

We will see if he can get seperation at the NFL level though, this is yet to be seen.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 02:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was initially my reaction too...then I thought about it more. If running in a straight line with no contact fast is a large injury risk for Ross...he's never going to make it in the NFL.

He'd be better off practicing his route running and pass catching than training for a meaningless 40.   And straight line sprinting/racing when you don't do it regularly can produce injury simply by lack of proper technique.  Besides its not like his contemporaries are running in this thing. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: He'd be better off practicing his route running and pass catching than training for a meaningless 40.   And straight line sprinting/racing when you don't do it regularly can produce injury simply by lack of proper technique.  Besides its not like his contemporaries are running in this thing. 

All true.
Reply/Quote
You can have the fastest military jet in the world with awesome capabilities. But if your pilot is more consumed with speed than technic and survival, that jet is worthless. Ross needs to forget about shenanigan foot race competitions and sit his ass down and study that playbook. I’ll cheer him on when he makes a good play on the field. I’ll smh if he wins a stupid race which means nothing.

Reply/Quote
Saw a stat the other day, something like:

Ross would have led 18 teams in touchdowns last year, if he were on their team.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 06:41 PM)treee Wrote: Saw a stat the other day, something like:

Yeah but TO had 9 TDs here.  
Reply/Quote

Whoever came up with that idea never seen him run his routes.

Reply/Quote
Another popularity contest! What a novel idea! Why hasn't anyone ever thought of that before?  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Well that would be conjecture, not a statistic...
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 07:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whoever came up with that idea never seen him run his routes.

It's not an idea someone came up with.  It's a fact.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/mr-positive-ross-focused-on-having-the-right-mindset

Reply/Quote