Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where is that D*** Eric Weddle now?
To all of you honked off raising torches and pitchforks at Eric Weddle and shitting on him via sicial media... Why?

If we want people, especially public figures, to give us their honest thoughts and opinions about a game they were a great pro at, why get pissed off? Dude gave his take, it was off. What a cool thing that there are platforms for people to give fans interaction. Have fun with it and move on. Why be an asshole to the dude or have serious bad feelings towards him?

He was complimentary if Joey B when they met in the SB. He isn't some Bengal hating *****.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 04:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: To all of you honked off raising torches and pitchforks at Eric Weddle and shitting on him via sicial media... Why?

If we want people, especially public figures, to give us their honest thoughts and opinions about a game they were a great pro at, why get pissed off? Dude gave his take, it was off. What a cool thing that there are platforms for people to give fans interaction. Have fun with it and move on. Why be an asshole to the dude or have serious bad feelings towards him?

He was complimentary if Joey B when they met in the SB. He isn't some Bengal hating *****.

Because people who are supposed to be experts shouldn't be that completely wrong.  Also said they wouldn't be able to run the ball.  And every time Kay tried to bring up something he just tut tutted like she was a five year old.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 04:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: To all of you honked off raising torches and pitchforks at Eric Weddle and shitting on him via sicial media... Why?

Because it wasn't an honest thought or opinion. It was clearly him trying to get attention and clicks. No NFL player genuinely believes the other team has 0% chance of winning. He wanted the attention of saying something stupidly outlandish and then ran and hid once he was wrong. You think he's not out there banging his chest saying "I told you so!" if the Bengals would have lost?

For as stupidly annoying Sharpe, Stephen A. Smith, and Bayless are at least they show up the next day to work even when embarrassingly wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 05:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Because people who are supposed to be experts shouldn't be that completely wrong.  Also said they wouldn't be able to run the ball.  And every time Kay tried to bring up something he just tut tutted like she was a five year old.  

(01-26-2023, 05:28 PM)TheFan Wrote: Because it wasn't an honest thought or opinion. It was clearly him trying to get attention and clicks. No NFL player genuinely believes the other team has 0% chance of winning. He wanted the attention of saying something stupidly outlandish and then ran and hid once he was wrong. You think he's not out there banging his chest saying "I told you so!" if the Bengals would have lost?

For as stupidly annoying Sharpe, Stephen A. Smith, and Bayless are at least they show up the next day to work even when embarrassingly wrong. 

Look, obviously it was a bad take. The guy firmly planted a flag on the wrong soil.

These hot takes are fun. Why get steamed up? Eric Weddle said the Bengals had zero chance? Who the F cares? Certainly not anyone who had influence over the outcome of the game. And, if that dialed the Bengals up even more, I have genuine thanks to throw his way.

People get so shitty over another man's opinion and it's weird to me. I'm sorry, gang, but I'm extatic that the sports landscape today, with modern media, allows access to whatever these guys think and what they have to say. Bang a drum real loudly in their faces forntoo long and we go back to the Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman's of the world reading us scores and stats. Boring as hell compared to today.

I'm entertained regardless. We're all wired differently, so, obviously your opinions and feelings toward Weddle are what they are. I'm just too positive, happy, and successful of a person to let another man's opinion dominate how the F I feel about anything. He gambled on some extreme points and ideas and lost. Why get all genuinely pissed at that?

Also, pros miss picks all the time. The idea that he knows more about the outcome or should know more makes no sense. Bussin w the Boys podcast just had a former player say Bengals win in a stomp. I bet you have no probs w that? Why not? simply because you WANT that to happen or you agree. Come on, man.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:18 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Look, obviously it was a bad take. The guy firmly planted a flag on the wrong soil.

These hot takes are fun. Why get steamed up? Eric Weddle said the Bengals had zero chance? Who the F cares? Certainly not anyone who had influence over the outcome of the game. And, if that dialed the Bengals up even more, I have genuine thanks to throw his way.

People get so shitty over another man's opinion and it's weird to me. I'm sorry, gang, but I'm extatic that the sports landscape today, with modern media, allows access to whatever these guys think and what they have to say. Bang a drum real loudly in their faces forntoo long and we go back to the Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman's of the world reading us scores and stats. Boring as hell compared to today.

I'm entertained regardless. We're all wired differently, so, obviously your opinions and feelings toward Weddle are what they are. I'm just too positive, happy, and successful of a person to let another man's opinion dominate how the F I feel about anything. He gambled on some extreme points and ideas and lost. Why get all genuinely pissed at that?

Also, pros miss picks all the time. The idea that he knows more about the outcome or should know more makes no sense. Bussin w the Boys podcast just had a former player say Bengals win in a stomp. I bet you have no probs w that? Why not? simply because you WANT that to happen or you agree. Come on, man.

I generally agree with most of this, but that beard though.......that alone deserves to get dragged all over the Twitterverse.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:26 PM)JumboTron Wrote:  I generally agree with most of this, but that beard though.......that alone deserves to get dragged all over the Twitterverse.

Yeah, that's not his best look. Lumbersexual is so 2016.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:18 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Look, obviously it was a bad take. The guy firmly planted a flag on the wrong soil.

I don't even get what you're talking about lol I don't care what he says. I don't have a Twitter and outside of this forum thread I haven't had a second thought about what he said. 

Again, I don't care what he said, but I do think it's ***** behavior to say that and then disappear. Like I said in my original post in this thread, it has nothing to do with him saying the Bengals were going to lose and that the Oline was going to get dominated. Those are perfectly understandable takes. But to beat a drum about how they have 0 chance and then ghost is loserish. 

Clearly you didn't read my post because I already said I don't care about the Shannon Sharpes, Stephen A., and other hot takes which is all the media is nowadays. 
Reply/Quote

Why isn’t fan overreaction to his over the top take “part of the fun”?
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote