Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the praise for the prime time win?
This board is where negativity often dwells.. Occasionally it takes a break and goes to other teams sites, but it keeps a room always rented here.. I swear that if we won the super bowl 10 years straight there would still be the contingency of folks whining and complaining about any and everything..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ahh . Thursday Night Football is the red headed step child of primetime, don't mean much.
Reply/Quote
There were >8M viewers for that game.  Hardly primetime and Marv/Andy felt the lack of pressure.  

I'm going to start a thread praising Andy for wearing a white rubber wedding ring coordinated with the color rush uniforms.  He's so dreamy.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 12:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No praise for winning games that you're supposed to win.  It's called doing your job..

This is the way i feel. We win primetime games, the ones who say we don't are just foolish.

We just haven't won a Playoff game in forever and this needs to change. Big difference having Burfict back though people.

You could see after that pass break up how much he means to this team.

This Defense will be good with Burfict back.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 03:19 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm going to start a thread praising Andy for wearing a white rubber wedding ring coordinated with the color rush uniforms.  He's so dreamy.

You win this thread  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 12:57 AM)Beaker Wrote: But if they had lost, these posters would be lamenting how we suck in prime time.

We were 1-4 in prime-time last season, which included a win over a team that barely qualifies as NFL-caliber.  The argument that we stink in prime-time can be made even after we beat the Dolphins.  I ain't hatin', but we were bad in prime-time last year...thems the breaks. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 09:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We were 1-4 in prime-time last season, which included a win over a team that barely qualifies as NFL-caliber.  The argument that we stink in prime-time can be made even after we beat the Dolphins.  I ain't hatin', but we were bad in prime-time last year...thems the breaks. 

Again, early season tnf games against small market teams hardly constitute prime time. I'll have to look at the last few years, but I would congratulate them more on a quick turn around win than a 'prime time' win. 

Let's see how they do after Mikey sends them all over to London on coach.   Or how we do after our bye that Marvin giggles his way through a game plan.  

Bottom line, as many others have said, I'll praise them after a playoff win or maybe even a decent hire after the absence of one. 
Reply/Quote
Like others have said they won against Miami moving the ball between the 20's and kicking field goals. Hardly an impressive performance ! The defense played good, but again it was against Miami.

Let's take a look at our prime time record at the end of the season before we declare our PT curse over. And really until we win in the post season - does it matter ???
Reply/Quote
A win in the NFL is a great thing regardless of the opponent. That said, watching the Bengals offense left me with more questions than answers. The defense did what they SHOULD HAVE done the whole game except for one play.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: One of the doubters biggest contentions is that the Bengals cannot win in prime time. Where is the praise for proving that sentiment to be false?

This thread isn't going the way you anticipated it I bet? LOL
Reply/Quote
So when we lose in prime time the haters all say the loss is magnified and bigger because it was in prime time, but when we win in prime time the haters act like it is not magnified or a bigger accomplishment.

Same old haters gonna hate.
Reply/Quote
I guess it is a combination of several things:

1.) It was against a Dolphins team that should have lost three separate times to the Browns, at home, against a third string QB making his first start

2.)They were the road team on a short week

3.) The Bengals still had no running game, no red zone offense, and gave up another bomb.

I'm happy about the win, and maybe I jinxed this team by saying that I want them to be peaking in the post season and it doesn't matter how they look in the first quarter of the season. But they really need several key personnel to remove their heads from their rectum. (Coyle, Williams, Piano man, Bodine, Zeitler) And a couple of those guys are being paid very well....
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 10:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So when we lose in prime time the haters all say the loss is magnified and bigger because it was in prime time, but when we win in prime time the haters act like it is not magnified or a bigger accomplishment.

Same old haters gonna hate.

I mean, last year the Bengals destroyed the Browns on Thursday night.

And then played two more primetime games the next two weeks and lost them all. Against playoff teams.

And then lost to Denver on Monday night. So that's a 1-3 primetime record there. Well, 1-4 if you'd like to include the playoffs.

In 2014, the Bengals went 1-3 in primetime. 1-4 if you include playoffs.

In 2013, Bengals also went 1-3 in primetime. 1-4 if you include playoffs.

So the past 3 years, the Bengals have gone 3-9 in primetime games. Or 3-12 if you'd like to include the playoffs.

So right now, even after the win, the Bengals have a 4-12 primetime/playoff record. Or 4-9. Whichever you want.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 02:53 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, last year the Bengals destroyed the Browns on Thursday night.

And then played two more primetime games the next two weeks and lost them all. Against playoff teams.

And then lost to Denver on Monday night. So that's a 1-3 primetime record there. Well, 1-4 if you'd like to include the playoffs.

In 2014, the Bengals went 1-3 in primetime. 1-4 if you include playoffs.

In 2013, Bengals also went 1-3 in primetime. 1-4 if you include playoffs.

So the past 3 years, the Bengals have gone 3-9 in primetime games. Or 3-12 if you'd like to include the playoffs.

So right now, even after the win, the Bengals have a 4-12 primetime/playoff record. Or 4-9. Whichever you want.

Don't know what your point is.

If prime time losses are magnified and bigger than non-primetime losses then that means this primetime victory over the Dolphins should be magnified and bigger.  Yet, all I am hearing from the haters is that this win over the Dolphins is "no big deal".

My point is that you can not make a big deal out of prime time losses if you are not going to make a big deal out of prime time victories.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know what your point is.

If prime time losses are magnified and bigger than non-primetime losses then that means this primetime victory over the Dolphins should be magnified and bigger.  Yet, all I am hearing from the haters is that this win over the Dolphins is "no big deal".

My point is that you can not make a big deal out of prime time losses if you are not going to make a big deal out of prime time victories.

I believe 4-12 speaks for itself and that's just the recent record. Our overall record under mediocre Marv is horrible as well.

We still continue to fold against the big dawgs and when it counts under the lights. Not hard to understand why people aren't going to march down Main St. and have a ticker tape parade just yet.
Reply/Quote
It skundike people are just sliding the scale on our suckitude in primetime.

Whatever a win's a win. Day or night; whether the opponent is good or bad.

They needed that win, and got it. They need one this week too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 03:20 PM)jason Wrote: It skundike people are just sliding the scale on our suckitude in primetime.

Whatever a win's a win. Day or night; whether the opponent is good or bad.

They needed that win, and got it. They need one this week too.
By "skundike", I mean "seems like".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 03:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe 4-12 speaks for itself and that's just the recent record. Our overall record under mediocre Marv is horrible as well.

We still continue to fold against the big dawgs and when it counts under the lights. Not hard to understand why people aren't going to march down Main St. and have a ticker tape parade just yet.

Again i don't know what your point is.

If prime time losses are bigger and more important than other losses then a primetime win has to be bigger and more important that other wins, correct?

You will admit that this win over the Dolphins was more important than other wins because it was in prime time, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 01:57 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Again, early season tnf games against small market teams hardly constitute prime time. 

So MNF against the jags would not be considered primetime since they are small market? Any game that is not a 1pm or 4 pm start is usually considered a prime time game...regardless of opponent.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 03:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We still continue to fold against the big dawgs

Over that last three seasons only three teams have a higher winning percentage against teams that finish with a winning record than the Bengals (.524) and only 2 teams have more wins against teams that made the playoffs.  The Bengals have 10 which is only one behind the Seahawks and Broncos who each have 11.
Reply/Quote