Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's The Beef? Mock. Bored on a Saturday.
Ran this one using FanSpeak

1st. Mike McGlinchey, OT - Notre Dame

2nd. Trey Adams, OT - Washington

3rd. Martez Ivey, G/T - Florida

Yes, it's a lot of draft capital to throw at one problem, but our line is horrendous and we need a major talent infusion in this area. Most other areas are decent enough, and you can find other positions later on in the draft. Finding talent on the line is hard, and most of the elite ones are off the board early.

3rd ( comp ) - Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State

An all around tight end who will help either brace the blow of losing Eifert or will be a nice option if Eifert goes down with an injury.

4th - Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State

Will probably move up draft boards quickly, but he's the prototype linebacker and would be a nice addition to the linebacking group.

5th- Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

5th ( comp ) - Tyree Robinson, S, Oregon

6th - Mike McCray, EDGE, Michigan

7th - Austin Golson, C, Auburn

7th - Linell Bonner, WR, Houston
Reply/Quote
I would be cool with that. Good job!
Reply/Quote
Shew caught myself, I was gonna say I'm doing another draft but I just can't do it. It's seriously addicting to me. I must have done over 200 Mock drafts leading up to this past draft. The misses thinks I'm nuts, but man I freakin love doing mocks. I'm easily entertained.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 01:19 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Shew caught myself, I was gonna say I'm doing another draft but I just can't do it. It's seriously addicting to me. I must have done over 200 Mock drafts leading up to this past draft. The misses thinks I'm nuts, but man I freakin love doing mocks. I'm easily entertained.

I'm the exact same way. I'm a big college fan, too, so I like to see the ups and downs of draft stock over the course of the season. Most of these guys jump up boards, so it's an inexact science, but it's still fun. 
Reply/Quote
I'll take it!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 04:27 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Ran this one using FanSpeak

Yes, it's a lot of draft capital to throw at one problem, but our line is horrendous and we need a major talent infusion in this area. Most other areas are decent enough, and you can find other positions later on in the draft. Finding talent on the line is hard, and most of the elite ones are off the board early.

An all around tight end who will help either brace the blow of losing Eifert or will be a nice option if Eifert goes down with an injury.

Will probably move up draft boards quickly, but he's the prototype linebacker and would be a nice addition to the linebacking group.

Getting both McGlinchey and Adams would be nice.
Gesicki is a sound selection to (I assume) replace Eifert and Baker would be a sound selection to (I assume) replace Minter.

Two big questions I have:
What's the solution at C? If the plan is to have TJ Johnson replace Bodine and then Golson back him up, that might be acceptable. I assume then that Ivey would be the starting RG?
Is Dalton still the starting QB? If he keeps performing like he has this season, is he worth keeping around when this looks like a strong QB draft?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Getting both McGlinchey and Adams would be nice.
Gesicki is a sound selection to (I assume) replace Eifert and Baker would be a sound selection to (I assume) replace Minter.

Two big questions I have:
What's the solution at C? If the plan is to have TJ Johnson replace Bodine and then Golson back him up, that might be acceptable. I assume then that Ivey would be the starting RG?
Is Dalton still the starting QB? If he keeps performing like he has this season, is he worth keeping around when this looks like a strong QB draft?

It would definitely be light on C, but you would hope that either through free agency or some other avenue we could piece it together. C just isn't a strong crop in this year's draft it seems. 

FA has the following available: Weston Richburg, Travis Swanson, and Corey Linsley appear to be the top guys there.

I think it would be easier to procure one of these guys, then draft heavy for T and G, but I'm sure it will change over time. Ivey can play G and T, so perhaps it would be better to change part of that up and go with a different position elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 01:19 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Shew caught myself, I was gonna say I'm doing another draft but I just can't do it. It's seriously addicting to me. I must have done over 200 Mock drafts leading up to this past draft. The misses thinks I'm nuts, but man I freakin love doing mocks. I'm easily entertained.

Dude, wife just yelled at me Sunday because she said all I care about is football. She wanted me to take down a treadmill during a game. Geez. Just couldn't do it.

Edit: And it was the Browns/Colts game at that? Gotta choose my battles more wisely.

Reply/Quote

Honestly, I like your approach at attacking the problem and hitting it hard. Still SMH at WTF Marvin and crew were thinking going into this draft after losing Whit and Zeitler. I rank that choice up there with drinking and driving.

Reply/Quote

Honestly, I like your approach at attacking the problem and hitting it hard. Still SMH at WTF Marvin and crew were thinking going into this draft after losing Whit and Zeitler. I rank that choice up there with drinking and driving.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:34 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: It would definitely be light on C, but you would hope that either through free agency or some other avenue we could piece it together. C just isn't a strong crop in this year's draft it seems. 

FA has the following available: Weston Richburg, Travis Swanson, and Corey Linsley appear to be the top guys there.

I think it would be easier to procure one of these guys, then draft heavy for T and G, but I'm sure it will change over time. Ivey can play G and T, so perhaps it would be better to change part of that up and go with a different position elsewhere.

Yes, they definitely need to draft well at OL, because attaining OL in FA isn't going to be an option.  Don't forget that this is contract year for both Geno and Carlos.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, they definitely need to draft well at OL, because attaining OL in FA isn't going to be an option.  Don't forget that this is contract year for both Geno and Carlos.

If the Bengals would be willing to actually cut bait with some of their underperforming veterans who are in the last year of their contracts (MJ, Adam Jones, LaFell), they would have enough money to sign one very good OL. If they cut/trade Dalton, they'd be able to afford another.

Chances are though that these players will continue to suck up $$ because of Brown's willingness to honor contracts, and the Bengals will have to yet again rely on the draft.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:34 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: It would definitely be light on C, but you would hope that either through free agency or some other avenue we could piece it together. C just isn't a strong crop in this year's draft it seems. 

I agree on the FA center. I really believe the Bengals would be worlds better if they had a center who was at least in the top half of starting centers.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote