Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the cuts?
We're more than happy to let our better players walk, so what is taking so long on cutting the players that sucks.

Rey Malaluga
Michael Johnson
Pacman
Peko
Pat sims.

Frees up some of Mike browns precious money, and cuts some dead weight. If we only cut one person, it needs to be malaluga
Not only is he not really that good, but he's an absolute liability. Same goes for peko.

The teams more than ready to let good players walk, so here's an idea. Free up some Cap space and get these losers off the team.
Reply/Quote
Don't hold your breathe. The only thing Mike Brown hates more than paying players is cutting them and paying them not play. Besides, cutting players doesn't mean we're going to sign anyone of significance. That would eat into our comp picks for next year as well as Mike Brown's checking account.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:48 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: We're more than happy to let our better players walk, so what is taking so long on cutting the players that sucks.

Rey Malaluga
Michael Johnson
Pacman
Peko
Pat sims.

Frees up some of Mike browns precious money, and cuts some dead weight. If we only cut one person, it needs to be malaluga
Not only is he not really that good, but he's an absolute liability. Same goes for peko.

The teams more than ready to let good players walk, so here's an idea. Free up some Cap space and get these losers off the team.

You have to eat up cap space without signing good players somehow.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I hear the Bengals' Front Office is always trying to cut corners -- but Pacman Jones is still on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hear the Bengals' Front Office is always trying to cut corners -- but Pacman Jones is still on the roster.

Pacman's been redeemed.  Again and again and...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hear the Bengals' Front Office is always trying to cut corners -- but Pacman Jones is still on the roster.

Still awaiting the trial. I'm sure the 'spitee' will settle out of court...then gotta wait on the league punishment. So, it is a waiting game...but at least Burfict isn't the Bengals suspended player this next season......yet  Mellow

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:48 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: We're more than happy to let our better players walk, so what is taking so long on cutting the players that sucks.

Rey Malaluga
Michael Johnson
Pacman
Peko
Pat sims.

Here's the thing, they don't like to cut players under contract.  Of the list that you gave, I can agree with all being good candidates to release back into the open market.

However, Maualuga is a favorite with the kids, team likely feels like he puts people in the seats.  Too bad it's not adults wanting to watch him destroy the opposition. 

Michael Johnson, they feel like they are getting good value for the money out of him.  We should just be counting our blessings that Hunt is on the open market. 

Adam Jones is also a tremendous value for the money at his position.  NFL.com had him rated as one of the top 5 (I believe) CBs of 2016.  Even though he is a piece of garbage as a person, his play on the field (aside from helping to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory in a playoff game) is a steal.  And until either WJIII emerges as the next great thing, or Dennard comes out in camp and blows everyone away, we will be stuck with Jones. 

Peko is way past overdone, he should have been let go or retired a couple of years ago.  Again, kids love him. 

Pat Sims?  Why the hell is he even still around?

That is my opinion, anyway.  However, the only caveat that I would apply to this situation, is that if they draft some rookies at those positions that come to camp and absolutely blow the doors off of any of the incumbents, you might see someone cut.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the thing, they don't like to cut players under contract.  Of the list that you gave, I can agree with all being good candidates to release back into the open market.

However, Maualuga is a favorite with the kids, team likely feels like he puts people in the seats.  Too bad it's not adults wanting to watch him destroy the opposition. 

Michael Johnson, they feel like they are getting good value for the money out of him.  We should just be counting our blessings that Hunt is on the open market. 

Adam Jones is also a tremendous value for the money at his position.  NFL.com had him rated as one of the top 5 (I believe) CBs of 2016.  Even though he is a piece of garbage as a person, his play on the field (aside from helping to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory in a playoff game) is a steal.  And until either WJIII emerges as the next great thing, or Dennard comes out in camp and blows everyone away, we will be stuck with Jones. 

Peko is way past overdone, he should have been let go or retired a couple of years ago.  Again, kids love him. 

Pat Sims?  Why the hell is he even still around?

That is my opinion, anyway.  However, the only caveat that I would apply to this situation, is that if they draft some rookies at those positions that come to camp and absolutely blow the doors off of any of the incumbents, you might see someone cut.

If any one goes to the game to see Maualuga I want them tested for

A. Mental deficiencies
B. Drugs
C. Some relation to him
D. All the above.
Reply/Quote
Peko is a free agent he doesn't have to be cut

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:15 PM)pally Wrote: Peko is a free agent he doesn't have to be cut

Hoping the vikings snap him up.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: Hoping the vikings snap him up.

Would we get a 7th round comp for him?   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote