Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the innovation ?
(10-02-2019, 01:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's what I'm saying, thank you

I'm not expecting miracles behind this Oline, to say the least. But for crying out loud try something else, roll the QB out, run some two back sets, put in an extra Olinemen, I dunno something ?

And just for the record this wasn't intended to dog ZT out. He's got a long row to hoe.

Yeah, I'd try about anything at this point, but if they continue to "block" LOL like they did at Pittsburgh, don't expect much.

Our only hope is that Cordy Glenn and Redmond can at least slow down the bleeding.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon.. That's not us! The team we've been following this season isn't us.. 
Translation: The Bengals are in denial and seem to think that some other team has done a Vulcan mind meld on them and it's 53 other guys out there instead of players actually paid by the Cincinnati Bengals Inc. Nope..That's not us. If it were us the Cincinnati Bengals Inc. would be paying 53 guys from theBengalsboard.com to play football instead of the schlubs that are actually allegedly playing football. 
We just gotta post better.. That's the ticket!  WE JUST GOTTA POST BETTER!  The actual Bengals on the other hand?  Go join a beer league and play softball or better yet..Pro Candyland! 
Personally I think they're playing 7 on 11 thinking they're still practicing and forget it's an actual "game"  they're supposed to be playing. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I'd try about anything at this point, but if they continue to "block" LOL like they did at Pittsburgh, don't expect much.

Our only hope is that Cordy Glenn and Redmond can at least slow down the bleeding.

Never thought I'd be saying this, especially about Redmond, but fingers crossed both of them are back next week and can at least turn this Oline from from sucks ass bad to barely acceptable. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Never thought I'd be saying this, especially about Redmond, but fingers crossed both of them are back next week and can at least turn this Oline from from sucks ass bad to barely acceptable. 

Put Redmond in a different uniform and hope the refs don't notice he's a Bengals player so he can hold with impunity. He seemed to be good at holding last year. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We can't block for more than 2 seconds. You have to have players to be creative. Seriously coaches are not miracle workers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We can't block for more than 2 seconds. You have to have players to be creative.  Seriously coaches are not miracle workers.

It's as if our offensive line coach...who the staff hired isn't good???

When 2 guys block 1 guy, while letting another guy run free...that's a major issue.
Reply/Quote
Proof that this isn't us..https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1175986668484136961?s=20
See? Bengals offensive line took off a play to stand in for the Eagles to take off at least one play..  If that didn't look like the Bengals offensive line then no line does..  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
When we're winning our 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years...we'll be laughing about these moments.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When we're winning our 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years...we'll be laughing about these moments.

I must be the odd man out.. I'm most definitely laughing at this alleged football team..

Reply/Quote
The advertising of the innovation vs reality, as shown below

[Image: 5262d8943df2b6bfb8ae35e37538b7d9.jpg]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The thing is: Boling and Glenn weren't great last year. Glenn had the worst rating of his career. Boling regressed too.

I think me and Shake agree that IF Boling and Glenn were both healthy, that 1 was getting cut.

And re: Boling - They knew BEFORE the draft that he was retiring. Signing a Saffold or drafting a Guard in the 2nd Round...would have helped. Instead...we got a blocking TE.

We don't know exactly when they knew. They might not have known until after FA started. As for drafting a guard in the 2nd round, who should have been selected?

Guards drafted between Drew Sample and Michael Jordan who have played this season:
Max Scharping - below 60 pff grade
Michael Deiter - below 40 pff grade(!)
Nate Davis - below 50 pff grade(!)

Connor McGovern has a 60 pff rating but he's playing C.

Point being that it wasn't like there were any good options for LG available in the draft without drafting UP in Rd 2 to get one of Ford or Risner.  The Broncos "stole" Risner the pick before the Bengals and it was rumored the Bengals were going to take one of Risner or Ford if they fell to Bengals. Problem with Bengals is they don't seem to ever be willing to trade up on Day 1 or Day 2, only Day 3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Andy Dalton does limit your scheme versatility. He is not mobile in the pocket. He doesn't really take off an run much or well. He can't really throw on the run and his roll out plays don't go as well as you'd hope.

Would like for them to put Finley in this week. He can survive the collapsing pocket much better than Dalton. If they don't make that change soon, it wont matter because Dalton gonna get hurt and there will be no choice but to put Finley in. Would much rather them do it while his head is still intact.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Didn't the Steelers run the pistol or whatever on MNF, something out of their wheelhouse ? With that RB taking the snap out of the shotgun QB position ?

My point is doing something besides drop AD back in a 5 step drop to get killed every play !
Yep, the Wildcat. I think maybe Boyd would be our best option in that scenario. Would have been Sanu.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We don't know exactly when they knew. They might not have known until after FA started. As for drafting a guard in the 2nd round, who should have been selected?

Guards drafted between Drew Sample and Michael Jordan who have played this season:

Point being that it wasn't like there were any good options for LG available in the draft without drafting UP in Rd 2 to get one of Ford or Risner.  The Broncos "stole" Risner the pick before the Bengals and it was rumored the Bengals were going to take one of Risner or Ford if they fell to Bengals. Problem with Bengals is they don't seem to ever be willing to trade up on Day 1 or Day 2, only Day 3.

Boy, I mocked Deiter to us this winter....seems like we may have dodged my bullet there....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We don't know exactly when they knew. They might not have known until after FA started. As for drafting a guard in the 2nd round, who should have been selected?

I'm not sure how hard they tried in terms of what they were offering, or if the other teams were just committed to staying where they were.

But the Bengals did try to trade up in the 2nd to get one of those offensive linemen.   Being unable they traded down to get their next target.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:22 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm not sure how hard they tried in terms of what they were offering, or if the other teams were just committed to staying where they were.

But the Bengals did try to trade up in the 2nd to get one of those offensive linemen.   Being unable they traded down to get their next target.

Fair.
They may "try" but it hasn't actually happened. One must assume they aren't offering enough. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Great point about the tempo. Sometimes it can be an equalizer for talent deficiencies. You get a defense on its heels and sucking wind, it absolutely helps your team. Just gotta execute. The only negative is if you're constantly 3 and out. Then it has that effect on your defense.

When we run hurry up and let Dalton audible it seems to do much better than our slow paced crap. Andy always seems to be better in hurry up. Why do we keep him out of that?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 07:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When we run hurry up and let Dalton audible it seems to do much better than our slow paced crap. Andy always seems to be better in hurry up. Why do we keep him out of that?

I have said for a number of years now that I have thought Dalton seemed to be better when we were in uptempo hurry up like offense. I realize the line sucks but that has been my observation of Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 07:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When we run hurry up and let Dalton audible it seems to do much better than our slow paced crap. Andy always seems to be better in hurry up. Why do we keep him out of that?

Probably because our defense would be on the field for 90% of the game. 
Reply/Quote

Is 3 and out not enough hurry up for you reuben? Ninja

But yeah, been saying the same thing for a few years now. May as well try it and hopefully score a lot because our D is going to need it.

Reply/Quote