Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Where will the Bengals open 2015?
If they open at home, it won't be vs Denver or Washington as Denver will host the Thursday Night Opener and the "home" game vs the Redskins is Week #8 in London.

Here is how I see at least the first 4 weeks of the season:

Remaining home opponents: CLE, PIT, BAL, PHI, BUF, MIA

Week 1  Home (Reds away)
Week 2  Away (Reds home)
Week 3  Home (Reds away)
Week 4  Away (Reds home)

Where do you think the Bengals will open 2016? Just over 3 weeks away from schedule release.
Reply/Quote
With Vontaze out the first 3 weeks, I'd say week 1 vs pitt, weeK 2 @ pitt. NFL screws us again!
Reply/Quote
I say @ Oakland as the 2015 season has been played and that is exactly what happened....
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 10:02 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I say @ Oakland as the 2015 season has been played and that is exactly what happened....

lol

I think the 2016 season will open @PIT. 1) The NFL hates us, so they want us to play pittsburgh w/o Burfict 2) The NFL hates us, so they want us to open away (like we have the last billion years)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Guess on here is as good as anybody's else.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have opened the season on the road 6 or 7 years in a row and I don't see that trend changing.

It won't be against Pittsburgh because the NFL is going to want those two games being one in the middle of the season and the second one being the final game. Although I saw an article picking the Steelers and Ravens finishing number 1 and 2 most likely with the Bengals a distant third so maybe they have the Steelers play the Browns while the Bengals get the Ravens at the end of the season. You know, how it always is so the Steelers get an easy game headed to the playoffs?

No, I think the Bengals play the Browns in Cleveland to start the season like in 2011.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 09:59 PM)YoungThundercat Wrote: With Vontaze out the first 3 weeks, I'd say week 1 vs pitt, weeK 2 @ pitt. NFL screws us again!

Lol, wouldn't be surprised, but there's one thing the NFL values over playing favorites. Money.

I also wouldn't be surprised if both Bengals vs Steelers games are nationally televised, both after Week 3, and the second one is in the last two weeks. Whichever seems more likely to be when the division is on the line. They'll be simultaneously condemning the violence, and praying for it to happen to bring in all the ratings. Money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm going with the Steelers or Patriots.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
It will be Philadelphia at home.
Reply/Quote
Away. Always away.
Reply/Quote
At Baltimore is always a decent bet. Seems like we open against them all the damn time.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have opened 10 of the past 12 seasons on the road ('07 & '09 the exceptions and I was at both of those games). So I would say Bengals are long overdue for a home opener in Week #1.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 10:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think the 2016 season will open @PIT. 1) The NFL hates us, so they want us to play pittsburgh w/o Burfict 2) The NFL hates us, so they want us to open away (like we have the last billion years)

(03-27-2016, 06:46 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Bengals have opened 10 of the past 12 seasons on the road ('07 & '09 the exceptions and I was at both of those games). So I would say Bengals are long overdue for a home opener in Week #1.

Maybe it's a compromise between those two points and we open at home against Pittsburgh. We are so ovredue for a home opener. Maybe a Sunday Night game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I still think try to milk the Hue/Cleveland thing to make it seem as if there's some festering sore spot between Hue and Marvin..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 10:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: lol

I think the 2016 season will open @PIT. 1) The NFL hates us, so they want us to play pittsburgh w/o Burfict 2) The NFL hates us, so they want us to open away (like we have the last billion years)

I don't mind it that much. I would rather close out regular at home vs opening. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 09:01 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: If they open at home, it won't be vs Denver or Washington as Denver will host the Thursday Night Opener and the "home" game vs the Redskins is Week #8 in London.

Week 1  Home (Reds away)
Week 2  Away (Reds home)
Week 3  Home (Reds away)
Week 4  Away (Reds home)

Where do you think the Bengals will open 2016? Just over 3 weeks away from schedule release.

I would also guess @ Pitt week 1. No way they don't have us play them first three weeks. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 09:01 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: If they open at home, it won't be vs Denver or Washington as Denver will host the Thursday Night Opener and the "home" game vs the Redskins is Week #8 in London.

Week 1  Home (Reds away)
Week 2  Away (Reds home)
Week 3  Home (Reds away)
Week 4  Away (Reds home)

@ Denver

or the Ravens we always seem to play them early.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 03:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: @ Denver

or the Ravens we always seem to play them early.

Denver comes here and we go to Houston.
Reply/Quote