Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where will the Bengals open 2017?
1st 4 weeks I say will be Home-Away-Away-Home (Reds home 9/17 & 9/24)

I predict we host Indy in the opener. We are long overdue for a Week #1 home opener.
Reply/Quote
Indeed long overdue. I was told they should* have opened up at home a year ago, too, with the Reds on the road.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Not in Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Indy is usually the final preseason game. I think we open with the Lions.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We won't have a home opener for another 3 years at least.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 01:08 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Indy is usually the final preseason game. I think we open with the Lions.

2012 Eagles @ Browns was Week #4 preseason game. 10 days later, that exact same matchup was a Week #1 regular season game..
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals keep Adam Jones and he is suspended, putzburgh.
Reply/Quote
I actually think opening on the road isn't terrible. Think of it this way: the first game of the regular season is huge for ALL TEAMS. Everyone is jacked and fired up because they are playing their first real game in a year. So you open up on the road, but who cares? The team is primed and pumped. You go to week 2 or 3 and you finally get your home opener which is now special because your home team crowd is pumped for the first real game at home.

Beating the Jets last year in NEW JERSEY on the anniversary of 9/11 was huge. That showed me they can win anywhere (almost). Hell, I hope if they open the year away it's in Pittsburgh, Green Bay or Denver.
Reply/Quote
On the road against Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
I don't know the teams we play, but I'll say it's a nfc team
Reply/Quote
Goodell must believe that us opening at home will make the baby Jesus cry.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We open at home, Monday Night Football against Pittsburgh because Pacman will be suspended and we'll be still be nursing inevitable training camp/preseason injuries
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 10:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Goodell must believe that us opening at home will make the baby Jesus cry.

I think baby Jesus is still packed up with the rest of the Christmas decorations that time of year..it's not till it's really cold when people start leaving the half naked baby and the rest of those homeless guys lit up in their front yard. Some people call them nativity scenes.. I prefer to call them brazen displays of homelessness in the worse possible locations. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote