Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will we be drafting?
Anybody know or is it still too early?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
24th.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 06:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: 24th.

TY. 

Didn't really want to start a whole thread about it but didn't really see anywhere else to ask the question.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Maybe we've been so good at drafting recently due to being in the same spot in the order year after year. Give ir take a spot or three. It's their comfort zone, maybe?
Reply/Quote
You gotta love our draft positions.

2012: 21st (traded to New England)
2013: 21st
2014: 24th
2015: 21st
2016: 24th
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You gotta love our draft positions.

Thats what you get for being one and done as the 3rd/6th seed all the time  Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You gotta love our draft positions.

One of these years, just for the hell of it, we need to try on the 32nd spot, just to see how it fits.

Reply/Quote
I don't see that drafting low is such a bad thing. Most of the lousy teams tend to reach year after year for the guys who have a great last season in college and fizzel out whereas teams who have to draft lower, 20th and below have to do their homework a bit more and find players who might last a bit longer with fewer character issues. Like kids in a candy store the lousy teams will reach for the latest shiny object. But hey, maybe the Bengals will tank just one season just to nab top picks.
Funny that I used to think that way hoping we'd come in dead last just to get the best picks. It feels like a million years ago that I thought that way..
Perhaps it has been the success the Bengals have had recently that forced them to get better at drafting players as if had they not had the success they would still be reaching for the latest and greatest flops..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 02:56 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't see that drafting low is such a bad thing.  Most of the lousy teams tend to reach year after year for the guys who have a great last season in college and fizzel out whereas teams who have to draft lower, 20th and below have to do their homework a bit more and find players who might last a bit longer with fewer character issues.  Like kids in a candy store the lousy teams will reach for the latest shiny object. But hey, maybe the Bengals will tank just one season just to nab top picks.
Funny that I used to think that way hoping we'd come in dead last just to get the best picks. It feels like a million years ago that I thought that way..
Perhaps it has been the success the Bengals have had recently that forced them to get better at drafting players as if had they not had the success they would still be reaching for the latest and greatest flops..

Yeah, it really sucks we managed to get AJ Green at #4 when we could have done our homework and taken Johnathan Baldwin at 24, or something. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote