Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whether we get a bye with help or play the wild card, Andy will play
I just dont see him or the team letting coaches sit him if hes even close to healed. i still have hope.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I kinda agree with this. Especially if he gets his cast off this week.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Have you ever tried to throw a ball with a broken finger? Let alone your thumb?

It all depends if he can grip the ball. It's going to be tough, but still possible. Takes 3-6 weeks to heal.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't get your hopes up.
Reply/Quote
Yes. The team is so good we can win a playoff game with a QB that has a history in big games of not playing well, coming from not having played a snap in 3-4 weeks not having 100% grip in his throwing hand.
But please do tell me how the team is going to start Andy no matter what.

Yet AJ McCarron plays 4 quarters of mistake free football where if our kicker hadn't missed a FG we win this game against the number 1 defense in the NFL playing in their house with their playoffs on the line.

People are such homers it's actually baffling.

Criticize Andy and you're a Bengals hater but let's blame the backup QB who did nothing wrong. How about the glaring fact that in every big game this year when we needed our defense to get a stop at the end they absolutely folded. Why is that?

Denver and Arizona arguably two best teams we played this year we needed a stop and the opposing offenses marched right down the field and scored the winning field goal. Denver gifted us and we immediately let them waltz right down the field again.

Other good coach teams will mimic those drives and we will have to stand around defenseless to do a thing. Why? Because this team has some garbage players they refuse to get rid of...Tate, Nugent, Lemur, Vinny Rey, Peko...every single time Lemur and Vinny Rey are in teams throw right at them. I bet they chuckle watching those guys on film. I knew at the end Owen Daniels was going to burn us. Kubiak...the coach who beat us in Houston over and over again. Same ole' Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:01 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes.  The team is so good we can win a playoff game with a QB that has a history in big games of not playing well, coming from not having played a snap in 3-4 weeks not having 100% grip in his throwing hand.  

Yet AJ McCarron plays 4 quarters of mistake free football where if our kicker hadn't missed a FG we win this game against the number 1 defense in the NFL playing in their house with their playoffs on the line.  

Criticize Andy and you're a Bengals hater but let's blame the backup QB who did nothing wrong.  How about the glaring fact that in every big game this year when we needed our defense to get a stop at the end they absolutely folded.  Why is that?  

Denver and Arizona arguably two best teams we played this year we needed a stop and the opposing offenses marched right down the field and scored the winning field goal.  Denver gifted us and we immediately let them waltz right down the field again.  

Other good coach teams will mimic those drives and we will have to stand around defenseless to do a thing.  Why?  Because this team has some garbage players they refuse to get rid of...Tate, Nugent, Lemur, Vinny Rey, Peko...every single time Lemur and Vinny Rey are in teams throw right at them.  I bet they chuckle watching those guys on film.  I knew at the end Owen Daniels was going to burn us.  Kubiak...the coach who beat us in Houston over and over again.  Same ole' Bengals.

To be fair....I've never seen you upset at the defense when that happened when 14 was behind center.

The guy had an MVP like season going, there is a reason people want him to play.  The wilting narrative is played out.  He led us to an OT victory over Seattle, he had some game winning drives, we blew out who we were supposed to, played a couple of the best teams in the league to the wire, and had one hiccup game (that featured several bad drops)....but you don't have an agenda when it comes to the QB Rolleyes

I haven't really seen anyone blame McCarron, just pointing out that he isn't the second coming of Joe Montana yet, despite the strong desire from a few on here who want it be true because they have issues with Dalton.  

Personally, I want either one of them to become Montana, but right now, Dalton is our best hope.  Only someone who refuses to acknowledge reality doesn't see this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:01 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes.  The team is so good we can win a playoff game with a QB that has a history in big games of not playing well, coming from not having played a snap in 3-4 weeks not having 100% grip in his throwing hand.  

Criticize Andy and you're a Bengals hater but let's blame the backup QB who did nothing wrong.  How about the glaring fact that in every big game this year when we needed our defense to get a stop at the end they absolutely folded.  Why is that?  

Denver and Arizona arguably two best teams we played this year we needed a stop and the opposing offenses marched right down the field and scored the winning field goal.  Denver gifted us and we immediately let them waltz right down the field again.  

Other good coach teams will mimic those drives and we will have to stand around defenseless to do a thing.  Why?  Because this team has some garbage players they refuse to get rid of...Tate, Nugent, Lemur, Vinny Rey, Peko...every single time Lemur and Vinny Rey are in teams throw right at them.  I bet they chuckle watching those guys on film.  I knew at the end Owen Daniels was going to burn us.  Kubiak...the coach who beat us in Houston over and over again.  Same ole' Bengals.

How are the Bengals going to start an injured Dalton over a healthy McCarron?  Because an injured Dalton is still better than a healthy McCarron RIGHT NOW.  McCarron has the tools and the promise to be a good QB.  That takes experience though, and he doesn't have it.  The prime example, in my opinion, is Dalton's ability to read pre-snap coverages and audible out of plays.  How many times have we seen McCarron do that in the 3 games that he has played?  Not many.  He takes the play given to him and runs it regardless.  In the second half, we had a run called and Denver stacked 8 in the box.  Perfect opportunity to audible into a play-action pass.  Dalton would have.  McCarron didn't.  The simple truth is that our best bet at ending our postseason futility is with Andy behind center. 

Yes, the defense folded.  They let Denver's offense march right down the field to open the second half and they let them march down the field on Denver's last possession in regulation and their drive in OT.  But they also got stops.  In the second half, they got Denver off the field on 3 consecutive three and outs.  They forced a fumble in the fourth quarter.  And what did the offense do with those opportunities?  Nothing.  That's largely on McCarron.  In the second half, Denver's D rattled him.  I think Dalton would have done better.  You can bring up Dalton's failures in primetime, but the fact is that he played one of his best games all season on SNF against arguably the best team in the NFC.  

The bottom line is while I don't fault you in defending McCarron, because he has played well, if Andy is capable of playing in the playoffs, he should.
Reply/Quote
I have no doubts the physical being Andy Dalton will play.

I have my doubts whether he'll be anything close to himself.

There's a fine line and a gray area where you would consider McCarron over Dalton based on his percentage of health.
Reply/Quote

If you truly believe McCarron played 4 quarters of mistake free football, I have no idea what game you were watching.  That is not to say that he did not perform well but there were opportunities throughout the game that he missed, particularly in the second half.
Reply/Quote
Haha, 4 quarters of mistake free football when the game literally ended when he wasn't ready for a snap that hit him in the hands, he fumbles and it's a walk-off recovery for the defense!

That's like saying a pitcher threw a perfect game except for that walk-off homer that lost it in the 9th.
Reply/Quote
Reports are currently leaning toward Andy not playing in the wildcard game. With that said, I haven't seen a huge dropoff from him to McCarron. Sure, I'd rather have Andy in there, but I do not think it's impossible to win in the playoffs without him....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Reports are currently leaning toward Andy not playing in the wildcard game.  With that said, I haven't seen a huge dropoff from him to McCarron.  Sure, I'd rather have Andy in there, but I do not think it's impossible to win in the playoffs without him....

Right, it's impossible to win with Marvin Lewis.  Ok, I'm just piling on now.  I'm going to go try to be productive.
Reply/Quote
Piling on or not, Marvin Lewis has done nothing to disprove the reputation he has with Bengals' fans.

If it comes down to a Marvin Lewis decision, do any of you really have extreme confidence?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:01 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes. The team is so good we can win a playoff game with a QB that has a history in big games of not playing well, coming from not having played a snap in 3-4 weeks not having 100% grip in his throwing hand.

Criticize Andy and you're a Bengals hater but let's blame the backup QB who did nothing wrong. How about the glaring fact that in every big game this year when we needed our defense to get a stop at the end they absolutely folded. Why is that?

Denver and Arizona arguably two best teams we played this year we needed a stop and the opposing offenses marched right down the field and scored the winning field goal. Denver gifted us and we immediately let them waltz right down the field again.

Other good coach teams will mimic those drives and we will have to stand around defenseless to do a thing. Why? Because this team has some garbage players they refuse to get rid of...Tate, Nugent, Lemur, Vinny Rey, Peko...every single time Lemur and Vinny Rey are in teams throw right at them. I bet they chuckle watching those guys on film. I knew at the end Owen Daniels was going to burn us. Kubiak...the coach who beat us in Houston over and over again. Same ole' Bengals.

Lets see someone is sad.. .

But if AJ McCarron and company could have moved the ball at all in the 2nd half the defense might have had time to catch its breath...
Reply/Quote
Is it Marvin Lewis calling the shots, or is it the OC and DC?

In your profession, do you do what your manager tells you to do - or do you try to excel in your own merit regardless? Many times you need to hold strong to your own opinion of how something is done, even if management says otherwise (tough to do). In this scenario, our OC and DC have as much blame as the HC. They're all supposed to be smart and work together on decisions, it's a collective failure.

It could also just be bad luck combined with the Bengals just aren't good against playoff caliber teams vs. the weaklings.

I do believe the team has had motivational problems in the past, I don't think this year they have seen those issues. They just happened to lose to the Broncos and that's all. Someone had to lose, and it went into OT, the game was close - as expected.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Reports are currently leaning toward Andy not playing in the wildcard game. With that said, I haven't seen a huge dropoff from him to McCarron. Sure, I'd rather have Andy in there, but I do not think it's impossible to win in the playoffs without him....

There has been a pretty sigificant drop off to me.

AJ has moved the ball well in spurts and made some nice passes yesterday.

But when the defenses changed it up AJ was unable to make adjustments at the line to get a successful play. Also blitz recognizition has suffered leading to more sacks.

Hes needs more touch on the deep ball. But hes been very servicable as a backup. but lets not get crazy and say the drop off has been minimal cause it hasnt.
Reply/Quote
Andy is better at blitz recognition, but that takes experience. I mean he did what he had to do as a backup, give us a chance to win. Would Andy have won that game, nobody knows, but probably.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair....I've never seen you upset at the defense when that happened when 14 was behind center.

The guy had an MVP like season going, there is a reason people want him to play.  The wilting narrative is played out.  He led us to an OT victory over Seattle, he had some game winning drives, we blew out who we were supposed to, played a couple of the best teams in the league to the wire, and had one hiccup game (that featured several bad drops)....but you don't have an agenda when it comes to the QB Rolleyes

I haven't really seen anyone blame McCarron, just pointing out that he isn't the second coming of Joe Montana yet, despite the strong desire from a few on here who want it be true because they have issues with Dalton.  

Personally, I want either one of them to become Montana, but right now, Dalton is our best hope.  Only someone who refuses to acknowledge reality doesn't see this.
I believe if number 14 can play,he will,and we need him to be healthy with a hand and all.We simply cannot run the ball consistenly with this line,Clint Boling is getting manhandled every run play.I AM very concerned we are worn down,a ton of injuries,and playing a rookie qb.Not looking good heading into the playoffs.Our guys cannot stay healthy a full season and all the good backups are on IR.Its maddening really.I thought our team,not our coaches played their asses off in a very hostle environment,and should have won.The ponies said to a man they felt really really lucky to win that.If they had to play the chargers at their place,they would get beat,but its at their joint and you gotta believe they are going to win and get the stinkin bye we should be getting.I am seeing us having to fight like a madman to win this next one.The dirty-birds are coming here with nothing to lose and playing lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:29 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Have you ever tried to throw a ball with a broken finger? Let alone your thumb?

It all depends if he can grip the ball. It's going to be tough, but still possible. Takes 3-6 weeks to heal.

They still have never told us which bone was broken. It makes a big difference. If it is the bone below the thumb joint, that will cause more problems with gripping and throwing as that is where the muscles attach for the "meaty" part of your palm that controls the thumb. If its the bone above the joint...which I would guess since he jammed it into Tuitt's knee...there will be less problems with gripping and throwing and it would be more of a pain management issue.
Reply/Quote
The problem is not on the field it's on the sideline and it appears nothing can be done about it because the owner is all about being mediocre.

It is time for all of us to finally accept this as fact and that there isn't a damn thing "we" can do about it. Nothing is going to change and this SB caliber team will go to waste.

13 years. 8-19 PT. 0-6 PO (soon to be 0-7) for a grand total of EIGHT WINS and TWENTY FIVE LOSES

Those #s aren't even mediocre, they are shockingly horrible.

Reply/Quote