Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Bengals Could Start on a Top Tier Team?
(12-17-2018, 07:46 AM)McC Wrote: I guess this whole thing has gone around the bend for me.  I can only take so much of being beaten over the  had with how bad we suck, with each thread trying to top all the rest for just how depressing our situation is.  Might be a good time for me to step away for awhile.  I can only wallow in the muck for so long before it's time to say uncle.

It is what it is. We're likely rebuilding.

We did have a good roster for 5-6 years there. It's a shame we didn't see more playoff success. But, the NFL is cyclical and we lost a lot of good players to free agency and our drafts haven't replenished what we lost.
Reply/Quote
Can we include the Ravens? Because Andy is better than Lamar Jackson.

Yeah I said it, come at me!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 10:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eifert: 43 games played in 6 years, 1x Pro Bowl
Sanders: 47 games played in 6 years, 2x Pro Bowls, 2x All-Pros, 1x DPOY

Eifert is more fragile than Bob Sanders.

He's not fragile.  He's not made of glass.  He's just one of the unluckiest dudes to ever wear an NFL uniform.  This latest injury was a vicious hit from a guy trying to take him out.  The only injury that didn't come from a big hit was the one in the PB.  Most injuries come down to knee shots, head shots or wrong place, wrong time. I get sick to death of all the talk of him being delicate.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 02:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It is what it is. We're likely rebuilding.

We did have a good roster for 5-6 years there. It's a shame we didn't see more playoff success. But, the NFL is cyclical and we lost a lot of good players to free agency and our drafts haven't replenished what we lost.

I'm not denying that.  I'm just talking about the whole thing of finding just how many ways there are to say we suck.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 05:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gronk looks pretty close to being done to me.

It's the position.  You have a big guy either being brought down by a bunch of guys or being taken out by the knees by DBs and so much of their work happens in the middle of the field.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Once again he's played in 43 of 96 potential games.

The 'if he's not injured' portion...can no longer be used on him.

He's played in over 8 games exactly TWICE in 6 years.

You guys are missing the point.

Which Bengal could start on one of these teams.

I'm going to assume he meant talent-wise.

Eifert has the talent to be on any team in contention.

Just like if Bob Sanders were in the league still and we swapped out the Bengals for the Colts.

No one in their right mind would say he couldn't start for an upper tier team.

I really don't think spouting off pro-bowl/all-pro/dpoy selections change anything.

So Bob played in a handful more games.  Bob is great and Eifert is damn good.  It still makes them starters in fantasy land what-ifs-ville.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote