Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which Bengals Player Needs Terminated, Get To The Chopper
PACMAN JONES....Reading into this, Bengals CAN cut him not over his legal problems which are many, but just say his play is declining with age....and Bengals get out from his 6.2 million contract....That 6.2 Million will be needed if we want to keep Kirkpatrick or Whitworth or Zeitler or Lafell or Peko, of Burkhead.....Giving a guy a second chance is one thing. Giving a guy a million chances is another. Plus it would be nice to have Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Jackson. Don't tell me Pacman is Pro Bowl when he will be lucky to be the 4th best CB on this team. Plus look for him to be suspended from NFL. He was suspended before by NFL and barely allowed back in NFL. He may be close to Odell Thurman on getting that career ending suspension. Suspended players are no good to this team or any other team.

Pacman, you are the weakest link....You are Terminated.....Get to the Chopper.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm definitely on the "Can Jones, pay Kirk" train. I'd also be okay if we let Rey M. walk, but only if we're drafting Foster or grabbing an actually decent FA. I'm not okay with letting Peko walk, but would be fine with him taking a more rotational role so that he's only there mostly on running downs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:20 PM)treee Wrote: I'm definitely on the "Can Jones, pay Kirk" train. I'd also be okay if we let Rey M. walk, but only if we're drafting Foster or grabbing an actually decent FA. I'm not okay with letting Peko walk, but would be fine with him taking a more rotational role so that he's only there mostly on running downs.

I'm not on a blow the team up, fire everybody....Which One Player....Going on Executive Apprentice style.....Which One Player Right Now, Today...not tomorrow....Today.....

I say Pacman, you are Terminated, Get to the Chopper.  Nugent was our weakest link and he is gone. Now it's time to terminate Pacman. Watching the Super Bowl teams, they don't have this constant nonsense like Bengals do with players like Pacman. I saw both Patriots and Falcons playing great ball and focus without the nonsense players like Pacman fall into. If we are to ever go Super Bowl, it's time to get focused. Pacman had no focus. Pacman, go to the chopper, you are Terminated.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sorry, but Peko needs to go as well. You don't keep guys that are on a downhill slide just because they are "good locker room guys".
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Sorry, but Peko needs to go as well.  You don't keep guys that are on a downhill slide just because they are "good locker room guys".

IF Peko is re-signed...he needs to be a 15 snap a game backup.
Reply/Quote
The fact that Pacman is still here shows what the Bengals are lacking. The culture is family friendly when it needs to be strict to set an example. The Pats don't tolerate any non-sense and send anyone packing who causes a distraction for the team as a result you rarely hear a peep come out of New England. Everybody minds there Ps and Qs.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Sorry, but Peko needs to go as well.  You don't keep guys that are on a downhill slide just because they are "good locker room guys".

AGREE!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:23 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm not on a blow the team up, fire everybody....Which One Player....Going on Executive Apprentice style.....Which One Player Right Now, Today...not tomorrow....Today.....

I say Pacman, you are Terminated, Get to the Chopper.  Nugent was our weakest link and he is gone.  Now it's time to terminate Pacman.  Watching the Super Bowl teams, they don't have this constant nonsense like Bengals do with players like Pacman.  I saw both Patriots and Falcons playing great ball and focus without the nonsense players like Pacman fall into. If we are to ever go Super Bowl, it's time to get focused. Pacman had no focus. Pacman, go to the chopper, you are Terminated.

I get what you're saying Kevin, but in my opinion this team has more dead wood than just one.

1. A. Jones - He's lost a step and just isn't all that anymore. Add in the off field stuff and he's a ring leader off the discipline problems on the field and he just flat is more trouble than he's worth.

2. Maualuga - he was only average 3 seasons ago, he's way to slow in coverage and has no sideline to sideline speed. Doubt they cut him with time still on his contract.

3. Peko - He's a free agent I believe, and I hope they don't bring him back. He's easily upgraded. 

4. Hunt - Another free agent, I doubt they bring him back.

5. Dansby - he's over the hill !

We have to get more speed at LBer, and Geno and Carlos need help.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 03:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get what you're saying Kevin, but in my opinion this team has more dead wood than just one.

1. A. Jones - He's lost a step and just isn't all that anymore. Add in the off field stuff and he's a ring leader off the discipline problems on the field and he just flat is more trouble than he's worth.

2. Maualuga - he was only average 3 seasons ago, he's way to slow in coverage and has no sideline to sideline speed. Doubt they cut him with time still on his contract.

3. Peko - He's a free agent I believe, and I hope they don't bring him back. He's easily upgraded. 

4. Hunt - Another free agent, I doubt they bring him back.

5. Dansby - he's over the hill !

We have to get more speed at LBer, and Geno and Carlos need help.

Geno and Carlos definitely need help.  They really need an upgrade and speed at linebacker.  Iloka did not look nearly as good without Nelson back there with him, and cornerback is a huge question mark (they could lose Kirkpatrick, they have no idea how good Jackson will be, and Dennard has both trouble staying healthy and does not look that great when he is).

On the offensive side, you have the line... it really looks like Zeitler will not be back.  Bodine is terrible, and both Ogbuehi and Fisher look like they were drafted way too high.  So realistically you have three of five spots with trouble... and that is assuming they bring back Whitworth.  If he decides to chase a championship you've got 80% of the line that needs help.

This team has more holes than I think most of us would like to admit.
Reply/Quote
Still going with Marv Lewis.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 03:22 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Geno and Carlos definitely need help.  They really need an upgrade and speed at linebacker.  Iloka did not look nearly as good without Nelson back there with him, and cornerback is a huge question mark (they could lose Kirkpatrick, they have no idea how good Jackson will be, and Dennard has both trouble staying healthy and does not look that great when he is).

On the offensive side, you have the line... it really looks like Zeitler will not be back.  Bodine is terrible, and both Ogbuehi and Fisher look like they were drafted way too high.  So realistically you have three of five spots with trouble... and that is assuming they bring back Whitworth.  If he decides to chase a championship you've got 80% of the line that needs help.

This team has more holes than I think most of us would like to admit.

Oh I fully agree, the offensive line in my opinion is our #1 problem. Ogbuehi is a flat out bust ! If he turns it around I'll be shocked. Bodine is a backup at best. Like you say I doubt they pay Zeitler and I doubt he wants to come back. Fisher has had some decent stretches, but he's looked pretty bad at times as well.

I don't think this team has much of a prayer without signing at least two upper tier free agents. And I mean top shelf guys ! Whether it's a LB and an OT or a C and a RT, or a DE and RG ? But I think standing pat, signing Whit and relying on draft will be a disaster.

Problem is MB doesn't do free agents.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 02:14 PM)kevin Wrote: PACMAN JONES....Reading into this, Bengals CAN cut him not over his legal problems which are many, but just say his play is declining with age....and Bengals get out from his 6.2 million contract....That 6.2 Million will be needed if we want to keep Kirkpatrick or Whitworth or Zeitler or Lafell or Peko, of Burkhead.....Giving a guy a second chance is one thing. Giving a guy a million chances is another. Plus it would be nice to have Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Jackson. Don't tell me Pacman is Pro Bowl when he will be lucky to be the 4th best CB on this team. Plus look for him to be suspended from NFL. He was suspended before by NFL and barely allowed back in NFL. He may be close to Odell Thurman on getting that career ending suspension. Suspended players are no good to this team or any other team.

Pacman, you are the weakest link....You are Terminated.....Get to the Chopper.

Maualuga and Bodine are the weakest links on offense and defense when talking about quality of starters. Oddly enough, both are in the middle.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maualuga and Bodine are the weakest links on offense and defense when talking about quality of starters. Oddly enough, both are in the middle.

Ced O is worse than Bodine.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ced O is worse than Bodine.

True, but Ced also didn't have a training camp yet in his career and has less than a full season as a starter. I hold out more hope for Ogbuehi than I do for Bodine. Bodine has had three years of starting time and has been mediocre at best the whole time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 03:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Still going with Marv Lewis.

I'm with you brother, and take Piano Man with him.....

As far as players go, Pacman MUST go.  Maualuga should be next in line.....if not, vet minimum deal.  He's eating too much cap space now for what he offers.  Same goes for Peko.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm all for cutting Jones, but you are putting a lot of faith in a guy who has yet to play an NFL snap. Look at how many years people here said Kirkpatrick was garbage until he caught up with the game......
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm all for cutting Jones, but you are putting a lot of faith in a guy who has yet to play an NFL snap. Look at how many years people here said Kirkpatrick was garbage until he caught up with the game......

I agree, but this is a matter of principality.  Also, if convicted, Jones will certainly be suspended.  We'll have to put faith in that cat anyway, may as well make it permanent.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree, but this is a matter of principality.  Also, if convicted, Jones will certainly be suspended.  We'll have to put faith in that cat anyway, may as well make it permanent.

Random question... is it possible to not be convicted of resisting arrest and/or assaulting an officer?  Obviously, whatever went on at the jail will be on tape.  I would also assume that the resist will be on tape from a body camera plus five or six officers to testify he did it.  I could see maybe getting out of whatever led to the arrest, but think it would be extremely difficult to get out of the whole thing.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maualuga and Bodine are the weakest links on offense and defense when talking about quality of starters. Oddly enough, both are in the middle.

Yep.  And it's always been true in most any sport that to be successful, you want to be strong up the middle.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
As much as I am on the bandwagon of "Adam Jones should be unconditionally released", he did however, make the top 10 CBs of 2016 list. What a conundrum for the Bengals to be in, as his salary is pretty much a bargain for a top 10 at his position. Also feel like they need to pay Dre Kirkpatrick, you know it kind of goes along with the whole "draft and develop" philosophy that the Bengals champions themselves on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote