Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which Bengals Player Needs Terminated, Get To The Chopper
(02-07-2017, 04:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Agree.  He lost me as soon as he included Fisher and Ogbuehi in an argument for "not in bad shape".

Considering every article or statement you see fails to mention Zeitler, I think we can all assume he is gone.  I personally think Kirkpatrick is also going to get big money and leave.  My guess is that Whitworth returns, although part of me would like to see him go get a ring somewhere.

Well, I feel like Whitworth is still one of the top 5 left tackles in the game.

Fisher showed me enough in his first few starts to think with a full training camp and preseason that he will be ok at RT.  

Ced should improve with an offseason and a preseason.  

So, yes, I feel that our tackle situation is not in BAD shape if Whit comes back.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 03:28 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's not starter quality anymore but he's a damn fine backup

Not if he can't defend the pass and stop the run...which he can't!
Reply/Quote
That useless Fat Ass Peko should have been sent packing last year !!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 03:29 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I guess it depends on your definition of rebuild.

To me - a rebuild would consist of getting a new QB, changing an offensive scheme or defensive scheme.  I don't see those happening.

Now, if we were open to using free agency, this team is not that far way from being in great shape.

QB - Dalton (good shape here)
RB - Hill and Bernard (really bad shape here, Bernard is coming off an ACL and Hill isn't the same as he used to be)
WR - Green, Boyd, Core, Wright (Some promise here, but needs some help if we don't bring LaFell back)
TE - Eifert, Uzomah, Kroft (set here, as long as people stay healthy)
OT - Whitworth, Fisher, Ced (really need Whitworth back, not in bad shape if he comes back)
OG - Boling and Zeitler (good shape here if Z comes back)
C - Well, here's a huge need

So, offensively, if we bring back Zeitler and Whitworth, there isn't a ton of needs.  We need a C and a RB along with a speed WR.  Easily done with good drafting in rounds 2,3,4

DE - Dunlap, MJ, Clarke.  (We are in pretty good shape here, but a speed rusher on the edge in round 1 would be great)
DT - Geno, Sims, Hardison, Thompson, Williams.  (Good shape here, a young stud would help)
LB - Burfict, Vigil, Rey, Maualuga (considering we run a nickel D, this unit is pretty good)
CB - WJ3, Dennard, Dre, Jones, Shaw, Russell (this is a pretty good group)
S - Iloka, Williams, Smith

Honestly, this isn't a huge rebuild.  Bringing back Dre, Whit and Z is huge, but if we do that, there aren't a ton of needs that need to be addressed:

1.  Pass rush (SAM, DE, Hybrid - anyone that would bring some pressure)
2.  RB (with Burkhead up in the air and Gio injured, we need someone in the draft)
3.  C (Feeney, Pocic, Elflein are all good replacements)
4.  WR (don't need a complete guy, just a guy that can spread the field a little to open the middle)

Really, it's not that much of a rebuild - unless we don't sign our own free agents.
Agree with you on Dalton and our need for a push rusher, center and speed at WR. Not sure how were "pretty good" at linebacker tho ? We have one good one in Burfict, Maualuga is a bum, Virgil is unproven and Rey is a serviceable backup at best.  Corner back is a concern for me as well. Pacman if not cut will probably be suspend for a lengthy amount of time and is 33 years old.  Dre is a free agent and a number 2 corner at best with one good season of play. Dennard is gonna be in year 4 and hasn't done a single thing to prove to me he is or will be good,  hopefully WJ3 works out but this is pretty much gonna  be his rookie year and he will more than likely go through growing pains.  Also a ton of wishful thinking on the o-line situation. I think Zeilter is good as gone and I have no idea if Fisher or Ced will work out.  I am confident Whit will be back  and just worried that he might start to show is age at some point, crazy that he played so good at 35. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 06:35 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: That useless Fat Ass Peko should have been sent packing last year !!

Where would this team have been without Peko?  Hardison and Billings both lost for the season with injuries before the year even started and Peko goes from what was supposed to be a rotational position to playing the vast majority of snaps.  He isn't a guy that is going to generate a ton of pass rush, but he clogs up the middle and was a solid player for the Bengals.

I will never understand the hate this guy receives.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Players that need to go, not in any particular order:
1-Adam Jones
2- Bodine
3- Hunt
4- maualuga
5- Peko

Coaches that need to go:
1- Marvin Lewis
2- Paul Alexander
3- Maybe Zampese
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Where would this team have been without Peko?  Hardison and Billings both lost for the season with injuries before the year even started and Peko goes from what was supposed to be a rotational position to playing the vast majority of snaps.  He isn't a guy that is going to generate a ton of pass rush, but he clogs up the middle and was a solid player for the Bengals.

I will never understand the hate this guy receives.  

Maybe it's not hate as much as it is what they are paying him.

(02-08-2017, 01:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Players that need to go, not in any particular order:
1-Adam Jones
2- Bodine
3- Hunt
4- maualuga
5- Peko

Coaches that need to go:
1- Marvin Lewis
2- Paul Alexander
3- Maybe Zampese

We can all dream...... :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hill (to think, people thought I was a Hill homer)
Pacman
Bodine
Ogbuehi (I have no hope for this guy)
Maualuga (he was never great, but now he's also washed up)
Dansby (he was once great, but now he's washed up)
Michael Johnson (Is he earning that contract? I'd say no, but Fred probably disagrees)
McCarron (like the guy, tired of the talk, want to see him start elsewhere)

Coaches: Marv, Paul A, whoever coaches the d-line now

[Image: choppa.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dennard has been playing mostly nickel CB and that is not his natural position.  I think he needs to be given an opportunity to compete with WJIII for the other outside spot with Dre returning.  I wouldn't overpay Dre, but I would like to see him here as he seemed to be our most improved player last year.  
I think he's best on the boundary as well but while he's in the slot he's a horrible corner at best. The coaches can't see him in another spot bc he's always hurt.
(02-08-2017, 01:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Players that need to go, not in any particular order:
1-Adam Jones
2- Bodine
3- Hunt
4- maualuga
5- Peko

Coaches that need to go:
1- Marvin Lewis
2- Paul Alexander
3- Maybe Zampese
Keep bodine as backup, resign peko as backup for close to vet minimum.
Reply/Quote
Maualuga Bodine n Oggieboggie are absolutely garbage. Pick one it would be Maualuga
Reply/Quote