Poll: Which Bengals WR will lead the team in receiving yards?
Tee Higgins
Tyler Boyd
Ja'Marr Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Bengals WR has most yards this season?
I'm going with Tee Higgins. I think he'll end up somewhere in the 1200-1300 yards range.

I also think Boyd will go over 1000 yards, while Chase finishes around 800.

Higgins will lead the WR group with 10 TD's.
Reply/Quote
With all the Chase hype it seems as though folks have forgot about Higgins. Not only do I believe Higgins will have the best season, but I believe he'll have the best career between the 3.
Reply/Quote
If the poll had been receptions, I would have gone with Boyd. The slot guy will be targeted very heavily.

I chose Chase. Sue me. He has had some drops in camp and preseason. Fine. I think a lot of people will forget when he takes a screen pass for 50 yards for a TD. He will have more big plays (because he will have more big play opportunities) and that is the one big thing Joe and ZT have spoken about that was missing and needed to be addressed was the deep ball or big, chunk plays.

It isn't a slight to Higgins, who I think will be huge (he is huge) in the red zone and will challenge teams with their second or third best CB trying to cover him.

Either way, if all 3 are healthy, they could all 3 get 1000 yards and the Bengals offense would be lethal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely Higgins. That kid is money!

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 08:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If the poll had been receptions, I would have gone with Boyd.  The slot guy will be targeted very heavily.

I chose Chase.  Sue me.  He has had some drops in camp and preseason. Fine.  I think a lot of people will forget when he takes a screen pass for 50 yards for a TD.  He will have more big plays (because he will have more big play opportunities) and that is the one big thing Joe and ZT have spoken about that was missing and needed to be addressed was the deep ball or big, chunk plays.  

It isn't a slight to Higgins, who I think will be huge (he is huge) in the red zone and will challenge teams with their second or third best CB trying to cover him.  

Either way, if all 3 are healthy, they could all 3 get 1000 yards and the Bengals offense would be lethal.

Honestly, this is what has me most excited about Sunday by far. I need to see Chase be given real snaps. I wanted to see it in the pre-season, but they just wouldn't let him get in a rhythm. With a full game, I am really hoping he has a good game and shows his big play ability. Because if he doesn't, we're in for a long week of fan and media hand wringing.
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins. Bigger stronger faster this year.
He is the most complete Bengals WR from a physical
Point of view. I think we see him and JB
Connect on a bit more 30 yd plus pass plays this year
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 08:40 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly, this is what has me most excited about Sunday by far. I need to see Chase be given real snaps. I wanted to see it in the pre-season, but they just wouldn't let him get in a rhythm. With a full game, I am really hoping he has a good game and shows his big play ability. Because if he doesn't, we're in for a long week of fan and media hand wringing.

I'm not really worried about the media, but it is tiring.  Wish he would have a huge game to shut them (and some so-called Bengals Fans) the hell up.   Hilarious

Remember, Tee Higgins didn't even play week 1 (I don't think) last year.  John Ross is who has been replaced by Chase.  I think that will be a massive upgrade.  

Even my most optimistic self can't imagine the offense coming out and just bowling over the Vikes on every possession.  I am sure it will take them a bit to get going, but if the defense can keep them in it, I can't see keeping Burrow and the Boys down for four quarters.  Not at home, not with (a  lot of ) fans for the first time for him.  
Reply/Quote
Higgins should have the most yards and boyd the most targets by seasons end.
Reply/Quote
Voted Chase only because that's what I said in the pre-preseason prediction thread (I think it was bfine's thread?), so I am going to roll with that come hell or highwater.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I voted Chase as well, with no slight aimed at Higgins or Boydl. I jus think when he gets his rhythm, he is going to light things up.
But in this Vikings game, I suspect Mixon will be the one lighting things up.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with Higgins, but this would be an interesting question to ask each week (per game).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I believe both yards and TDs follow the Higgins > Boyd > Chase pattern, but all three will provide solid production.

Receptions probably go Boyd > Higgins > Chase.
Reply/Quote
Tee
Reply/Quote
I actually went with Boyd.
I think Higgins and Chase will help pull some extra coverage, opening up Boyd.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If they all stay healthy I'm not sure I even care who gets the most balls. That three-headed monster will be tough to stop over 16 *17 games.

* Damn, that'll take some getting used to lol
Reply/Quote
I think Tee will get the yards, Boyd the receptions and Chase will fall in between them in both categories (and he will start off a bit inconsistent and turn it on the 2nd half of the season).
Reply/Quote
Higgy baby comes into his own. Big year yardage wise. Most receptions of course is Boyd, most TD's be Chase.
Reply/Quote