5 12.20%
Bratkowski (lol)
0%
0 0%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Ex-Bengals Coach Would You Hire For HC?
Hue- He was magic with Andy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Zimmer
Hue (we may still get him of the Browns go 0-16)
Joseph
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Forrest Gregg; I don't care if he is 83!
Or dead...

Apparently he's not dead... Yet.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The team needs a fresh start, with a fresh voice, with a coach that doesn't know these players. To hell with anybody who's been here before.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden. 16 years of a Defensive minded HC is enough. Plus Gruden just beat Zims head-to-head, is 11 years younger, not on a 4 game losing streak, and his coaches seem to like working for him.

I would like to see Krumrie brought back into the fold.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dang for years I was the only Gruden supporter on here while he was constantly the whipping boy.

My how times are a changing.

Gruden or Zimmer would make me very happy. Ecstatic in fact but both ships have sailed unfortunately.

Voted Gruden of course though especially for the way he drafted while here.

Joseph would be my next choice.

Do not want Hue or Brat at all.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Know the voting is not finished. But would have lost my entire life savings ($5.31) betting against Gruden getting more votes than Hue on here.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Dang for years I was the only Gruden supporter on here while he was constantly the whipping boy.

My how times are a changing.

Myself and bfine were the only ones in this thread going for Gruden, who only has 5 votes. I never ripped Jay and I don't think bfine did either.

So I don't think much has changed really. Everyone loved and still loves Zimmer, while overall, people are mixed on Jay. 

Personally, I always gave credit to Jay for talking Mike Brown into drafting Dalton. I think he was a very solid OC, and he's done a fine job turning a very bad situation around very quickly with the Skins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Do not recall if either did because of so many that piled on. Yet do recall neither ever agreed when I defended him, because nobody ever did and he's my boy.

No big deal though, glad to see it coming full circle. Welcome aboard friends.

Most were celebrating his departure and stating he would fail miserably even long after he left.

Except in the Carson threads where people would use it to defend Carson for being hamstrung by Brat while Dalton had the great Gruden.

Then turn around and bash him the next day for being Mickey Mouseand a horrible hire that only happened via his brothers name.

Have been a Gruden fan and followed his career since 1985. He should have gotten a shot at playing QB in NFL as well.

Kid could flat out ball.

Remember well the bashings he received on here on a regular basis and although you may be right about you two not bashing.

Both certainly were not part of his calvary when he was bashed. Which happened from day one.

Best drafter the Bengals have had as well.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Forrest Gregg; I don't care if he is 83!

Hell , i'd take him as our RT right now never mind HC 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:35 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Sam Wyche ... NFL needs a bit of character and at least the press conferences would be more entertaining.  Think Andy Dalton would be great in the old no-huddle offense too.  Gio as James Brooks, Eifert as Holman, Ogbuehi as Munoz  Ninja , AJ average 24 yards per catch,etc,etc

I went with the obvious one of Zimmer but i was really tempted to go with Hue Jackson as I thought he brought quite an aggressive , confident attitude to our team which was different.

I'm not on the Joseph HC train like many.  Think it may be too early for him as he's only just become a co-ordinator...and Miami's D is very average this season.

Agree 100%.  This team doesn't need a retread, it needs an innovator.  It needs the next Sam Wyche.  Maybe hire Sam as a consultant to help find the next great football mind.  I really liked what Jackson had going here, but I don't think he's coming back.  I think he will get ample time in Cleveland and turn that team around very quickly.  

I voted Hue, because I liked what he brought in terms of "attack mode", but I would love to see Sam involved in a coaching search.  
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:23 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Myself and bfine were the only ones in this thread going for Gruden, who only has 5 votes. I never ripped Jay and I don't think bfine did either.

So I don't think much has changed really. Everyone loved and still loves Zimmer, while overall, people are mixed on Jay. 

Personally, I always gave credit to Jay for talking Mike Brown into drafting Dalton. I think he was a very solid OC, and he's done a fine job turning a very bad situation around very quickly with the Skins.

I didn't vote Gruden, but I liked him a great deal.   This might sound odd, but I liked him more as a HC than an OC.  He was too focused on the pass, and I think that hurts a cold weather team down the stretch.  We will see if he learned his lesson or he makes the same mistake this year for the skins.  

I like his sense of humor, candor, and his demeanor.  I just wish he trusted his running game a bit more.  
Reply/Quote
Voted Gruden of course. No doubt that him and Zimmer are not going to be available though.

So Vance Joseph would clearly be the right pick.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was impressed that Gruden has been able to succeed with one of the worst owners in the NFL. Gotta give him credit for that.
Reply/Quote

the effin hammer baby, Sad part is, these ***** baby players wouldn't be able to handle that type of coaching

Reply/Quote
Voted for Zimmer for one simple reason. He actually wants to win.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote