Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA do you want if money did not matter?
(02-27-2024, 04:21 PM)Nepa Wrote: If the Bengals had not selected Murphy in the 1st last year, Chop Robinson would have been a terrific target this year among those who will possibly be there at 18. Quick, speedy, powerful, and with a non-stop motor and who also is a good tackler. Given they took Murphy last year, however, he is likely off the board, and the Bengals will have to find a pass rusher from the interior of the line, among I guess Newton and Murphy in the 1st, if either are available at 18 (unlikely I guess).

I was thinking more along the lines of an interior pass rusher like Newton or Murphy.   If neither of those guys are there at #18 there may be options in later rounds.  We did find Geno Atkins in the 4th round.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Madubuike is gonna be a raven so I’m all in on Trent Brown. Let’s not just cross our fingers and hope the bengals can finally hit on a tackle to protect burrow. Bring in proven protection
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 05:42 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Looks like Madubuike is gonna be a raven so I’m all in on Trent Brown.  Let’s not just cross our fingers and hope the bengals can finally hit on a tackle to protect burrow.  Bring in proven protection

I know we don't really have a choice since we've backed ourselves into this corner but...this is just not sustainable. We're probably going to go into this year with 4/5 of our offensive lineman as outside free agents with little talent in the pipeline. And somehow our offensive line isn't even good!!!!!

We will not be able to live like this for much longer. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 05:42 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Looks like Madubuike is gonna be a raven so I’m all in on Trent Brown.  Let’s not just cross our fingers and hope the bengals can finally hit on a tackle to protect burrow.  Bring in proven protection

Think they're gonna go after Onwenu. He's much younger and room for growth.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I know we don't really have a choice since we've backed ourselves into this corner but...this is just not sustainable. We're probably going to go into this year with 4/5 of our offensive lineman as outside free agents with little talent in the pipeline. And somehow our offensive line isn't even good!!!!!

We will not be able to live like this for much longer. 

They'll just turnaround and sign some more mid tier guys in FA like they did with Karras and Cappa. But they need to start developing draft picks .
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 06:18 PM)pulses Wrote: Think they're gonna go after Onwenu. He's much younger and room for growth.

I like it and it makes more sense than Trent Brown as Onwenu is younger as you say. These coaches don't seem to go after older players at all.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it and it makes more sense than Trent Brown as Onwenu is younger as you say. These coaches don't seem to go after older players at all.

26 with upside is better than 30 and trending the other way even tho Brown hasn't YET he will.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 06:18 PM)pulses Wrote: Think they're gonna go after Onwenu. He's much younger and room for growth.

Yep. I'd like to amend my initial list and say Onwenu is at least a triple or a double. 

A FA haul of: 
1. Higgins, WR ($21 mil, $44 mil left) 
2. Onwenu, RT/G ($15 mil, $29 mil left) 
3. Reader DT/NT ($10 mil in Y1, $19 mil left)
4. L. Williams DT/DL ($13 mil, $6 mil left) 
5. Townsend P ($3 mil, $3 mil left) 

We can do some restructuring (Burrow, Cappa, Karras, Hilton, BJ Hill, Mixon) or cilutting (Mixon, Scott, Carman) to free up enough to sign a value FA S to pair with Battle & move Dax back to corner. 

The draft focus would then be: 
1. TE (Bowers, Sanders, Stover, Rd 1-3) 
2. Shutdown CB (Arnold, Mitchell, DeJean) 
3. DT/NT (Murphy, Newton, Sweat, Jackson)
4. WR (Thomas Rd1, Rd2-3: Corley, Legette, Wilson, Mitchell, Franklin, Pearsall, etc). 

Later on: RB, IOL depth, LB + whatever we miss out on Day 1-2 of the first 4. 

EDIT: the Pats have a ton of cap room and their GM justcsaid he wants to keep Onwenu & Duggar. A tag is on the table for either.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. I'd like to amend my initial list and say Onwenu is at least a triple or a double. 

A FA haul of: 
1. Higgins, WR ($21 mil, $44 mil left) 
2. Onwenu, RT/G ($15 mil, $29 mil left) 
3. Reader DT/NT ($20 mil in Y1, $19 mil left)
4. L. Williams DT/DL ($13 mil, $6 mil left) 
5. Townsend P ($3 mil, $3 mil left) 

We can do some restructuring (Burrow, Cappa, Karras, Hilton, BJ Hill, Mixon) or cilutting (Mixon, Scott, Carman) to free up enough to sign a value FA S to pair with Battle & move Dax back to corner. 

The draft focus would then be: 
1. TE (Bowers, Sanders, Stover, Rd 1-3) 
2. Shutdown CB (Arnold, Mitchell, DeJean) 
3. DT/NT (Murphy, Newton, Sweat, Jackson)
4. WR (Thomas Rd1, Rd2-3: Corley, Legette, Wilson, Mitchell, Franklin, Pearsall, etc). 

Later on: RB, IOL depth, LB + whatever we miss out on Day 1-2 of the first 4. 

EDIT: the Pats have a ton of cap room and their GM justcsaid he wants to keep Onwenu & Duggar. A tag is on the table for either.
Dugger is not all that great IMO....I like Geno Stone for Safety tho.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:55 PM)pulses Wrote: Dugger is not all that great IMO....I like Geno Stone for Safety tho.

That is certainly fair. The Pats GM justcsaid they view Duggar & Onwenu as foundationsl pieces. Sign one & tag the other. If Duggar signs, Onwenu (who currently does not have an agent) will get tagged. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:02 PM)pulses Wrote: 26 with upside is better than 30 and trending the other way even tho Brown hasn't YET he will.

For sure. Some are saying we cannot keep throwing money at the OL, I disagree completely. That is where we need to throw the money, the 
trenches on both sides with youth. We all know we cannot depend on draft picks on the OL.

(02-27-2024, 11:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That is certainly fair. The Pats GM justcsaid they view Duggar & Onwenu as foundationsl pieces. Sign one & tag the other. If Duggar signs, Onwenu (who currently does not have an agent) will get tagged. 

Hope only Duggar gets tagged and Onwenu becomes free, please.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:55 PM)pulses Wrote: Dugger is not all that great IMO....I like Geno Stone for Safety tho.

I know nothing of Geno Stone for some reason, what team was he on again?
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know nothing of Geno Stone for some reason, what team was he on again?

Started for the Ravens last year
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 07:09 PM)pulses Wrote: Started for the Ravens last year

Oh, so he filled in for Humphrey when he was hurt? I remember him now thanks Pulses, I don't remember Stone making many mistakes
from when I watched the Ravens. Guess I wasn't paying much attention to their back end last season, but if Geno Stone could play Free 
Safety for us and free up Dax to play Slot like Hamilton did for the Ravens that might be a very underrated grab and I would love to steal 
a good player from our Divisional rivals. They most likely will be able to keep Madubuike now with the increased salary cap so Stone would 
be another way to weaken them.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 08:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh, so he filled in for Humphrey when he was hurt? I remember him now thanks Pulses, I don't remember Stone making many mistakes
from when I watched the Ravens. Guess I wasn't paying much attention to their back end last season, but if Geno Stone could play Free 
Safety for us and free up Dax to play Slot like Hamilton did for the Ravens that might be a very underrated grab and I would love to steal 
a good player from our Divisional rivals. They most likely will be able to keep Madubuike now with the increased salary cap so Stone would 
be another way to weaken them.
 Stone 71.9 pff with 7 INT's last year.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 08:03 PM)pulses Wrote:  Stone 71.9 pff with 7 INT's last year.

Holy shit, that is hella productive. Sign me up! Mellow
Reply/Quote

If they cant get Onwenu, Eluemunor may be a good option.  According to PFF, Eluemunor did better on true pass set than Onwenu

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-free-agency-rankings-offensive-tackles
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 08:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If they cant get Onwenu, Eluemunor may be a good option.  According to PFF, Eluemunor did better on true pass set than Onwenu

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-free-agency-rankings-offensive-tackles

Eluemunor is the most likely from what he has been saying on twitter and stuff. Sure has made a play to be our new RT with his 
defense of Burrow and praise of Willie Anderson.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:02 PM)pulses Wrote: 26 with upside is better than 30 and trending the other way even tho Brown hasn't YET he will.

I cannot get behind this. I want old Olinemen, those who have learned from good Oline coaches and have nothing to learn coming here.

I don't want a young kid with upside; cause Pollack is not going to find it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 01:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I cannot get behind this. I want old Olinemen, those who have learned from good Oline coaches and have nothing to learn coming here.

I don't want a young kid with upside; cause Pollack is not going to find it. 

Onwenu is already pretty well set. He's as good as Cappa and Karras when we brought them in. He's played all over the OL but OC and finally settled at RT and has played well.
Reply/Quote