Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA signing will be the biggest difference maker?
Trae Waynes as signing him on a long term deal opens up the draft as we no longer have to draft a CB.
Reply/Quote
I'm still going with XST.
Yeah its not the glamourous signing
But I'm tired of seeing Mixon get a handoff
Only having to make 2 guys miss in the backfield
So he can get 2 yards.
If Mixon can run get 4 5 yds a pop then
3rd and 2 is alot easier for Burrow to convert
Than 3rd and 7
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:49 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Tough to call, but i'm going with Vonn Bell, I think he will bring the attitude and leadership to that D which it lacks

I wanted to see if anyone else would say it before I responded in kind with Bell.  Although he may be the beneficiary of the improvements up front with Reader, I think Bell, who has won everywhere he has been, is the kind of veteran presence I want in the SS position.  I know I get on Williams a lot, but the best defenses that I recall in the more recent teams was when they had two really solid safeties like Williams and Crocker.  We always were just a bit below average there and I think Bell has the instincts and fire I want in that position.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 03:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: im not afraid of fred as he's known by many as the guy who defends mediocre players.

(03-28-2020, 05:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: You misspelled shitty

This is hilarious coming from guys who like Josh Bynes.  Nine years in the league.  Only twice in fre agency has he gotten anything more than a one-year deal and both time he got cut in the second season of his multi year deal.  Last year at this time he was so lowly regarded that he got cut from a contract paying him less than $2million per year.  Only really bad players get cut to save less than $2 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:08 PM)pally Wrote: DJ Reader.  Being able to stop the run will change our entire team.

What ole Pally here said...

DJ Reader is a proven great run stopper that teams will have to double or he will make them pay and by doubling him Geno and 
the other pass rushers will be able to feast after we shut down the run. Monster pick up. Biggest difference maker we have ever
gotten in Free Agency IMO.
Reply/Quote