Poll: Who makes the biggest impact in 2021?
Trey Hendrickson
Trae Waynes
Mike Hilton
Chidobe Awuzie
Riley Reiff
Larry Ogunjobi
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Free Agent will make the biggest impact?
This poll is to piggyback off of the fan survey thread. One of the questions in the Fan Survey was "Which Bengals Free Agent addition will have the biggest impact?".

So, who ya got? And why that guy?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'll get it started. My selection is Mike Hilton. The dude is just a momentum killing playmaking machine. Weather defending the run, the pass or even rushing the passer, he comes through with impressive plays that just suck the life out of opposing offenses. Look for the Bengals defense to be getting off the field after 3rd down this season, largely in part to the contributions of Mike Hilton.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m going with Riley Reiff. First of all, he’s never been coached by Jim Turner or Paul Alexander so those are two factors in his favor. Let’s face it: The Bengals haven’t had a reliable right offensive tackle for a long time and both Joe Mixon and Joe Burrow suffered for it.
Reply/Quote
I went with Ogunjobi. I think with his quick get off, he's gonna be that guy that can collapse the middle on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
I selected Trey Hendrickson.I look for him to have a good season.I think he fits in well in this defense.I look for him to be the sack leader.Hendrickson and Mike Hilton will be feasting on offenses this year by creating turnovers.Should be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
Rieff because he solidifies the RT position fo us. Which is arguably a top 5 position on importance on a team.
The second guy I am hoping will have a huge impact for us is Larry Ogunjobi. If he can consistently get to the QB like Geno did for us for the past decade then this defense will be in a good spot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My choice isn't up there... as I think we'll have another one or two signings before the season who are 'cap casualties' of other teams.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I’m going with it really just hoping for all of the above.
Reply/Quote
Reiff twofold. One because he'll add a solid starter to the OL this year, two because his 1 year deal will impact next year, too. (I am assuming Reiff won't be here next year. Either he'll do poorly and retire, or more likely do well and go somewhere to win for the final 1-2 years of his career.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Crossing fingers and toes it is Reiff per how bad the team needs this to happen.

But think Awuzie will turn it around this season and pay dividends and voted for him.
He was not stellar by any means last season but the potential is certainly there. Plus he had covid and dealt with bad hammy last year.

It was just a weird year with not many fans at games and stress of bs going on outside of football that Im giving him a pass.

Think he turns the corner this year and my money is on this long shot.

Like Hilton and could have easily went that way but that steeler black mark he's got kept me from doing so lol.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I hope it is Reiff, but I think Hilton is a sneaky good signing. He gets my vote.
Reply/Quote
Fortunately, I believe, this is a tough one. There's almost no wrong answer. A lot of good FA talent here. I took Hendrickson. I was going to take Hilton. And I was going to take Reiff. (There's my point.) If the D can hold good teams to under 27, we win. :-) Nothing like a good timely sack to set up a 3rd and 14. Now we're looking at ANOTHER sack or a pick. Either way, we get the ball back to Joe.
Reply/Quote
Trae Waynes getting no love at all ?

Zimmer made him highest drafted CB in Viking history. Ran a 4.31 forty and benched 225lbs 19 times at underwear olympics too. .

He has the tools and the Bengals definitely paid up for him.

When Terrence Newman got hurt before playoff game Trae was thrust into limelight in playoffs during his rookie year.

Russell Wilson being the smart QB he is immediately attacked him. Trae broke up the deep one thrown on him out of the gate and intercepted Wilson a few plays later. Seattle won game but only mustered one TD the entire game and only scraped by with a 10-9 win.

For the record Russell Wilson only had a 63.3 QB rating in game where he tried to expose Wayne's inexperience.

Was injured last year and that certainly factors into equation, but supposedly has no restriction and claiming to 100% once again.

Don't always give FO credit yet do like the FA signings this year for a change.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 12:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Trae Waynes getting no love at all ?

Zimmer made him highest drafted CB in Viking history. Ran a 4.31 forty and benched 225lbs 19 times at underwear olympics too. .

He has the tools and the Bengals definitely paid up for him.

When Terrence Newman got hurt before playoff game Trae was thrust into limelight in playoffs during his rookie year.

Russell Wilson being the smart QB he is immediately attacked him. Trae broke up the deep one thrown on him out of the gate and intercepted Wilson a few plays later. Seattle won game but only mustered one TD the entire game and only scraped by with a 10-9 win.

For the record Russell Wilson only had a 63.3 QB rating in game where he tried to expose Wayne's inexperience.

Was injured last year and that certainly factors into equation, but supposedly has no restriction and claiming to 100% once again.

Don't always give FO credit yet do like the FA signings this year for a change.

The last season he played was pretty bad. He gave up over 700 yards on 74% completion and five TDs in 14 games. Quarterbacks had a rating of 108 when targeting him. The sample size was 96 targets.

He doesn’t have a strong reputation as a cover corner and his last season backs that up. Hopefully that season was an outlier.
Reply/Quote
The gap between Reiff and Hart is what made him my selection. I would like to second AWUZIE/WAYNES as the defensive addition to make the biggest impact. 2nd cb has been a horror show for the Bengals for YEARS, IMO, and a massive liability.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 12:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The gap between Reiff and Hart is what made him my selection. I would like to second AWUZIE/WAYNES as the defensive addition to make the biggest impact. 2nd cb has been a horror show for the Bengals for YEARS, IMO, and a massive liability.

I feel like you mean 3rd. WJ3 was #2 when Kirkpatrick was here and played well. Darius Phillips has been a good #2 despite the hate around here from some. Once you get to 3rd cb it’s been scrubs off the street and guys that should be on practice squads.
Reply/Quote
I went with Mike Hilton he's going to be huge on 3rd down. Obviously the safe answer is Reid.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Pat Kirwan really likes the signing of Larry Ogunjobi.

We were dead last in the league in sacks last year, so I'm pulling for him and more importantly Henfrickson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Went Trey Hendrickson. This is like when we lost Justin Smith in free agency but in reverse. Adding the lunch pail all day motor man amongst men DL to the mix filled one of our biggest holes with a guy who was 2nd in the league in sacks last year. We go from a “team leader” who didn’t want to be here and did a lot of whining and not much hustle an playmaking to a young breakout star eager to grind for his team.

Our DL was in shambles last year. Our last two big free agent signings Reader and Hendrickson are going to change that story real quick.
Reply/Quote
I voted Hilton but I really want Reiff to make a big impact too
Reply/Quote