Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Guy Are You the Most Excited About
I’m interested to see how a guy like Akeem Davis Gathier and our young linebackers like Pratt hold up versus a team like Baltimore. My hope is Reader can stuff up the middle , I wanna see if these guys are able to contain Lamar Jackson on the outside and tackle in space. I still have nightmares about Jackson making our linebackers look ridiculous last season. Davis Gathier and a guy like Pratt are different types of linebackers then we’ve had in the past I’m excited to see if we’ve finally solved our linebacker problem by getting more athletic and faster linebackers.
Reply/Quote
It's hard to pick just one guy, as I'm impressed with all the moves. Obviously Burrow is the guy I'm excited about the most, but if we take him out of the equation...

Reader is my favorite FA acquisition. But I like what they did in the secondary as a whole.

I love what they did at linebacker as a whole in the draft and FA. The defense should be much improved.

Tee Higgins is a great developmental pick to learn behind AJ. Might end up being my second favorite draft pick.

AJ and Jonah Williams being healthy is huge for us, too.

Overall this offseason was just amazing. Burrow is the best acquisition, but what we did as a whole to re-work our defense has been outstanding. And just getting Williams and AJ back on offense will help a lot. As long as the offensive line develops, we should be in great shape by the end of the year.

But if we aren't counting Burrow, my favorite single player acquisition via signing or drafting is Reader. He will make the defense as a whole so much better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The combination of the new backers (plus Pratt with a year under his belt) and Bell creeping up around the line while Geno and DJ wreck havoc is truly exciting.

If I had to pick one draft pick I'm most excited about, it'd have to be Wilson. New FA addition is Bell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This feels like the biggest influx of talent from one season to the next I can ever recall on any Bengals team ever. We’ve upgraded talent in so many areas. Kudos to Taylor and the front office. So excited to see all the pieces come together. The window is opening wide for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Darius Phillips
Jonah Williams
D J Reader
Vonn Bell

Good list.

But you forgot Josh Bynes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is the guy I'm most excited to see! However I am pretty amped to see how these LBs shake out!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 03:21 PM)McC Wrote: Good list.  

But you forgot Josh Bynes.

JOSH BYNES?!?!?!

Did you say "JOSH BYNES"?!?!

Slowly I turned.  .  .  step by step.  .  .  .  inch by inch.  .  .  
Reply/Quote
Hard dang question, excited for all these Linebackers. Bailey really jumps off the film to me but coming off injury
and being a 7th rounder I don't know how much we will see him play. Both Logan Wilson and ADG come from small
colleges so I think it might take a little time to adapt to the speed of the NFL.

I think other than Burrow I have to go with Tee Higgins. Tee is a day 1 starter and the way AJ and Ross haven't been
able to stay healthy I think we might see a lot of him as a rookie. Tee is a lot like his favorite player AJ when watching
the tape and he is the same size.
Reply/Quote