Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smollett
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/10/us/jussie-smollett-sentencing-trial/index.html

I didn't think he would have gotten jail time....just fines, restitution. etc. The judge gave him 150 days though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:01 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/10/us/jussie-smollett-sentencing-trial/index.html

I didn't think he would have gotten jail time....just fines, restitution. etc.  The judge gave him 150 days though.

I saw some random analyst say individuals with no priors probably wouldn't get any jail time but predicted Smollett would due to his defiance to the court and sticking to his guns on his lie.  The judge said as much during sentencing.  

Dude needs help.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:21 PM)basballguy Wrote: I saw some random analyst say individuals with no priors probably wouldn't get any jail time but predicted Smollett would due to his defiance to the court and sticking to his guns on his lie.  The judge said as much during sentencing.  

Dude needs help.  

he sure does
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:01 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/10/us/jussie-smollett-sentencing-trial/index.html

I didn't think he would have gotten jail time....just fines, restitution. etc.  The judge gave him 150 days though.

Yeah this was a high profile case and he really stuck with it.  Plus his general attitude may have played a part in it.  Right of wrong showing a little respect and repentance probably would have helped him.  Not that he generated any pity or good will for what he did.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Seems stupid to me to waste money locking him up, but the whole thing has been all sorts of stupid so.....who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:21 PM)basballguy Wrote: I saw some random analyst say individuals with no priors probably wouldn't get any jail time but predicted Smollett would due to his defiance to the court and sticking to his guns on his lie.  The judge said as much during sentencing.  

Dude needs help.  

You see his family's response post verdict and statements in the courtroom?  That whole family needs help.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he sure does

hes a big joke now....threw away a good career and for what exactly??
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You see his family's response post verdict and statements in the courtroom?  That whole family needs help.

Ya I saw.  I also saw the Chicago AG or whoever that lady was that originally dismissed the charges also say it was wrong.  

I guess doubling and tripling down on lying works for these people most of the time.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 06:56 PM)basballguy Wrote: Ya I saw.  I also saw the Chicago AG or whoever that lady was that originally dismissed the charges also say it was wrong.  

I guess doubling and tripling down on lying works for these people most of the time.  

It's well known that I loathe the "progressive" prosecutors sprouting up everywhere like mushrooms on shit.  But Foxx is a special breed of both corrupt as hell and dumb as a bag of hammers.  She got caught giving special favors to Smollett because of his political connections and this is her lame attempt to save face.  I'd feel bad for Chicago, but they reelected this empty headed buffoon, so they have only themselves to blame for the state of their city.  I only pray the recall effort against Gascon succeeds this time, with the heavyweight backing it now has, so Los Angeles can return to normal.  These prosecutors are a blight on our society in general and the criminal justice system in particular.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:37 PM)kalibengal Wrote: hes a big joke now....threw away a good career and for what exactly??

There just aren’t enough horrific acts of racism being perpetrated by the people who get labeled Nazis in this country because of different political viewpoints so damnit, some have to be fabricated.
Reply/Quote
He's a piece of crap. Glad he got some jail time. He will absolutely hate it. He is no different than that guy who was attacked because of his "alt right" haircut. Which is apparently the same haircut I have and lots of men have lol. I guess the one main difference is that one guy is famous. We already forget the other guy.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote