Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Which ONE player would you..
IF you could have your wish, and the Bengals went all out for ONE fantastic player to spend the big cheese on in Free Agency, who would you pick?

Which ONE player, that if given the mega deal, would improve the attitude and prospects of winning more games?

For me, that choice would be Ryan Jensen, Center.

Who would you like your money to be spent on?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Maybe David DeCastro.  Ya, I think so.  Adding a huge mauling All Pro OL to our OL, while at the same time taking away an All Pro OL from our heated rivals, ya that screams David DeCastro.  Hell, I'd even take that effing Pouncey kid they have that I really hate. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Maybe David DeCastro.  Ya, I think so.  Adding a huge mauling OL to ours, while at the same time, taking away from our heated rivals, ya that screams David DeCastro.  Hell, I'd even take that effing Pouncey kid they have that I really hate. 

Are they going to be FAs this year??  Let's keep it realistic.  They have to be players who's contracts are up.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't even bother looking at free agent lists anymore. We're not going after anyone good, so I figure why get my hopes up?

If we did pursue a quality guy, I'd obviously pick an o-lineman.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Maybe David DeCastro.  Ya, I think so.  Adding a huge mauling All Pro OL to our OL, while at the same time taking away an All Pro OL from our heated rivals, ya that screams David DeCastro.  Hell, I'd even take that effing Pouncey kid they have that I really hate. 

I don't think either are FA though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for the OP, give me Drew Brees.

I think Dalton is an above average QB who can win, but Drew Brees is the 2nd best QB in the league right now, and a first ballot HoFer. Get him and then just spend your entire draft on getting 4 OL (package picks to trade up if need be) and a real #2 WR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think either are FA though.

I think Dalton is an above average QB who can win, but Drew Brees is the 2nd best QB in the league right now, and a first ballot HoFer. Get him and then just spend your entire draft on getting 4 OL (package picks to trade up if need be) and a real #2 WR.

Damn, I'd LOVE this.

Too much money though, never happen.

Personally, I'm in Shake's camp, never gonna happen.  Since we're doing hypotheticals, though, I would roll with Nate Solder.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they going to be FAs this year??  Let's keep it realistic.  They have to be players who's contracts are up.

Sorry.....didn't know the rules.  I'm still in the 'pissing in the steAlers bowl of cereal' mode of thinking.  :)

steAlers suck! F them guys!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think either are FA though.

Do you have Brees ahead of Brady or Rodgers?

As for the OP, maybe Connor Barwin? We need help at LB almost as much as O-line.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Damn, I'd LOVE this.

Too much money though, never happen.

Personally, I'm in Shake's camp, never gonna happen.  Since we're doing hypotheticals, though, I would roll with Nate Solder.

Oh yeah, totally agree it's never ever going to happen. I thought this was a "unrealistic shoot-for-the-moon" thread.

If we're talking REALISTIC Bengals options, then look for them to re-sign Andre Smith (because his terrible was less terrible than Ogbuehi/Fisher) and probably Rey Maualuga, because he's a "known commodity" and "former Bengals Captain" who will "bring some leadership" to the defense when Burfict is missing.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: IF you could have your wish, and the Bengals went all out for ONE fantastic player to spend the big cheese on in Free Agency, who would you pick?

Which ONE player, that if given the mega deal, would improve the attitude and prospects of winning more games?

For me, that choice would be Ryan Jensen, Center.

Who would you like your money to be spent on?

Great choice and what we need, badly.
Reply/Quote
I think there's some decent Offensive line talent in the draft so I'd go with....

Jimmy Graham.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh yeah, totally agree it's never ever going to happen. I thought this was a "unrealistic shoot-for-the-moon" thread.

If we're talking REALISTIC Bengals options, then look for them to re-sign Andre Smith (because his terrible was less terrible than Ogbuehi/Fisher) and probably Rey Maualuga, because he's a "known commodity" and "former Bengals Captain" who will "bring some leadership" to the defense when Burfict is missing.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Who’s gonna be the first person brave enough to say Bell...

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do you have Brees ahead of Brady or Rodgers?

As for the OP, maybe Connor Barwin? We need help at LB almost as much as O-line.

Rodgers.

The Saints keep trading away Brees best weapons (Graham/Sproles/Stills/Cooks/Watson all lost in the last 4ish years), and he keeps being great. Rodgers loses Jordy Nelson and becomes mortal.

Honestly, if you look at the last three years, Rodgers play has declined. He's still very good, but...
'12-'14, he had:
66.4% completion
8.2 YPA
273.5 YPG
108.9 QB Rating
'15-'17 he had:
63.5% completion
7.0 YPA
254.5 YPG
98.4 QB Rating

Reply/Quote
One guy would be Andrew Norwell LG from the Panthers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Outside of the players that we don't have a remote chance of getting?

Andrew Norwell

Weston Richburg is also near the top of the list.
Reply/Quote
perfect world- Brees and Jensen. Neither guy will even be considered.

Likely- Andre Smith and Malaluga for reasons stated above.

( Hobspin arguing we must re-sign Smith is pathetic but predictable. It will happen).

Also Bodine gets a 3 year extension in a "team friendly" contract. No one else wants him or the other two.

Bodine is the O equivalent of Malaluga.

They will draft a 5th round center from Southwest Utah state to compete with Bodine.

The Bengals will spit in our faces once again.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who’s gonna be the first person brave enough to say Bell...

I don't think Bell is as great as the media likes to hype him up to be. He just came off a 4.0 YPC season behind an OL that gets to hold as much as it likes. Can you imagine him behind the Bengals OL? He also loses his sweet reduce punishments deal he gets with the NFL FO when he smokes weed again or gets a DUI, because he won't have the Steelers Ownership calling up Rog.

The Steelers also have treated him like a rented mule the last two seasons. He's averaged 27.5 touches per game played the last two seasons. That bill has to be paid eventually.

The Cowboys did the same with DeMarco Murray his last year with them, and it looks to have shortened his career. He averaged 4.8 YPC with the Cowboys his first four years, and 4.0 YPC the last 3 years, including two seasons of 3.6 YPC.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Outside of the players that we don't have a remote chance of getting?

Andrew Norwell

Weston Richburg is also near the top of the list.

Norwell is bonafide, I'd be happy with that.

Richburg, I'm not so impressed with.  He is alright in pass pro, but he doesn't seem to move anyone off the ball.  Basically, we need a Center that can match up with a 3-4 NT on a regular basis.  Kyle Cook, before injuries, was the closest that we had seen since Braham.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I really like Morgan Burnett when he came out of College; however, he is pushing 29 years old. So if I get to wish give me Eric Reid. A more realistic option would be another bfine fav coming out of College tre Boss-10
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote