Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Which ONE player would you..
How about Nate Solder from NE? It would be nice to have a LT that didn't allow pressure every other play.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think Bell is as great as the media likes to hype him up to be. He just came off a 4.0 YPC season behind an OL that gets to hold as much as it likes. Can you imagine him behind the Bengals OL? He also loses his sweet reduce punishments deal he gets with the NFL FO when he smokes weed again or gets a DUI, because he won't have the Steelers Ownership calling up Rog.

The Steelers also have treated him like a rented mule the last two seasons. He's averaged 27.5 touches per game played the last two seasons. That bill has to be paid eventually.

The Cowboys did the same with DeMarco Murray his last year with them, and it looks to have shortened his career. He averaged 4.8 YPC with the Cowboys his first four years, and 4.0 YPC the last 3 years, including two seasons of 3.6 YPC.

The Steelers have put a ton of miles on him, that’s true, but I do think he’s as good as the hype suggests. Hell, his 655 receiving yds would have been 2nd on the Bengals last season...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:36 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: How about Nate Solder from NE? It would be nice to have a LT that didn't allow pressure every other play.

While Nate Solder would most definitely be an upgrade from Ogbuehi at LT, I'm not convinced that he would pan out as being worth "top dollar".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: IF you could have your wish, and the Bengals went all out for ONE fantastic player to spend the big cheese on in Free Agency, who would you pick?

Which ONE player, that if given the mega deal, would improve the attitude and prospects of winning more games?

For me, that choice would be Ryan Jensen, Center.

Who would you like your money to be spent on?

This is tough. Given where the gaps mostly are and the players available in FA, I'm going to give a few options....
LT - Nate Solder
C - Weston Richburg or Ryan Jensen
LB - Zach Brown or Preston Brown
WR - Marqise Lee

Any of those players would be instant upgrades to what the Bengals have in terms of starters and would open up the draft a ton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While Nate Solder would most definitely be an upgrade from Ogbuehi at LT, I'm not convinced that he would pan out as being worth "top dollar".

He was my pick too.  When you've painted yourself into this corner, you are most likely going to need to overpay for a guy or two.....if you're serious about winning NOW.  I highly doubt they are, but if it's more than lip service, getting a legit LT is imperative.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: He was my pick too.  When you've painted yourself into this corner, you are most likely going to need to overpay for a guy or two.....if you're serious about winning NOW.  I highly doubt they are, but if it's more than lip service, getting a legit LT is imperative.

Yeah, that's why I went with Jensen.  Might as well go back to the beginning, and build the line right, from the inside out.  Sure, he'll cost plenty, but then the interior of the OL is solidified.  Will make dealing with a pair of new Tackles much easier to deal with.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: IF you could have your wish, and the Bengals went all out for ONE fantastic player to spend the big cheese on in Free Agency, who would you pick?

Which ONE player, that if given the mega deal, would improve the attitude and prospects of winning more games?

For me, that choice would be Ryan Jensen, Center.

Who would you like your money to be spent on?

Well Jensen would definately be on the top of my list but i bet the Ravens re-sign him and he has had only one real year
of solid production. Plus i really like this draft's top Centers especially Frank Ragnow C Arkansas for us in the 2nd round.

Want us to pick up atleast a couple O-lineman in FA, Andrew Norwell G Panthers is my top choice, also like Nate Solder T.

I will just say Norwell but he will be expensive at around 9 million + a year so i doubt we get him.

I bet we bring back Andre and pickup Richburg the Center or Zac Brown the Linebacker.

If we go with a Receiver i am with Ochocincos on Marquis Lee.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that's why I went with Jensen.  Might as well go back to the beginning, and build the line right, from the inside out.  Sure, he'll cost plenty, but then the interior of the OL is solidified.  Will make dealing with a pair of new Tackles much easier to deal with.

I would take Jensen as well, but with how the draft has panned out with OT the last few years, and a less than stellar class of them in this one.....if I had an option to get Solder, I'd take him, and draft a C high.  There seems to be a few legit C in this draft.  Ideally, you'd want BOTH of them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Allen Robinson!! Build the oline through the draft. But having aj green Allen Robinson, and john Ross, with Boyd as a 4 would be insane!
Reply/Quote
I would prefer in order:
DE Ezekiel Anssah would be my number one choice (highly unlikely he becomes a FA, but if he does he'd be my Number 1 priority).
LT Nate Solder (solidify the LT spot so we can draft a RT and C). Number 1 priority of Ansah isn't available. We have enough cap space to add both.
C Ryan Jensen, hurts Baltimore. :) If not him then: C Weston Richburg. Should still have enough space to add one of these 2 as well.
LB Nigel Bradham, Devon Kennard, Preston Brown (all guys hitting their prime and 2 of them would solidify our LB corps), none would break the bank.
Luxury picks
DT Sheldon Richardson
S Calvin Pryor (if we think he's a better fit than Shawn Williams).

I saw where a few people listed LG Andrew Norwell, but we have Boiling who is above average when not trying to do everyone else's job. Now the tricky part, if we feel that Boling can be our Future LT, then yes, sign Andrew Norwell and skip signing Nate Solder.

With our position in the draft, I feel that we will be able to draft a RT high with out a problem, and maybe add either a C or RG for back up purposes easily enough. And there is a few good WR's that will fall that could help as well.

If we really wanted to, cutting Michael Johnson (5 M), Adam Jones (6 M), Vinny Rey (2.75 M) and LaFell (4 M) would open up another 17 M. We will be carrying over 11 Mil from last year, so we would have 39 Mil to start the FA period with. Combined with our cuts, we would have 56 Mil in cap space. Of course I wouldn't cut those guys until we reached a point where the space was needed.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 06:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I would prefer in order:
DE Ezekiel Anssah would be my number one choice (highly unlikely he becomes a FA, but if he does he'd be my Number 1 priority).
LT Nate Solder (solidify the LT spot so we can draft a RT and C). Number 1 priority of Ansah isn't available. We have enough cap space to add both.
C Ryan Jensen, hurts Baltimore. :) If not him then: C Weston Richburg. Should still have enough space to add one of these 2 as well.
LB Nigel Bradham, Devon Kennard, Preston Brown (all guys hitting their prime and 2 of them would solidify our LB corps), none would break the bank.
Luxury picks
DT Sheldon Richardson

I saw where a few people listed LG Andrew Norwell, but we have Boiling who is above average when not trying to do everyone else's job. Now the tricky part, if we feel that Boling can be our Future LT, then yes, sign Andrew Norwell and skip signing Nate Solder.

With our position in the draft, I feel that we will be able to draft a RT high with out a problem, and maybe add either a C or RG for back up purposes easily enough. And there is a few good WR's that will fall that could help as well.

If we really wanted to, cutting Michael Johnson (5 M), Adam Jones (6 M), Vinny Rey (2.75 M) and LaFell (4 M) would open up another 17 M. We will be carrying over 11 Mil from last year, so we would have 39 Mil to start the FA period with. Combined with our cuts, we would have 56 Mil in cap space. Of course I wouldn't cut those guys until we reached a point where the space was needed.

All great thoughts Mike.

Bradham in particular i thought looked pretty damn good this year on the Eagles.

Pryor seems just like another Shawn and has been cut because of it.

If he can cover i am for it, but we need a ballhawk at Safety after losing Derron Smith IMO.

Kenny Vaccaro would be the Safety i would go after.
Reply/Quote
I also would grab Nate Solder.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Luxury picks
DT Sheldon Richardson

Wow, great job of narrowing it down to ONE player to break the bank on..   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they going to be FAs this year??  Let's keep it realistic.  They have to be players who's contracts are up.

we could look at realistic trades too... But from other AFCN teams we will have to over pay.

I'm not sure whos available so I'd say if its not OL help... Its a Vet WR that could be anywhere between 2 and 4 on the DC.

Or Whoever the new DC wants to bring in from the lions D
Reply/Quote
Jimmy Garoppolo. He’s technically a free agent. I’m sure he will be tagged.

Give me a young franchise qb. Trade dalton and ajm. Money wouldn’t be all that bad and the extra draft picks would be nice.

Dreaming I am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we could look at realistic trades too... But from other AFCN teams we will have to over pay.

I'm not sure whos available so I'd say if its not OL help... Its a Vet WR that could be anywhere between 2 and 4 on the DC.

Or Whoever the new DC wants to bring in from the lions D

Here's a great place to look, and give you an idea of who's up for FA this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's a great place to look, and give you an idea of who's up for FA this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

I see Reggie Nelson on that list..... 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I see Reggie Nelson on that list..... 

Is he who you hope they go all-in on?  I was hoping that they would have re-signed him two years ago.  I think his age is becoming a factor, now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Luxury picks
DT Sheldon Richardson

I like a lot of your thinking, including the premise of drafting a right tackle and center in the first two rounds.  McGlinchey or Brown should trickle down - the former from what I've seen.   Lazor wants big and he's big, mean and could probably do a very good job of handling the right side.

I love Ragnow from the little I've seen, to the point that though many draftniks have him going in the 3rd or 4th rounds I'd be concerned he'd be there at 46.

So I LOVE the Anssah pick.   He tore all of our people up (OK it was our O-linemen, but that included Boling).  He would make an awesome DE in our rotation.

I'd also like to sign a good LB to go with Burfict.

So to answer the OP, I'd go for Anssah.  Our D needs fixed as much as the O.   We should be able to pick up a R tackle and center and begin the Oline / Dline rebuilds.

Nice post
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 04:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is he who you hope they go all-in on?  I was hoping that they would have re-signed him two years ago.  I think his age is becoming a factor, now.

Yeah, I’d have to change my answer as well. Didn’t realize Connor Barwin was 31 already.

Guess I’d go with whoever the best C or LT is.

Reply/Quote