Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Which ONE player would you..
But that means barwin is a favorite to win the hawk-dansbury free agent contract to an over the hill and useless linebacker.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 02:27 AM)Storer50 Wrote: But that means barwin is a favorite to win the hawk-dansbury free agent contract to an over the hill and useless linebacker.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

5 sacks last year, I wouldn’t call him useless. He’s probably still better than any LB we have not named Burfict.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: One guy would be Andrew Norwell LG from the Panthers.

That's my choice if I could have one from this year's crop.  He would go a long way to solidifying the line and allow us to draft a center, tackle, linebacker or safety in the first round.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 04:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is he who you hope they go all-in on?  I was hoping that they would have re-signed him two years ago.  I think his age is becoming a factor, now.

I wouldn't say all-in on. According to the list you provided, he was only making 4.5 mil, the same as Minter. I'd take the chance and at least talk to the guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 12:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wouldn't say all-in on. According to the list you provided, he was only making 4.5 mil, the same as Minter. I'd take the chance and at least talk to the guy.

Well, the play along premise of the OP was to name ONE player in Free Agency, that YOU would like to see the Bengals go all-in on signing, that YOU thought would most benefit the team.

Actually, I didn't really provide a list, I just gave a link to show how to find what players would be eligible.

If enough people follow directions and play along with the idea, I'd like to come up with a poll of the 6-8 most common free agents and have everyone to vote on it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's still Solder for me......but it will be Barwin and/or Nelson for Son of Paul....."model-model", and "continuity" er something like that. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, the play along premise of the OP was to name ONE player in Free Agency, that YOU would like to see the Bengals go all-in on signing, that YOU thought would most benefit the team.

Actually, I didn't really provide a list, I just gave a link to show how to find what players would be eligible.

If enough people follow directions and play along with the idea, I'd like to come up with a poll of the 6-8 most common free agents and have everyone to vote on it.

No, I read the rules. I just didn't follow them... I just saw Reggie's name and thought it was interesting.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 03:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: No, I read the rules. I just didn't follow them... I just saw Reggie's name and thought it was interesting.

You rebel you...... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Kirk Cousins. I miss the deep ball.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 03:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: You rebel you...... Ninja

I am! Don't tell no one, I pee behind my shed sometimes... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Maualuga will not be back. Don't worry.

However,Tahir Whitehead will be.
Reply/Quote
Another guy I would love to get would be Jarvis Landry. We keep wasting draft picks to get a #2 receiver. Landry would more than fill that role. Lazor was his OC as a rookie too,
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 03:50 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Maualuga will not be back. Don't worry.

However,Tahir Whitehead will be.

Whitehead would be a fantastic acquisition.  His stat line was off the chart.  A couple of the Buffalo LBs look like decent mid-range prospects. (although we're not talking about mid-range prospects in this thread  Ninja )

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Solder would best improve the odds of winning and open up the draft the most out of anyone. 
Reply/Quote
People people people..get out your long spoons to start scraping the bottoms of the barrels.. Certainly there must be some other 99th out of 100 offensive linemen not currently on the Bengals roster up for free agency this season. AND we have the perfect guy who is willing to write him up to sound like the greatest acquisition of all time.. Initials:GH
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 08:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: People people people..get out your long spoons to start scraping the bottoms of the barrels.. Certainly there must be some other 99th out of 100 offensive linemen not currently on the Bengals roster up for free agency this season. AND we have the perfect guy who is willing to write him up to sound like the greatest acquisition of all time.. Initials:GH

So, your selection is Long Spoons.  Got it.   ThumbsUp

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: IF you could have your wish, and the Bengals went all out for ONE fantastic player to spend the big cheese on in Free Agency, who would you pick?

Which ONE player, that if given the mega deal, would improve the attitude and prospects of winning more games?

For me, that choice would be Ryan Jensen, Center.

Who would you like your money to be spent on?

There is ONE player new OC Lasor had as a starter in Miami and could come in here and team with AJ Green in an awesome combination and that is JARVIS LANDRY but I do not look for Bengals to cough up the money. The DC from Detroit could bring over starters inside and outside linebacker TAHIR WHITEHEAD, CB- NEVIN LAWSON or SS- TAVIN WILSON.  All 3 would be welcome additions to our defense. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:09 PM)kevin Wrote: There is ONE player new OC Lasor had as a starter in Miami and could come in here and team with AJ Green in an awesome combination and that is JARVIS LANDRY but I do not look for Bengals to cough up the money. ..... Players that may fit Bengals Budget could be JERMAN BUSHROD from Miami who has started at Left Tackle and Right Guard, and we lost both positions in Whitworth and Zeitler last year.  The DC from Detroit could bring over starters inside and outside linebacker TAHIR WHITEHEAD, CB- NEVIN LAWSON or SS- TAVIN WILSON.  All 3 would be welcome additions to our defense. 

So, if you could have your wish, you'd have the Bengals go big on Jarvis Landry?  Got it.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nate Solder or Luke Joeckel

and sign Teddy Bridgewater as our backup QB.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Nate Solder or Luke Joeckel

and sign Teddy Bridgewater as our backup QB.

I don't think that Joekel (sp?) is eligible for FA this season.  So, I have you as wishing for Nate Solder.

You can use this link to check each position for FAs this year.  Pretty cool, includes age, current salary, stat line, etc.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote