Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Which ONE player would you..
(01-20-2018, 12:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think that Joekel (sp?) is eligible for FA this season.  So, I have you as wishing for Nate Solder.

You can use this link to check each position for FAs this year.  Pretty cool, includes age, current salary, stat line, etc.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Looks like he is the 11th player listed to me ? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Looks like he is the 11th player listed to me ? 

Yep, there he is.  Hilarious

I glanced right on past him, when I was looking earlier.  Thanks for the correction.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, there he is.  Hilarious

I glanced right on past him, when I was looking earlier.  Thanks for the correction.

It's all good

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, if you could have your wish, you'd have the Bengals go big on Jarvis Landry?  Got it.

I could see Lasor wanting him.  I don't see Bengals putting out the money for him.  I can see us getting 3 starters from Detroit at CB, SS and LB that fit Bengals Budget and help our defense greatly. Tahir Whitehead would fill a starting need at LB, but so would Tavin Wilson at strong safety.  Nevin Wilson could continue to start here at CB.  So I can see Lasor wanting Landry at WR, but Bengals Budget might bring in new DC Detroit Defensive Starters at maybe 3 positions and that ain't bad either.  Since the Bengals are not known for big Free Agency moves, I really have no favorites, but these new coaches may bring over their starters and help our free agency as Zimmer did.

Since the new DC majors in DB's as Dick LeBeau did, his best Detroit DB is that Strong Safety Tavon Wilson who could come in and start for Bengals ASAP probably. The Bengals have lost top players at safety the last few years, so here is a good addition. This DC who majors in DB's bringing over his starting safety could be a huge help to Bengals and put draft needs focus on more needed positions. I could see Tavon Wilson added as one of this new DC's favorites. We have lost safeties such as Nelson and it shows as cornerbacks don't always get help and we see other teams players going for touchdowns as defensive backs stop and watch them go by like touch football. If the new DC brings over his good starting safety, that could be a great move and it should be a low price free agency addition that fits Bengals front office not known for big free agency money. Bengals give up too many 3rd and longs since Nelson gone and our safeties haven't been getting it done. We could probably get a top safety in Wilson for 2 to 3 million that would fit Bengals Budget and let new OC have one of his top players follow him to Cincy. If 2 or 3 mil helps shut down other teams high priced QB's and WR's then we make out like a bandit.

I'll add that I saw Jake Scott dominate with Dolphins and Steelers, Lott with 49ers and Polamalu with Steelers and Nelson was very good for Bengals. Those safeties that seem to be everywhere sideline to sideline are tough to beat. I would say I would welcome the new defensive coordinator bringing over his starting safety TAVON WILSON, but I would like CB- Lawson and LB-Whitehead also. Give this new DC 3 of his Detroit starters here in Cincy and this Cincy Defense could be Super Bowl Defense in 2018 season. If I could only pick ONE, I would say Wilson since the DC is a DB guy and Wilson maybe his best DB starter.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think that Joekel (sp?) is eligible for FA this season.  So, I have you as wishing for Nate Solder.

You can use this link to check each position for FAs this year.  Pretty cool, includes age, current salary, stat line, etc.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Jesus Christ, I didn't realize that Adam Vinatieri is 45 years old! I know he's a kicker, but damn, that's impressive. 

My pick would be Ryan Jensen as well. It makes sense it many ways; 1) He's young, 2) Position of dire need, 3) Played in the same division so is familiar with opponents, 4) Sort of "weakens" a division rival, and 5) Probably wouldn't break the bank to sign.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 03:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am! Don't tell no one, I pee behind my shed sometimes... Ninja

Wow.  Small world.  I do the same.  I pee behind your shed too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 03:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am! Don't tell no one, I pee behind my shed sometimes... Ninja

(01-20-2018, 02:46 PM)McC Wrote: Wow.  Small world.  I do the same.  I pee behind your shed too.

That's cute.  If you live in the country like me, you can pee right off the front porch!  Them bushes are flourishing from the nitrogen boost.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's cute.  If you live in the country like me, you can pee right off the front porch!  Them bushes are flourishing from the nitrogen boost.  Ninja

I work outside at people's houses.  I've peed behind sheds all over the tri-state.  

And now, back to the thread...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's cute.  If you live in the country like me, you can pee right off the front porch!  Them bushes are flourishing from the nitrogen boost.  Ninja

One more thing and I'll let this goofy sidetrack go.  It is amazing how many times I've discovered that I was not the first to have peed there.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:29 PM)McC Wrote: One more thing and I'll let this goofy sidetrack go.  It is amazing how many times I've discovered that I was not the first to have peed there.

I work in the woods often.  I have to be careful not to pee on any of the copperheadedrattlemoccasins.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Here is another list of available free agents and Link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ranking-top-50-potential-nfl-free-agents-2018/story?id=52412654

I think out of this list I would go with Dontari Poe.  Simms needs to be replaced.  Poe is 28 and with Geno,  Lawson and Dunlap, would make the D-Line elite.  Poe could be NT if the new DC wants to give 3-4.  

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I work in the woods often.  I have to be careful not to pee on any of the copperheadedrattlemoccasins.  Ninja

LOL.  Yeah.  Good idea.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Here is another list of available free agents and Link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ranking-top-50-potential-nfl-free-agents-2018/story?id=52412654

I think out of this list I would go with Dontari Poe.  Simms needs to be replaced.  Poe is 28 and with Geno,  Lawson and Dunlap, would make the D-Line elite.  Poe could be NT if the new DC wants to give 3-4.  

I like it.

Reply/Quote
Once again, get your "dream" free agent pick in. This will come back in poll form, in just a few weeks.

Please, try to narrow your selection to ONE FA that if YOU were in control, that you would pick to spend max money on.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nate Solder is the one guy I'd want.

Mike Wallace would also make for a very nice (and affordable) one year rental to mentor John Ross (another speed guy).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 11:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nate Solder is the one guy I'd want.

Mike Wallace would also make for a very nice (and affordable) one year rental to mentor John Ross (another speed guy).

Would love to get Solder but have never been a Wallace fan. 

But if he came cheap enough ? Maybe. 

Of course many may remember this from old board when folks wanted to break the bank for him when leaving Pittsburgh. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would love to get Solder but have never been a Wallace fan. 

But if he came cheap enough ? Maybe. 

Of course many may remember this from old board when folks wanted to break the bank for him when leaving Pittsburgh. 

Well he's 31 and coming off a 750 yard season. Plus his last contract was only for 2 years/11.5 million. We signed LaFell to a 2 year, $9 million deal last year. So we're talking LaFell type money. Probably less, as he's coming off a fairly poor season at his age.

Tbh, Wallace wasn't a terrible signing when he left Pittsburgh. He's averaged 871 yards and 5.5 TD's per 16 starts since he left there. Sure, it's not #1 production, but the Dolphins were easily able to escape the contract and were no worse for taking the risk. I wish the Bengals took such gambles sometimes, as long as the contract is easily escapable. But unfortunately we don't use FA and we don't often cut players when they underperform their cap figure, either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Once again, get your "dream" free agent pick in.  This will come back in poll form, in just a few weeks.  

Please, try to narrow your selection to ONE FA that if YOU were in control, that you would pick to spend max money on.

DeMarcus Lawrence

But if it was two, add Norwell on there.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well he's 31 and coming off a 750 yard season. Plus his last contract was only for 2 years/11.5 million. We signed LaFell to a 2 year, $9 million deal last year. So we're talking LaFell type money. Probably less, as he's coming off a fairly poor season at his age.

Tbh, Wallace wasn't a terrible signing when he left Pittsburgh. He's averaged 871 yards and 5.5 TD's per 16 starts since he left there. Sure, it's not #1 production, but the Dolphins were easily able to escape the contract and were no worse for taking the risk. I wish the Bengals took such gambles sometimes, as long as the contract is easily escapable. But unfortunately we don't use FA and we don't often cut players when they underperform their cap figure, either.

Wish the Bengals would take such risks as well. 

Just remember everybody thinking he was the greatest thing ever. Would point out that the only reason they were parting ways was because AB was so good that they no longer could pay them both. 

Was laughed off the thread for even claiming AB was better since believe Wallace was coming off several big TD years and Brown was still a pup. 

Just always saw him as a one trick pony that scored a lot but also dropped a lot of easy TD's too. 

To be fair have not followed him much since then and maybe he has developed into a better route runner. Because certainly he has lost some of that lightening speed.   

Hoping Ross is better, but would still be serviceable even if he was only as good as MW. Just do not trust x-steelers to give it their all for Bengals.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For the record not a huge fan of the LaFell signing either.

But he is a Bengal now, so rooting for him.

Should not have let Sanu go. Probably could not have stopped Marvin Jones per wanting to be a #1 though.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote