Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Which ONE player would you..
(01-21-2018, 12:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Once again, get your "dream" free agent pick in.  This will come back in poll form, in just a few weeks.  

Please, try to narrow your selection to ONE FA that if YOU were in control, that you would pick to spend max money on.

Ok so after looking at the list, I kept going back to LaMarcus Joyner, safety from the Rams. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ok so after looking at the list, I kept going back to LaMarcus Joyner, safety from the Rams. 

Nice, anything's better than what they're currently doing, by miscasting Williams in the FS role.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 02:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: For the record not a huge fan of the LaFell signing either.

But he is a Bengal now, so rooting for him.

Should not have let Sanu go.  Probably could not have stopped Marvin Jones per wanting to be a #1 though.

Sanu was gone regardless. He made the press rounds during the Super Bowl and mentioned that he was going to head somewhere else. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well Jensen would definately be on the top of my list but i bet the Ravens re-sign him and he has had only one real year
of solid production. Plus i really like this draft's top Centers especially Frank Ragnow C Arkansas for us in the 2nd round.

Want us to pick up atleast a couple O-lineman in FA, Andrew Norwell G Panthers is my top choice, also like Nate Solder T.

I will just say Norwell but he will be expensive at around 9 million + a year so i doubt we get him.

I bet we bring back Andre and pickup Richburg the Center or Zac Brown the Linebacker.

If we go with a Receiver i am with Ochocincos on Marquis Lee.

I would go with Nate Solder 

And draft DT Vita Vega in the first round of the draft to put next to Geno Atkins 

Then in the second take C Billy Price or C Frank R witch everone you think is the best one

In the third take WR James Washington

With the second third round pick get the best LB we can get trade up or down to get him

And hopefully we can get the Loins safety Wilson and try to get the best FA LB we can afford

I think all these guys would go along into righting the ship!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 01:35 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Sanu was gone regardless. He made the press rounds during the Super Bowl and mentioned that he was going to head somewhere else. 

Perhaps, he never was really used properly here after breaking Larry Fitzgeralds college reception record. What was it like 130 catches that year. 

Which was remarkable considering he was all Rutgers had and defenses focused solely on him. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:49 AM)The_WiseOne Wrote: I would go with Nate Solder 

And draft DT Vita Vega in the first round of the draft to put next to Geno Atkins 

Then in the second take C Billy Price or C Frank R witch everone you think is the best one

With the second third round pick get the best LB we can get trade up or down to get him

And hopefully we can get the Loins safety Wilson and try to get the best FA LB we can afford

Can get behind all of this except would not take WR in 3rd. We need to see what we have in Ross. 

Think this draft should be all about the OL and the defense solely. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Quite a few quality LBs in the FA. I'd take a look at one of them.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:14 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Quite a few quality LBs in the FA. I'd take a look at one of them.

C'mon man, you can do a little better than that.  If YOU had the power to hit the "execute the deal" button, on ONE player, who would you pick?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 07:42 PM)3wt Wrote: I like a lot of your thinking, including the premise of drafting a right tackle and center in the first two rounds.  McGlinchey or Brown should trickle down - the former from what I've seen.   Lazor wants big and he's big, mean and could probably do a very good job of handling the right side.

I love Ragnow from the little I've seen, to the point that though many draftniks have him going in the 3rd or 4th rounds I'd be concerned he'd be there at 46.

So I LOVE the Anssah pick.   He tore all of our people up (OK it was our O-linemen, but that included Boling).  He would make an awesome DE in our rotation.

I'd also like to sign a good LB to go with Burfict.

So to answer the OP, I'd go for Anssah.  Our D needs fixed as much as the O.   We should be able to pick up a R tackle and center and begin the Oline / Dline rebuilds.

Nice post

Yeah, getting Ansah would be huge and we already have his previous DC here that he thrived with....
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:49 AM)The_WiseOne Wrote: I would go with Nate Solder 

Nice post, i would be down with this for sure. I do agree with Go Cards about WR though, we need to give Ross a shot.

But if he cannot stay healthy we better grab a guy like Washington or Anthony Miller the WR from Memphis.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Once again, get your "dream" free agent pick in.  This will come back in poll form, in just a few weeks.  

Please, try to narrow your selection to ONE FA that if YOU were in control, that you would pick to spend max money on.

Alright, the more i think about it Nate Solder would be my dream FA pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post, i would be down with this for sure. I do agree with Go Cards about WR though, we need to give Ross a shot.

But if he cannot stay healthy we better grab a guy like Washington or Anthony Miller the WR from Memphis.

The reason I went with Washington in the third is just in case Ross is a bust and you can never have too many good receives and I believe Washington will be a good one
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 12:53 AM)The_WiseOne Wrote: The reason I went with Washington in the third is just in case Ross is a bust and you can never have too many good receives and I believe Washington will be a good one

Yeah, Ross has to get healthy before we really know what we have in him. Hopefully the new WR coach can help him out.

Ross was one hell of a talent in college. Still say he reminded me of a more classy Antonio Brown.

James Washington could be great insurance in case Ross is the next Eifert.
Reply/Quote