Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Offensive Tackles or DB's are on your 1st Pick Mock Board
Let's say it's not a TE and Bengals feel the free agent they brought in and resigning Sample is a good fit for them, and they might still resign Wilcox.

Then who might be a Blocking Tackle or DB that looks like a top notch athlete who might be on the board late in Round One. It's OK, to throw out several names of Tackles or DB's that look like they could be there late in One, without mentioning the players they could get in rounds 2 or 3.

Interested to hear your feedback on Blocking Tackles or DB's, two areas the Bengals could now use some help, maybe more than TE. Coach Taylor says they are going to take players who are a Good Fit. I would think Protecting Joe Burrow is still Top Priority and replacing some of the DB's Bengals lost would also be somewhat important since they play 5 or more DB's most of the time.

So who you got for Bengals at Blocking Tackle or DB ??? As in the Knute Rockne movie, nothing against QB's WR's, RB, but Winning Teams can BLOCK and TACKLE.

I'll throw 3 names CBS Sports has that might be there when Bengals pick, and all 3 are Offensive Tackles as Best Available Athlete. Broderick Jones- Georgia, Darnell Wright- Tennessee, Anton Harrison- Oklahoma. I'll add Paris Johnson Jr of Ohio State just in case he falls to us, which he probably won't. All Big Tackles to Block for Joe Burrow if Jonah Williams decides to sit out if not traded. Now CBS Sports doesn't have them as later round, CBS Sports has them as First Round Best Available Athletes. So it seems there are Blockers For Burrow in this Draft. So I'm seeing DB and TE as more of second day Round 2 and Round 3, unless there is an amazing DB or TE when Bengals draft late in One.

Again, in case not a TE, do any of you like a Blocking Tackle or DB in this Draft in Round One, and if so, Who ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
OT: Skoronski, Johnson, B. Jones, Wright.
DB: Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter, Forbes, Banks

My board would be:

I. Guys who will not fall not us = 9/13. (+4 Top QBs).
Anderson, Wilson, Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Skoronski, Carter, Johnson, B. Jones, Porter

II. Guys who probably won't fall to us, but I am delighted if they do = 12.
Robinson, Smith-Njigba, Van Ness, Wright, Kancey, Forbes, Murphy, Mayer, Flowers, Kincaid, Banks, N. Smith.

III. The best of what's left (looking to trade down)
Gibbs, Washington. That's 27. But I gotta think someone takes one of the guys below (or Hooker) so one of my top 27 is still there.

After that, I REALLY would try to trade down. It is kind of scrambled for me. I'd probably swing on Bresee. But Brents, Branch, Adebewore, Avila, Schnitz, Torrence, Addison, Johnston, and Hyatt would be in the mix.
Reply/Quote
OTs: Broderick Jones, Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski, Darnell Wright
CBs: Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Joey Porter, Deonte Banks, Cam Smith, Emmanuel Forbes (no, I don't like Ringo)
I'm a Petty Patty and say no to Joey Porter Jr for obvious reasons lol.

I just can't imagine it would be anyone other than one of the CBs or OTs above if not a TE.
Some like DT, but I think Bengals will wait on DT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OTs: Broderick Jones, Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski, Darnell Wright
CBs: Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Joey Porter, Deonte Banks, Cam Smith, Emmanuel Forbes (no, I don't like Ringo)
I'm a Petty Patty and say no to Joey Porter Jr for obvious reasons lol.

I just can't imagine it would be anyone other than one of the CBs or OTs above if not a TE.
Some like DT, but I think Bengals will wait on DT.
Actually, it would be rather humorous to see dad have to cheer on the team he hated so much. (I'm assuming dad is Joey Porter former Steeler.) 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 12:54 PM)Mer Wrote: Actually, it would be rather humorous to see dad have to cheer on the team he hated so much. (I'm assuming dad is Joey Porter former Steeler.) 

Yes, his father is former Steeler Joey Porter Sr.
I just don't want him anywhere around the Bengals organization lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:39 AM)kevin Wrote: Let's say it's not a TE and Bengals feel the free agent they brought in and resigning Sample is a good fit for them, and they might still resign Wilcox.

Then who might be a Blocking Tackle or DB that looks like a top notch athlete who might be on the board late in Round One.  It's OK, to throw out several names of Tackles or DB's that look like they could be there late in One, without mentioning the players they could get in rounds 2 or 3.

Interested to hear your feedback on Blocking Tackles or DB's, two areas the Bengals could now use some help, maybe more than TE.  Coach Taylor says they are going to take players who are a Good Fit.  I would think Protecting Joe Burrow is still Top Priority and replacing some of the DB's Bengals lost would also be somewhat important since they play 5 or more DB's most of the time.

So who you got for Bengals at Blocking Tackle or DB ???  As in the Knute Rockne movie, nothing against QB's WR's, RB, but Winning Teams can BLOCK and TACKLE.

I'll throw 3 names CBS Sports has that might be there when Bengals pick, and all 3 are Offensive Tackles as Best Available Athlete.  Broderick Jones- Georgia,  Darnell Wright- Tennessee,  Anton Harrison- Oklahoma.   I'll add Paris Johnson Jr of Ohio State just in case he falls to us, which he probably won't.  All Big Tackles to Block for Joe Burrow if Jonah Williams decides to sit out if not traded.  Now CBS Sports doesn't have them as later round, CBS Sports has them as First Round Best Available Athletes.  So it seems there are Blockers For Burrow in this Draft.  So I'm seeing DB and TE as more of second day Round 2 and Round 3,  unless there is an amazing DB or TE when Bengals draft late in One.

Again, in case not a TE, do any of you like a Blocking Tackle or DB in this Draft in Round One, and if so, Who ?

Pretty solid take, Kevin. This draft is deep at DB and TE. With Washington's size and athleticism, he could be the outlier. Obviously, it depends on their draft board, but there should be some good DBs and TEs to be had after RD 1, no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 10:39 AM)kevin Wrote: Let's say it's not a TE and Bengals feel the free agent they brought in and resigning Sample is a good fit for them, and they might still resign Wilcox.

Then who might be a Blocking Tackle or DB that looks like a top notch athlete who might be on the board late in Round One.  It's OK, to throw out several names of Tackles or DB's that look like they could be there late in One, without mentioning the players they could get in rounds 2 or 3.

Interested to hear your feedback on Blocking Tackles or DB's, two areas the Bengals could now use some help, maybe more than TE.  Coach Taylor says they are going to take players who are a Good Fit.  I would think Protecting Joe Burrow is still Top Priority and replacing some of the DB's Bengals lost would also be somewhat important since they play 5 or more DB's most of the time.

So who you got for Bengals at Blocking Tackle or DB ???  As in the Knute Rockne movie, nothing against QB's WR's, RB, but Winning Teams can BLOCK and TACKLE.

I'll throw 3 names CBS Sports has that might be there when Bengals pick, and all 3 are Offensive Tackles as Best Available Athlete.  Broderick Jones- Georgia,  Darnell Wright- Tennessee,  Anton Harrison- Oklahoma.   I'll add Paris Johnson Jr of Ohio State just in case he falls to us, which he probably won't.  All Big Tackles to Block for Joe Burrow if Jonah Williams decides to sit out if not traded.  Now CBS Sports doesn't have them as later round, CBS Sports has them as First Round Best Available Athletes.  So it seems there are Blockers For Burrow in this Draft.  So I'm seeing DB and TE as more of second day Round 2 and Round 3,  unless there is an amazing DB or TE when Bengals draft late in One.

Banks or Forbes at Corner, Darnell Wright is the only OT that could be available I would take at 28. Doubt Broderick Jones or 
Skoronski fall out of the teens. Would be a reach to grab Dawand Jones, Anton Harrison or Bergeron IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Banks or Forbes at Corner, Darnell Wright is the only OT that could be available I would take at 28. Doubt Broderick Jones or 
Skoronski fall out of the teens. Would be a reach to grab Dawand Jones, Anton Harrison or Bergeron IMO.

I second this emotion. And being a no Ringo. 

Would you take, say, Gibbs or Flowers at 28 if the DEs, CBs, OT, and TEs are gone? Plus Kancey & Robinson? 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I second this emotion. And being a no Ringo. 

Would you take, say, Gibbs or Flowers at 28 if the DEs, CBs, OT, and TEs are gone? Plus Kancey & Robinson? 

I would take Gibbs at 28 no problem. Dude is a playmaker and adds that explosiveness we haven't had at RB in forever. I know he 
isn't a good pass protector but he can work on this aspect of his game. He is a fantastic pass catcher out of the backfield, reminds 
me of a faster Alvin Kamara. Would really help our Offense as a rookie, cannot beat that with a first round pick.
Reply/Quote